+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Neoca

Jul 18, 2018
In the citizenship test invite email I see they have written: "You can complete the online citizenship test even if you are not currently in Canada. However, you must inform IRCC that you are abroad before taking the test. You will also need to notify IRCC upon your return to Canada" I have mailed them back letting them know that I am outside canada and would like to still take the test - my question is do I have wait for them to get back to me or since I have informed them I can go ahead and take the test now? Thank you all :)
I think you have to wait their respond. Look at the last sentence

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact this office immediately by email within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test. We will contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Guys does someone know whats the best way to contact to ask for citizenship certificate that didn't arrive , is it normal taking more than 3 weeks considering that the office is in the same city?

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Guys does someone know whats the best way to contact to ask for citizenship certificate that didn't arrive , is it normal taking more than 3 weeks considering that the office is in the same city?
Send an email to address you received your notice of oath appearance. Did you ask for urgent processing on oath day by any chance?

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Which city do you reside? Or what is your address on the application?

That determines the office which processes your application.
We live in Sudbury, Ontario. I think applications go to offices in the Toronto area.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
UPDATE: Oath invite received on 27 Sep 2021. Oath ceremony scheduled on 12 Oct 2021.
Congratulations! Even though we had almost identical application send dates, AOR, in-progress but different visa office. Not sure when I will get that notice for oath - but hey after almost 20 months at least got to the test invite :)

Keep us posted how the oath ceremony went. All the best!

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Got DM on Sep 27th. Everything completed on Sep 27th. Waiting for oath Ceremony...

Do you know the wait time until ceremony?

Application received Jan 20th 2020
AOR Jul 2020
In process Sep 2020
Background completed Feb 2021
Test done April 2021
Everything completed Sep 27 2021

Reactions: Mrsweets and Svet81

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Congratulations! Even though we had almost identical application send dates, AOR, in-progress but different visa office. Not sure when I will get that notice for oath - but hey after almost 20 months at least got to the test invite :)

Thanks!! I noticed they recently speed up a little bit after a months-long pause... But this depends on the office for sure, each office is very different... I really hope you can get this process done soon! I will keep you updated! :)

dam_922

Jul 21, 2021

Hi ,

I got the Oath date as Oct 14 but didn't get the email yet? Should I call them? or how long will it take to get the email?

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
For everyone,
I guess some of you already know it, but worth mentioning. Background verification is only valid for a year from creation date - for my case it was created initially on Jul 2020, and completed on Sep 2020, and was valid until Jul 2021). You will see it as a due date on ATIP notes for some tasks. So, about 1-2 months before the expiry date, they stop working on other things, and will send your file again for background verification which is out of IRCC hands and this cycle continues each year (apparently your background verification should be valid when you are taking the oath as the last step). I got a ghost update on Sep 17 on my file and when I called them, they told me that my background verification is completed for the second time (which was shown as completed before). After that things started moving a week after. You can slowly learn from ATIP notes, and this was my personal experience and not a professional opinion or comment.

dam_922

Jul 21, 2021
Hi Everyone ,

Can somebody please help me? I got the Oath date as Oct 14 but didn't get the email yet? Should I call them or how long will it take to get the email?

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Send an email to address you received your notice of oath appearance. Did you ask for urgent processing on oath day by any chance?
No not urgent , its just starting to piss me waiting 2 years the process now they cant send the certificate witch is one paper ? from the same city i am located , so i can start the passport process that gonna take another good 3 months or so...

Reactions: Svet81

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Anyone here who took the test from outside of Canada how long does IRCC take to respond to the email? I sent them an email letting them know that I would like to take the test from outside of Canada. thanks