+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey everyone! I am supposed to take my Citizenship Oath next week but i have not got any email from IRCC or from the respective Visa office with any details. The scheduled Oath is for Monday Sep 1st 2021 and today is already Aug 24th.

Any idea whom to contact? My visa office is Scarborough.
If you don't get it before the 25th, give them a call (call IRCC call center and request them to notify the office)

CITU

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hey everyone! I am supposed to take my Citizenship Oath next week but i have not got any email from IRCC or from the respective Visa office with any details. The scheduled Oath is for Monday Sep 1st 2021 and today is already Aug 24th.

My oath is scheduled for Aug 31, and I received the email last Friday, Aug 20. I believe you will receive it in a day or two. And, also, today is Aug 23.

hafizmuhammadatif

May 19, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 / FEB / 2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
Finally my status updated to oath ceremony on sep13th. My citizenship test status is still showing in progress.
Hi After how long from the time of DM in Ecas you receive this update ?
Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Same date, Ottawa office, haven't received anything yet. BTW Sept. 1st is a Wednesday not a Monday.

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
Hi All, IRCC requested the scanned passport and travel documents held during the 5 year eligibility period. I have a few questions hoping someone can help me:
  • Does 5 year eligibility means the 5 years prior to the application submission (Jan 2015 - Jan 2020) or 5 years prior to today (Aug 2016 - Aug 2021)?
  • I do not have any travel documents (other than the VISA stamped on the passport). Everything in my passport has English except my Chinese immigration stamps. Do I need that part translated?
Thanks so much!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All, IRCC requested the scanned passport and travel documents held during the 5 year eligibility period. I have a few questions hoping someone can help me:
  • Does 5 year eligibility means the 5 years prior to the application submission (Jan 2015 - Jan 2020) or 5 years prior to today (Aug 2016 - Aug 2021)?
  • I do not have any travel documents (other than the VISA stamped on the passport). Everything in my passport has English except my Chinese immigration stamps. Do I need that part translated?
Thanks so much!
1. The eligibility period is the same period that you filled out in your application and it is also shown in your physical presence calculator. It is 5 years from the date of your application (or 5 years from 1 day before you signed your citizenship application).

2. Yes. Remember that you have to submit ALL the pages of ALL your passports that were valid during the eligibility period (including ALL empty pages as well).

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
1. The eligibility period is the same period that you filled out in your application and it is also shown in your physical presence calculator. It is 5 years from the date of your application (or 5 years from 1 day before you signed your citizenship application).

2. Yes. Remember that you have to submit ALL the pages of ALL your passports that were valid during the eligibility period (including ALL empty pages as well).

Thank you so much!
So I should basically just scan the whole passport? Since I only have one passport during the eligible period.

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
Thank you so much!
do I need to scan the front and back covers too? Sorry for so many questions, I want to make sure I do it right

limits

May 13, 2015
I completed the oath today, please update tracker. After the oath, I sent the signed the oath affirmation form to the email address mentioned in the oath invitation email. Does anyone know if they send an acknowledgement of receiving the form after you send it or do you just wait for the citizenship certificate after?

Reactions: novascotia27

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I completed the oath today, please update tracker. After the oath, I sent the signed the oath affirmation form to the email address mentioned in the oath invitation email. Does anyone know if they send an acknowledgement of receiving the form after you send it or do you just wait for the citizenship certificate after?
There is no acknowledgement for the confirmation of oath form submission.

The oath date is already updated on the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the "Decision Made" date (this is when "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed") and the date when you received your oath invite email? Thanks.

purpleheart

Jan 22, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014(mpnp on line), 16-01-2016 (cic/paper-based)
Nomination.....
08-12-2015 (mpnp)
AOR Received.
22-03-2016 (UCI#, EP#)
IELTS Request
19-09-2015 by mpnp
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Interview........
Sponsor's Interview: 27-11-2015(mpnp)
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016
Hello admin of this thread,

Kindly update me in the spreadsheet...

August. 24, 2021 Received the oath invitation via email.
August 31, 2021 Oath taking day (virtual).

Thank you ALL!