+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
I believe so. I had the say reply when my oath invite didn't come in until late. Best bet is to call tomorrow 8 am sharp.
how many days before the oat the invitation should arrive? and if it dont arrive what the best time to call them how many days before the oath?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how many days before the oat the invitation should arrive? and if it dont arrive what the best time to call them how many days before the oath?
They told me to call them if the oath is in 2 days and haven’t received anything yet.

Reactions: Elchavodel8

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
You’ll probably receive it this week. I did my oath on August 17th and emailed my oath form to my processing officer right after my ceremony but I just got it today.
I’m a bit annoyed that it’s enclosed in a thin brown envelope so when I received it, I saw the envelope crumpled and of course my certificate was crumpled as well.
Thanks for replying .Fingers Crossed. Means almost 9 to 10 business days for delivery of certificate by mail.Hope you will not mind me asking which office Is your file, Mine is with Mississauga Office (Ontario).

Pudoo

Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys, I just received an update : We’ve scheduled you for an interview with our official on September 14, 2021.
i have not yet received an email about this update.
anyone have any idea or experience of this interview?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

islammazen

Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys, I just received an update : We’ve scheduled you for an interview with our official on September 14, 2021.
i have not yet received an email about this update.
anyone have any idea or experience of this interview?
Did you get this update on the tracker or ECAS?When was your exam?

islammazen

Jul 29, 2021
I got it on the tracker, I did my test in mid July and they have already asked me to send them copies of my passport 2 weeks ago which I already did.
I did mine sice 25th of May and still nothing..... Hope some of the members can assist you with what is needed in the interview.... Good luck

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
Thanks for replying .Fingers Crossed. Means almost 9 to 10 business days for delivery of certificate by mail.Hope you will not mind me asking which office Is your file, Mine is with Mississauga Office (Ontario).
Mine’s also Mississauga Office.
Hope you’ll get yours soon!

Jon Snow 2020

Feb 11, 2020
can you explain how you did the oath how long it takes if theres small interview before? and if its easy to follow my english kinda sucks so i want to prepare mentally to what to do there when time arrive
Sorry for the late response. I am not used to logging into this forum.

Oath is important, but also an official process and meeting last requirements for citizenship (like taking oath, cutting up the PR card, signing the oath form infront of them mainly). People have uploaded their oath on YouTube and the process is pretty much similar to that.

The officials will guide you. It is not an English test or interview. Feel free to ask them to repeat if you didn't understand something. It may not be polite to say that they are working for you, but they are there to help you through the process and get things done.

Good luck!

Reactions: Elchavodel8

newww

Aug 18, 2020
Hello Admin,

Could you please update the spreadsheet? Today, I received my online citizenship test invite. Time frame: September 3 - 23.
Aside from Discover Canada, are there any good practice test resources?

Thank you!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hello Guys,
Need an urgent piece of advice.
Just completed my oath ceremony and the officer told me unless I don't receive my citizenship certificate and passport I should not leave the country.
I am working in the States and I did not expect this curveball since I was planning to leave the country within the next couple of days.
Also I am not aware that while leaving Canada the Border security asks for any proof of status in Canada or even places an exit stamp.

Should I wait for getting everything (certificate + passport) and then exit the country or can I just leave the country and get the citizenship certificate mailed to me?

I was specifically told by the officer to be in Canada to receive the Certificate and passport.

Any suggestions what I need to do?