+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Family received their citizenship certificates 1 week after the ceremony ( 21 -> 29). Application status: Closed.
All the best to you guys all (myself -In Process - included).

Thanks to all your inputs and updates.
What were your oath and residence cities?

i requested urgent processing of oath certificate through the email as i have flight booked 30days after the oath ceremony and got a response your request has been denined. I mean FFS IRCC! Btw I mentioned my reason for travel, its genuine enough and Oath-Residence both are in same city. I offered to even pick up instead of mail cz Canada Post is another gem in itself.

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I had my oath for Citizenship on Wednesday and it went well. I also emailed them my Confirmation of Oath document same time. I checked my tracker and it still says Oath In Process. Does anyone know by when it will be updated?

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Please help..
Anyone from Scarborough office got the oath instruction email. What is the email address on the letter if you need to reschedule your oath?
I need that email for Scarborough.
its the same email that send you the invitation , if u read it in the same email says ' If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at.... ' just open your invitation email and read it please

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I had my oath for Citizenship on Wednesday and it went well. I also emailed them my Confirmation of Oath document same time. I checked my tracker and it still says Oath In Process. Does anyone know by when it will be updated?
Your application should be closed anytime between next day to two weeks and your cert will be printed once closed.

Reactions: edwsqa

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Anyone from Scarborough office who had an oath recently and received citizenship certificate. I had requested for faster processing for Citizenship certificate and was told 1 week. Haven't received yet. So wondering, if anyone got in 1 week ?

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Anyone from Scarborough office who had an oath recently and received citizenship certificate. I had requested for faster processing for Citizenship certificate and was told 1 week. Haven't received yet. So wondering, if anyone got in 1 week ?
I am still waiting. Calgary office- Oath completed Sep 01.

Reactions: ajit90

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
What was your oath date?

Kalaideng

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
01/10/2013
File Transfer...
01/11/2013
Med's Request
26/09/2015
Med's Done....
03/10/2015
Interview........
Ohh u got to be kidding me!!!
Great. I have changed it in the spreadsheet.

Looks like the oath ceremonies are being expedited.
On the contrary, my status changed from Oath in progress to Not started last Friday. Maybe this has to do with the surge in Covid cases in Alberta.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Question members- Any idea how to citizenship certificate gets processed after the oath ceremony. My oath date was Sept 01 and the application status changed to completed after a few days. Called up IRCC yesterday on the status of the certificate and was told that the certificate was mailed out on Sep 16 via Canada Post. Any idea why Canada post post would take so long to deliver the certificate? Is there some sort of lag in the process where the certificate is actually issued by the local office. Just trying to figure this out as i have a situation where i might need to travel soon, thus the urgency. Any feedback is appreciated.

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Question members- Any idea how to citizenship certificate gets processed after the oath ceremony. My oath date was Sept 01 and the application status changed to completed after a few days. Called up IRCC yesterday on the status of the certificate and was told that the certificate was mailed out on Sep 16 via Canada Post. Any idea why Canada post post would take so long to deliver the certificate? Is there some sort of lag in the process where the certificate is actually issued by the local office. Just trying to figure this out as i have a situation where i might need to travel soon, thus the urgency. Any feedback is appreciated.
u still need the passport to travel and the waiting times are huge on those

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Canada post was taking forever on deliveries during election season due to mail in vote volume. One of my mail took 15 days affer being posted within city.