+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Yes, I'm positive my initial email went through...attachment was only 2MB in size. I also got that auto-message reply email as well, so, I know for certain they got it..
In my case I got test invite from Vancouver office email address and after 1 month Ingot request to submit my scanned color copies of Passport from same email address. 20 days later Language, Probations and Physical Presence turned green. I think in your case they might have missed your email or it got lost in there system. For submitting documents I think they should follow a process to upload documents somewhere rather than just email.

Reactions: abhinavsharma

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A couple of questions for anyone who took oath recently :
1. How much time it took to receive citizenship certificate after oath ? I know they mentioned In oath letter that we can request it to be sent sooner than 2-4 weeks .
2. Is it ok to print black and white for oath form and sign ?
1. Can take anywhere between a week and 4 weeks. If you have a valid reason as to why you need it sooner, you should request the clerk at the ceremony.

2. Should be fine AFAIK.

Reactions: ajit90

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Yes, I'm positive my initial email went through...attachment was only 2MB in size. I also got that auto-message reply email as well, so, I know for certain they got it..
I also received the automated reply after few seconds and that included that "If you are providing requested documents, we will not provide you with a confirmation of receipt. We will contact you only if we require additional information."

Reactions: abhinavsharma

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Does anyone know the email address for the IRCC Vancouver please? we need to send our passport scans but the email they gave us is not the right one, we have not heard back in 20 days since we sent it. Thank you!!
Did you got auto reply from the email when you send the passport scan ? Thats the only confirmation kind of thing you will get when you send them passport scans.

Reactions: sharafashraf

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Did you got auto reply from the email when you send the passport scan ? Thats the only confirmation kind of thing you will get when you send them passport scans.
No I did not, the email address we sent it to was: IRCC.DNCitWPGScheduling-ConvocationWPGCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
But this was the return address for testing request email (the testing invitation and passport scan request pdf was in the same email)

Do you happen to have the email of the Vancouver office you sent the scans to please?

Last edited:

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Do we need to update IRCC with birth of child? Our first child was born in Canada last year. we have not informed them. how do we inform them if we have to? let me know if anyone of you have done this.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to update IRCC with birth of child? Our first child was born in Canada last year. we have not informed them. how do we inform them if we have to? let me know if anyone of you have done this.
If I'm wrong, can someone please correct me, but I don't think you need to as their birth won't affect your application.

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Got a FAKE update on Friday...
So it shows that my file was updated on Friday Sep 17th, but no updates. I hope it is a good sign.

Sent Jan 20th
AOR July 2020
Background completed Feb 2021
Test done April 20th
And no update after that

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I had received the passport copies request in Vancouver from a similar email address DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca. Same had happened with my wife and we both responded to same email 6 weeks ago. Our status in ecas converted to DM 3 weeks ago. So, it's weird that you are told to re-send to a different email. anyways, it's a step on the way. I had lost 3 weeks earlier because my physical presence status had been completed and then had flipped back to +in progress". A week later I received the passport request.
So, make sure that you received an auto response from the received email.
Please don't be upset from such things. You are not far away from being a Canadian citizen. Good luck.
Same thing is happening to us right now, do you mind sharing the email address for the Vancouver office that you sent the scans to please? or is it the one you mention above? DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca.?

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi
Can anyone please help / advise how do I scan passport pages below 5MB size and attached. Step by step guidance will be highly obliged.

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
So, what is the deal with ghost updates?
Is it a good sign, or not important?
How long after that should I expect to see a real update?