+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
Hi Guys, we submitted our application on Jan 27 2020, Inland PR + OWP, and today while just browsing through the filled forms we submitted, I realised we made a major mix-up - Instead of saying given and family name separately; we mentioned it together in both the fields across all the forms. What do you guys think? Will this result a return of the application package?

Mar 21, 2019
So I got AOR about a week ago and yesterday evening received a notice in the mail stating that my OWP was denied due to insufficient payment. (I paid the later half of the fee once I realized but they told me that I didn't have a case number so they couldn't tie it to my application). What do I do now? The OWP is very important to get ASAP. Do I need to print out my receipts again and mail the OWP back? Can I do it online?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So I got AOR about a week ago and yesterday evening received a notice in the mail stating that my OWP was denied due to insufficient payment. (I paid the later half of the fee once I realized but they told me that I didn't have a case number so they couldn't tie it to my application). What do I do now? The OWP is very important to get ASAP. Do I need to print out my receipts again and mail the OWP back? Can I do it online?
Unfortunately you can't do it online unless you're near the very end of the PR process.

You can print everything out again and send it in again, though I'm not sure whether you send it to the normal OWP office (Edmonton) or Mississauga. You should note that the processing time is now looking to be 4+ months.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
PR Application Status: In Process

Is there anything else to do or know?
waiting for Medical?
It looks like they're currently going over our background checks, than would be OWP if you applied for that, than Medical. From what i've seen of October-November.

jiri

Mar 14, 2020
Hi everyone!!! First I wanna wish you good luck!!!!

My app was recieved 7th February. Still waiting for AOR.
My recent visitor visa will be finish at 31st March.
My question is: Do I need extend my visitor visa? Or have I automaticly implied status => I dont have to do enything?
Thank you for your reply.

Jiri

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi everyone!!! First I wanna wish you good luck!!!!

My app was recieved 7th February. Still waiting for AOR.
My recent visitor visa will be finish at 31st March.
My question is: Do I need extend my visitor visa? Or have I automaticly implied status => I dont have to do enything?
Thank you for your reply.

Jiri
Howdy, you only have implied status if you sent an OWP with your Perm Residency app. If you did not, than you do not have implied status. You will need to apply for another visitor visa

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Yes. I sent OWP as well. So then I should be OK. Thank you very much for reply b4evergrace
Yes, it will give you implied status, but that is only if you have AOR. Which means your application has been accepted and all the paperwork is there. Since you applied in Feb, you won't see AOR til at least next month. I would apply to extend your visitor visa just to be safe.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, it will give you implied status, but that is only if you have AOR. Which means your application has been accepted and all the paperwork is there. Since you applied in Feb, you won't see AOR til at least next month. I would apply to extend your visitor visa just to be safe.
AOR is for the PR application, not the OWP. Even if you have AOR for the PR application it is still possible for the OWP to be refused due to missing fees, documents, etc. Extend until you have the OWP.