+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I haven't been able to link my OWP, I contacted them and they said they haven't even opened it yet. Simaa yours was Jan 24th? Mine was Jan 27th. Anyone else not able to link their OWP? I'm hoping its just a delay issue due to Covid and not some other issue.
I also was wondering if I sent in the right papers for it. I sent in the OWP, OWP checklist, copy of; receipt, Visitor Record, Marriage License, Passport and pages, 2 photos signed from a photographer. Was there anything else I should've sent with it?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I haven't been able to link my OWP, I contacted them and they said they haven't even opened it yet. Simaa yours was Jan 24th? Mine was Jan 27th. Anyone else not able to link their OWP? I'm hoping its just a delay issue due to Covid and not some other issue.
I also was wondering if I sent in the right papers for it. I sent in the OWP, OWP checklist, copy of; receipt, Visitor Record, Marriage License, Passport and pages, 2 photos signed from a photographer. Was there anything else I should've sent with it?
What did you ask them? If they said they haven't even opened your sponsorship application, it mean they haven't sent you AOR? How can I check if my application has been received?
I suppose they told you they haven’t started processing your OWP application.

Last edited:

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
What did you ask them? If they said they haven't even opened your sponsorship application, it mean they haven't sent you AOR? How can I check if my application has been received?
I suppose they told you they haven’t started processing your OWP application.
I recieved AOR March 14th, but I tried linking my OWP a week later like most people and couldnt. So I tried a month later still couldnt. I sent 3 web forms before they finally said they havent even opened my OWP yet. I wanted to see if anyone else had that problem. Have you received an email or letter in the mail saying they received your application for permanent residency? If you have, then they do have your application. Do you or your spouse have a UCI number you put down on your application?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I recieved AOR March 14th, but I tried linking my OWP a week later like most people and couldnt. So I tried a month later still couldnt. I sent 3 web forms before they finally said they havent even opened my OWP yet. I wanted to see if anyone else had that problem. Have you received an email or letter in the mail saying they received your application for permanent residency? If you have, then they do have your application. Do you or your spouse have a UCI number you put down on your application?
As they said in this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=028&top=4 . They begin to process your application, they’ll send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number. OWP is separated with your app, they may not process your OWP yet. IRCC Client Support Centre resumes calls https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/csc-resumes-calls.html'

How to link your OWP to CIC account
Hi,

Please chose Temporary Residence -> Work Permit and Extension and then input your details.

Other fields that you might want to keep an eye:

What type of work permit are you applying for? "
Open (initial application or extension)"

Which situation applies to the applicant: "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada."

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vaishnav

Last edited:

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
As they said in this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=028&top=4 . They begin to process your application, they’ll send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number. OWP is separated with your app, they may not process your OWP yet. IRCC Client Support Centre resumes calls https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/csc-resumes-calls.html'

How to link my OWP to my CIC account
I'm sorry I can't understand if you're trying to ask me how to link it or trying to tell me how to link it. I understand the OWP is separate, my main concern was if anyone else was having a problem linking who's application date was end of January to see if they're having the same problem. As of now it's looking like OWP for January wont be getting approved until mid- June, so if I don't receive an email or able to link by then, I'll contact them.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm sorry I can't understand if you're trying to ask me how to link it or trying to tell me how to link it. I understand the OWP is separate, my main concern was if anyone else was having a problem linking who's application date was end of January to see if they're having the same problem. As of now it's looking like OWP for January wont be getting approved until mid- June, so if I don't receive an email or able to link by then, I'll contact them.
I suppose that they haven't process your OWP rather than haven't opened your app.

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Yeah, mine was Jan 24th. I've been trying every day since I sent it out. I don't think they created or started my OWP account yet. I tried every single match for linking it. I think ill give up for now till next week see what's gonna happen :(
My PR progress is 28%

Reactions: b4evergrace

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Yeah, mine was Jan 24th. I've been trying every day since I sent it out. I don't think they created or started my OWP account yet. I tried every single match for linking it. I think ill give up for now till next week see what's gonna happen :(
My PR progress is 28%
Ya I think they're behind that's why we havent had ours linked. It's looking like the end of June for our approvals.

maria009

Aug 13, 2018
I think you must pass a medical before you get owp. As everyone knows med exams are not being done

mbasit123

Mar 3, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01/14/2020
AOR Received.
03/05/2020
Is it just me or are you guys not able to view the percentage on the application anymore?