+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone have idea how long it takes to get Citizenship Certificate after oath by mail ? I did my oath on Aug 19 but have not received my certificate yet.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does anyone have idea how long it takes to get Citizenship Certificate after oath by mail ? I did my oath on Aug 19 but have not received my certificate yet.
Depends on the location of the office, your location and when your file is "closed" on their system. It varies. Could take anywhere between a week to a month to receive the citizenship certificate.

Reactions: Torontosingh

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Depends on the location of the office, your location and when your file is "closed" on their system. It varies. Could take anywhere between a week to a month to receive the citizenship certificate.
Thanks For replying .My office is Mississauga and officer in oath Ceremony told that it says in letter that Citizenship certificate will arrive in 2-4 weeks but will not take that much time .so that was reason i was curious if anyone with same date of oath (Aug 19) have received their certificate yet .

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Who is still waiting for that elusive citizenship test? I think my background check will be expiring too any time. IRCC needs to get their house in order.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
In the tracker my test is set to complet since 27th july. On the 20th of august i got an update but nothing change for Prohibition, language and physical presence. Just wonder what is happening???
i have same timeline so when you will get any info. plz let me know. Thanks

Reactions: Shineon39

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello,

Please add this to the excel sheet. It may help others (as it helped me) to track how applications are being processed.

Thank you,

Family App. sent Feb 14, 2020
AOR Aug. 07, 2020
In process Dec. 1, 2020
Background check complete Jan 20, 2021
Test invite July 9, 2021
Test Complete July 9, 2021
Passport copies requested Aug. 4th, 2021
Passport copies Sent Aug. 9th, 2021
DM Aug. 27, 2021
Oath invite TBC
Oath TBC
Vancouver Office
I also got everything updated as well except Oath. There is DM on ECAS as well. My office is Vancouver too.

Reactions: sharafashraf

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
It is offical:
IRCC responded to someone on twitter or Facebook (I saw a picture of it on Facebook), and confirmed that the priority is with Afghans.
Elections is also another thing working against us. So, if you are still waiting like me, then you are here for the long ride ...

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
It is offical:
IRCC responded to someone on twitter or Facebook (I saw a picture of it on Facebook), and confirmed that the priority is with Afghans.
Elections is also another thing working against us. So, if you are still waiting like me, then you are here for the long ride ...
Sounds about rite, immigration is bad enough as it is, and when there's a humanitarian problem, they can always get thru the files. . . Nothing against the afghani people. But immigration seem to pick an choose.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
It is offical:
Sounds about rite, immigration is bad enough as it is, and when there's a humanitarian problem, they can always get thru the files. . . Nothing against the afghani people. But immigration seem to pick an choose.
As someone quoted in the forum, 20k is nothing compared to 400k processing per year. So its the IRCC playing games to avoid working after vaccination.

And its not pick and choose as they are not going to just hand over them PR card, its a new found excuse.

Webform response with Afgan excuse:
Red coloured line: How can they even choose not to reply to a client?.... I dont like it... This shows that they themselves feel like questioning them on delays even when we simply asking status of our applications.
CIC is reaching new heights nowadays.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Reactions: Brian2015

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
They don't care. Once your in the system paying tax, mortgage, etc the government couldn't careless about anyones citizenship, they have us where they want us. . . Waiting game

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
You’ll probably receive it this week. I did my oath on August 17th and emailed my oath form to my processing officer right after my ceremony but I just got it today.
I’m a bit annoyed that it’s enclosed in a thin brown envelope so when I received it, I saw the envelope crumpled and of course my certificate was crumpled as well.