+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

dpap

Jun 11, 2019
Our app was received on Jan 8, 2020
Just checked ECAS today and it's showing In Process now. :)

Still waiting for the official AoR notice.
Hi @Gritten, Awesome. Official AoR will be coming soon.. Quick question - When checking status on ECAS, did you use payment receipt number?

Thanks

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
I guess one more update:
Application Received: Jan 8, 2020
Official AoR received (email): Mar 3, 2020
ECAS Status In Process: Mar 3, 2020

Good luck everyone. Round 2 of waiting begins

mbasit123

Mar 3, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01/14/2020
AOR Received.
03/05/2020
Hi guys, congrats to everyone who got their AOR. My app was recieved on 01/14/19. I just have a quick question. On the IMM 5406 Additional Family member info, was my husband (sponser) supposed to fill out the form as well? We do not have any dependants, but I wanted to know if we both needed to fill it out. I am the primary applicant on the account.

Also, if I missed the birthdate for my father and sister they will most likely send it back correct? If they do send it back that that mean my time starts all over again? Or once they receive the updated copy my time will resume again? I also saw that someones app was sent back because they did not add USA on the form 5406. So I am just a little paranoid.

Thank you for all your help!!

Last edited:

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
The sponsor does not complete 5406. This is outlined in the complete guide / instructions

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
View form IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)
Who needs to fill out this form?
This form must be filled out and signed by:
  • The principal applicant,
  • All dependent children aged 18 or over (whether coming with you to Canada or not).
  • Note: if your dependent child is the principal applicant on a sponsorship application, you should complete this form on their behalf regardless of their age.
If you forgot the birth dates of those two individuals, I can only assume they would send it back to be corrected, but I'm not sure how strict IRCC is regarding those fields. I assume the applicant that had mentioned getting their application back regarding missing the USA address is important as this family form outlines potential people that could be sponsored in the future (based on a reading I found).

If you do receive the application back for any corrections, unfortunately the clock starts over completely when you send it back. So your starting point would be the new received date by IRCC and you would need to wait for AOR.

I don't know what stage of the process is consider safe for not having your application returned for missing information, or if there even is one.

mbasit123

Mar 3, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01/14/2020
AOR Received.
03/05/2020
The sponsor does not complete 5406. This is outlined in the complete guide / instructions

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
View form IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)
Who needs to fill out this form?
This form must be filled out and signed by:
  • The principal applicant,
  • All dependent children aged 18 or over (whether coming with you to Canada or not).
  • Note: if your dependent child is the principal applicant on a sponsorship application, you should complete this form on their behalf regardless of their age.
If you forgot the birth dates of those two individuals, I can only assume they would send it back to be corrected, but I'm not sure how strict IRCC is regarding those fields. I assume the applicant that had mentioned getting their application back regarding missing the USA address is important as this family form outlines potential people that could be sponsored in the future (based on a reading I found).

If you do receive the application back for any corrections, unfortunately the clock starts over completely when you send it back. So your starting point would be the new received date by IRCC and you would need to wait for AOR.

I don't know what stage of the process is consider safe for not having your application returned for missing information, or if there even is one.
Thanks for your help! I called IRCC as well and they told me that if there is alot of information missing form the application they will send the entire application back and your time will start over again, but if only one or two things are missing then they will notify you and you will just need to send that info back to them and your time will not reset.

Reactions: Mickey9

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
That's good info to know! I know I've been paranoid off and on about forgetting something minor along the way and having things returned or worse, denied.. (I'm sure we're not the only one's). Glad to hear IRCC had a decent response.

Reactions: mbasit123

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your help! I called IRCC as well and they told me that if there is alot of information missing form the application they will send the entire application back and your time will start over again, but if only one or two things are missing then they will notify you and you will just need to send that info back to them and your time will not reset.
This is the way it should be but it isn't always; someone had their app returned recently because of a mother's missing postal code.

Fingers crossed you'll just get asked to supply an updated version of the form.

mbasit123

Mar 3, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01/14/2020
AOR Received.
03/05/2020
This is the way it should be but it isn't always; someone had their app returned recently because of a mother's missing postal code.

Fingers crossed you'll just get asked to supply an updated version of the form.
I am hoping this happens. It would suck to have to do the waiting process all over again.

Mar 21, 2019
Hi! Your status doesn’t matter once you have applied for spousal application the day you apply the file you are fine (If the applicant meets all other requirements of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, their requirements for status and the inadmissibility related to the lack of status is waived by this public policy under A25)
omg thank you.

zephyr785

May 2, 2018
So glad to see this thread! I've been feeling anxious about our application.

Application received: Jan. 22
AOR: Still waiting

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I didn't know so many people were waiting for AOR still. I guess I shouldn't feel bad about not getting SA As yet. I'm so glad to see Sushi82 finally got AOR1 I've been checking everyday like it was me. Let's all hope for positive news onwards. Blessings to you all

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I didn't know so many people were waiting for AOR still. I guess I shouldn't feel bad about not getting SA As yet. I'm so glad to see Sushi82 finally got AOR1 I've been checking everyday like it was me. Let's all hope for positive news onwards. Blessings to you all
This is the inland thread. Your signature says you applied outland.