January 2020 - citizenship application

jjpatel

Nov 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
Sharing my application. Please add to the sheet. Office: Mississauga

January 22, 2020 - Application Submitted

August, 2020 - AOR

October, 2020 - In Process

November, 2020 - Fingerprints request received.

November, 2020 - Fingerprints Submitted

May 6, 2021 - Citizenship test done

May 16, 2021 : Citizenship test marked as completed

June 5, 2021 : Request for passport copies and interview request

June 22, 2021: Interview cancelled

July 7, 2021 : Language, Probations, Background and Physical Presence marked as completed. Oath pending.

September 17, 2021: DM in ECAS. Update in citizenship tracker showing September 17 (no oath yet)

Fingers crossed for the oath ceremony soon.

Reactions: sknk89

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Can you take the oath in a Canadian embassy over seas..... Legally these are Canadian soil? Just said I'd throw it out there.
Embassies and Consulates do not constitute separate territory or "foreign soil". Certain diplomatic provisions and niceties are set out in the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (UN, Treat Series, vol500 p. 95) but the granting of territorial jurisdiction is not among them.

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Hello everyone,
I got letter today to submit my i94 records. I did travel on daily basis to USA for work. I can only see last 100 i94 entries on the website and probably need to apply for FOIA.

Just wanted to check if anyone have similar experience and can share some insight.

Thank you everyone for creating this awesome community and helping each other!

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
This is absolutely infuriating.....
Just a heads up in case this occurs to you, to avoid being in my situation....

On Sept 17 (yesterday), I received an email from cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca with a Final Request Letter stating I did not submit the Passport Scan to them.

Here is the infuriating part.

I DID send them the passport scan but I was requested passport scan from a different e-mail, which was dncitsrytests@cic.gc.ca on July 22. They requested passport scan at the exact same moment they invited me for the test, so, they used the other email.
I already submitted the Scanned Passport pages back on July 28th by replying to that email.

The original passport request email did not specify that I have to email it to cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca. All it said was "by replying to this e-mail"
So on July 28th, I replied back to dncitsrytests@cic.gc.ca (because there was no one else to respond to) with the passport scan attachment.

I replied back to yesterday's warning email with the passport scan.

WARNING: If you receive a passport scan request from the "CIC Tests" email, be careful and phone IRCC right away to ask for the non-test department e-mail (because it's not mentioned on the request letter itself...it just says 'reply back to this email').....in my case, the non-test department email was cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca from whom I received the final warning letter yesterday.

I replied back to that e-mail yesterday with the passport scan.

Since July 28th, all this time I thought I was in queue for oath invitation but I could be waiting another couple of months since they didn't even receive my passport scan this whole time!

All thanks to my file being grossly mishandled at the hands of a breathtakingly inept agent at the CIC.

Just heads up for all those waiting for a test invite in case this also happens to you.

• Wow
Reactions: abrakadabra

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

On Sept 17 (yesterday), I received an email from cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca with a Final Request Letter stating I did not submit the Passport Scan to them.

I DID send them the passport scan but I was requested passport scan from a different e-mail, which was dncitsrytests@cic.gc.ca on July 22. They requested passport scan at the exact same moment they invited me for the test, so, they used the other email.
I already submitted the Scanned Passport pages back on July 28th by replying to that email.

The original passport request email did not specify that I have to email it to cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca. All it said was "by replying to this e-mail"
So on July 28th, I replied back to dncitsrytests@cic.gc.ca (because there was no one else to respond to) with the passport scan attachment.

WARNING: If you receive a passport scan request from the "CIC Tests" email, be careful and phone IRCC right away to ask for the non-test department e-mail (because it's not mentioned on the request letter itself...it just says 'reply back to this email').....in my case, the non-test department email was cic-surrey@cic.gc.ca from whom I received the final warning letter yesterday.

Since July 28th, all this time I thought I was in queue for oath invitation but I could be waiting another couple of months since they didn't even receive my passport scan this whole time!

All thanks to my file being grossly mishandled at the hands of a breathtakingly inept agent at the CIC.

Just heads up for all those waiting for a test invite in case this also happens to you.
This sucks. I'm sorry. About 2 months wasted through no fault of your own...

Reactions: abhinavsharma

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015

This is exactly the same case for me. I also sent my PP scans to the email ID I received my test email from. However, I haven't received any other email after that but this scares me now. Are you sure your email was delivered and the attachments were below 5MB in size? Just trying to see if there is any other issue other than the email address.

Reactions: abhinavsharma

sharafashraf

Jun 6, 2021
This is exactly the same case for me. I also sent my PP scans to the email ID I received my test email from. However, I haven't received any other email after that but this scares me now. Are you sure your email was delivered and the attachments were below 5MB in size? Just trying to see if there is any other issue other than the email address.
I had received the passport copies request in Vancouver from a similar email address DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca. Same had happened with my wife and we both responded to same email 6 weeks ago. Our status in ecas converted to DM 3 weeks ago. So, it's weird that you are told to re-send to a different email. anyways, it's a step on the way. I had lost 3 weeks earlier because my physical presence status had been completed and then had flipped back to +in progress". A week later I received the passport request.
So, make sure that you received an auto response from the received email.
Please don't be upset from such things. You are not far away from being a Canadian citizen. Good luck.

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
Yes, I'm positive my initial email went through...attachment was only 2MB in size. I also got that auto-message reply email as well, so, I know for certain they got it..

Last edited:
Reactions: keypad

abhinavsharma

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
I had received the passport copies request in Vancouver from a similar email address DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca. Same had happened with my wife and we both responded to same email 6 weeks ago. Our status in ecas converted to DM 3 weeks ago. So, it's weird that you are told to re-send to a different email. anyways, it's a step on the way. I had lost 3 weeks earlier because my physical presence status had been completed and then had flipped back to +in progress". A week later I received the passport request.
So, make sure that you received an auto response from the received email.
Please don't be upset from such things. You are not far away from being a Canadian citizen. Good luck.
You're lucky! I'm glad it didn't happen to you. Looks like an agent handing the "CIC Tests" email for Vancouver (i.e. in your case) just forwarded it to the right department from their side..

It's just a bureaucratic thorn stinging me up the you know what

But in any case, I've responded to their yesterday's email.

All the very best with you too, you're also almost there to becoming a citizen! Good luck!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hi Guys,

When I received an email with attached document regarding the citizenship exam instructions and I’ve seen the cic email address here in my province as the local office in case you need some changes you can send them email right away.

I have a question, Is that ok to send an email to cic local office here in my province to follow up the status of my oath taking schedule?
I don’t know how to follow up now.

Thanks in advance.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

When I received an email with attached document regarding the citizenship exam instructions and I’ve seen the cic email address here in my province as the local office in case you need some changes you can send them email right away.

I have a question, Is that ok to send an email to cic local office here in my province to follow up the status of my oath taking schedule?
I don’t know how to follow up now.

Thanks in advance.
Someone did that recently, and they were told not use this email for anything else than test related inquiries.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello guys,

What is the average time for receiving the citizenship certificate after completing the oath. During ceremony, I was told 4-6 weeks. I was wondering if we, on this forum, are keeping track of that time as well? Thanks

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
A couple of questions for anyone who took oath recently :
1. How much time it took to receive citizenship certificate after oath ? I know they mentioned In oath letter that we can request it to be sent sooner than 2-4 weeks .
2. Is it ok to print black and white for oath form and sign ?