23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Lol i realized after
This is the inland thread. Your signature says you applied outland.
lol I realized after. Late at night. haha

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
My friend reported AOR today - Mar 04, 2020
App Rcvd - Jan 09, 2020 -
XL - Column (13) - Name : Kawal

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
HI everyone, I got our AOR last Feb 29, just wondering what's next to wait. Is it the OWP?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
HI everyone, I got our AOR last Feb 29, just wondering what's next to wait. Is it the OWP?
Lots of waiting to come! You don't get an AOR for the OWP. You can try to link it to your GCKey account. Medicals is typically next, but OWP can happen earlier.

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
Lots of waiting to come! You don't get an AOR for the OWP. You can try to link it to your GCKey account. Medicals is typically next, but OWP can happen earlier.
Thats great! Either way, hope we get an update the sooner.

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
I have some questions regarding the linking process. I've been doing some searches and read the XL instructions. I've even asked some stuff in the WhatsApp channel. Some of the details are conflicting and hey, maybe I'm just confused.

Note that I'm the sponsor and my partner is the PA. She has a GCKey account. I do not have one. She has an existing UCI for a previous visitation extension application linked in her GCKey account

I received an AOR email yesterday stating:

Dear Me :),

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/01/08 on behalf of the following member(s): (my parnter)

On the ECAS site I can see the status showing me and my sponsorship application and my partner and her PR application status.

My section says:
  1. We received your application to sponsor (partner) on January 8, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2020.
Her section says:
1. We received (partners) application for permanent residence on January 8, 2020.

My questions:
1) Do I need my own GCKey account as a sponsor or can we link everything to her existing account
2) Do I use my UCI for anything during the linking process?
3) Should she not have received an email as well (we provided one in the application) confirming the receipt of her PR application
4) Any thoughts on why ECAS doesn't state she was sent correspondence like mine did?

We've tried linking her application in GCKey a number of times using combinations of common-law, single, 1 applicant, 2 applicants, her UCI, my UCI etc. It just doesn't seem to be there still.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. No, you can link it to her GCKey account. You can't link it to both accounts.

2. No.

3. No, the AOR typically only goes to the sponsor (unless you manage to link the application in the few hours before it being linkable and the AOR being emailed, in which case it will go to the email address of the GCKey you linked the application to.

4. Because only the sponsor is sent AOR - which is the correspondance.

As for the lack of success in linking, you may need to call IRCC. Sometimes multiple surnames (such as Spanish/Latin style surnames) get truncated/combined/something funny happens, though using application number and UCI should have eliminated that issue.

seetom

Mar 4, 2020
Hi all--we recently submitted our application via an immigration consultant. We got married after a year we started dating. He was separated for a year with his ex wife and then finally got divorce in May and we got married in September.

My husband is currently out of status but he is from Venezuela so he cannot be deported right now. We also applied for the open work permit with the application. The immigration consultant advised us that the open work permit might be a bit of a 50/50 as he is out of status but the sponsorship application seems solid. I'm wondering in your opinion how feasible it is for us to get the OWP. I know the government has some special considerations on Venezuelan nationals but not sure if it goes as far as giving him an open work permit despite being out of status.

thanks very much!