+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
This may help...
If your application stuck at a certain level, you may want to request ATIP note online. People saying it helps to get the application noted and move forward. It worked for me as well and I got DM after 2weeks of ordering and was waiting 5months from test. My advise: order it every 2 months. It is just $5

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
This may help...
If your application stuck at a certain level, you may want to request ATIP note online. People saying it helps to get the application noted and move forward. It worked for me as well and I got DM after 2weeks of ordering and was waiting 5months from test. My advise: order it every 2 months. It is just $5
This is very helpful tip! I'll do it! Thanks!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
This may help...
It's free if you order it under Privacy Act

Reactions: Hapique

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hi Guys,

Update on my application..

Oath taking status is now complete dated October 5, 2021
Oath taking date is on October 16, 2021.

Application Received January 21, 2020.

My question is, Since we are a couple whose going to take oath and we have different seat number on the zoom,
Do we need to have seperate computer? log in on different computer on line?

Thank you to all of you here for the help in this specific forum, January 2020 Applicants.

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a similar timeline as me and is still waiting? Seem like most people on here did their oath ceremony already.

My physical presence has been pending for a long time, i'm getting worried, it says on their website that oath ceremony will be within 3 months of passing test but I haven't gotten an email yet.

Here is my timeline:
Processing office: Scarborough
Physical Presence: 1,124
Application: Single
Application Sent: Jan 3, 2020
AOR: March 3, 2020
In Process: September 2020
1st Test Invite (missed the first test, didn't get an email notification): April 16 - May 6
2nd Test Invite: June 25 - July 15
Took Test: June 29 - 17/20
Test Updated as passed: June 30
Aug 26: Prohibitions, Background and Language changed to Completed
Physical presence: in progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started

Thanks!

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
where does it say oath is 3 mths from passing test ?
test was completed in February . = 8 mths
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
Due to COVID-19, we
In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
If your application is non-routine, we may ask you to go to a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, even after you pass the test. We'll send you a letter after the hearing to let you know:
  • what the officer or judge decided
  • the date of your ceremony (if your application was approved)

nate1074

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
Due to COVID-19, we
In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
If your application is non-routine, we may ask you to go to a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, even after you pass the test. We'll send you a letter after the hearing to let you know:
  • what the officer or judge decided
  • the date of your ceremony (if your application was approved)
thanks , but that's a straight out blatant lie .
i was told back in July 22nd , that due to covid there was no time line , and that i was well under the time frame for DM ,
Since then my tracker has not done a thing .
kiki123 i hope and wish for your sake that you get an answer soon .
have a great weekend and happy thanksgiving

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
This may help...
It is worth doing this ? If your application is DM aug 2021 and just waiting for oath? Passed test in March 2021. Jan 2020 applicant. I am worried that my background may go back to in process after the one year mark comes back around

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Please update...
Oath completed on Oct 05th
Application closed/completed on tracker: Oct 06th
Please update:
Received the certificate today on Oct 08th

Long journey finally finished.
Oath was done on Oct 05th,
Requested urgent processing and they asked for proof document. I asked because of relocation to the USA and sent a letter from my employer.

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
thanks , but that's a straight out blatant lie .
i was told back in July 22nd , that due to covid there was no time line , and that i was well under the time frame for DM ,
Since then my tracker has not done a thing .
kiki123 i hope and wish for your sake that you get an answer soon .
have a great weekend and happy thanksgiving
Thanks nate1074! I hope you get yours soon too.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too :)

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Please update:
Received the certificate today on Oct 08th

Long journey finally finished.
Oath was done on Oct 05th,
Requested urgent processing and they asked for proof document. I asked because of relocation to the USA and sent a letter from my employer.
Do you know what's considered proof of document for urgent processing? e.g. will a international air ticket bought for 10 days after oath ceremony be considered a valid proof?

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Any luck?

i have oath tomorrow and I am going to ask for urgent processing since i have travel plans. Not sure if I should ask for it or just get oath date moved. I’ll have 30 days after the oath before i fly out
Did you try asking? and was travel plans accepted as a valid reason?

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Do you know what's considered proof of document for urgent processing? e.g. will a international air ticket bought for 10 days after oath ceremony be considered a valid proof?
As far as I know This is not emergency. They mention it every where that do NOT make travel plans before getting passports. Urgent process reasons are the same as what is on The IRCC website already just google it.
It also depends on the reason for travel. If you have critically ill immediate family member who you need to be with, then that is emergency I believe. You need doctor notes and docs, then you should be good