+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

EzzZiara

Aug 20, 2021
Its election time, everybody is now busy with its campaign,
post this message on the minister of immigration, refugee, and citizenship @marcomendicino (Twitter).

‪"No one is listening! 2018-2019 Applicants are STUCK... IRCC is already granting citizenship to 2021 applications while people waiting for 2+ years are being told its due to COVID!‬

‪@marcomendicino You need to answer us! Clear the BACKLOG‬

‪@JustinTrudeau #mycitizenship ?
‬"

everybody, please share otherwise we gonna wait another year

MY Status

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), February 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2019.

Background check-complete everything else in the process

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Its election time, everybody is now busy with its campaign,
post this message on the minister of immigration, refugee, and citizenship @marcomendicino (Twitter).

‪"No one is listening! 2018-2019 Applicants are STUCK... IRCC is already granting citizenship to 2021 applications while people waiting for 2+ years are being told its due to COVID!‬

‪@marcomendicino You need to answer us! Clear the BACKLOG‬

‪@JustinTrudeau #mycitizenship ?
‬"

everybody, please share otherwise we gonna wait another year

MY Status

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2018
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), February 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2019.

Background check-complete everything else in the process
wow.. did you apply for GCMS notes to see what is the delay?

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Wow same exact thing for me, just that mines was filed March 6. Last update in tracker is stuck on April 23. It's so frustrating that I can't even get a test invite or anything. At this point I'll even feel good if I get a fp request
Dont worry most of us in the same boat. its frustrating and nothing we can do about it. My tracker shows my application was filed "aug 2020" even though ecas shows the correct date, along with when it went into "in-process" stage...i guess we have to wait maybe 2022 might bring some better news

rebel87

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you.. please sit tight its coming for all of you.. i was checking my status daily and when I stopped bothering then it got the update

Reactions: idoit

Pudoo

Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys, i received an email from ircc.
In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your five (5) years eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or
passport, please provide an explanation.
I lost my old passport and have it replaced in 2018, and I dont have any travel history in that old passport since i entered Canada in 2012 as I never left the country since. Is there going to be a problem that i cant provide them my old passport?
Has anyone else received the same email? Please share your experience, thank you

Reactions: novascotia27

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys, i received an email from ircc.
In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your five (5) years eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or
passport, please provide an explanation.
I lost my old passport and have it replaced in 2018, and I dont have any travel history in that old passport since i entered Canada in 2012 as I never left the country since. Is there going to be a problem that i cant provide them my old passport?
Has anyone else received the same email? Please share your experience, thank you
You can only provide what you have. If you don't have the passport they want, write a letter of explanation and send it to them. Submit the pages of whatever passport you have right now. Did you file a report with the police when you realized you lost your passport? If you did, submit that too.

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
Hi, I just went on cic to check the status and it showed that they've scheduled me for an interview on Aug 24th. I've never received any email stating when and how to attend and what information is needed. Should I be concerned and email them or is this their common practises?

thanks!

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
Hi, I just went on cic to check the status and it showed that they've scheduled me for an interview on Aug 24th. I've never received any email stating when and how to attend and what information is needed. Should I be concerned and email them or is this their common practises?

thanks!
And if it's not, who can I contact to request the detail? I only have one day on Monday to get all the information and I can;t seem to find the contact in the help center.

Thanks so much

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
And if it's not, who can I contact to request the detail? I only have one day on Monday to get all the information and I can;t seem to find the contact in the help center.

Thanks so much
Hey .. don’t panic! This is normal. It has been reported by other applicants that IRCC didn’t really mean to have an interview with them but rather that’s a deadline to make a decision on their application. I could be wrong but I’ve got the feeling that’s what it is in your case given the short time for the scheduled interview to take place.

Though, until you have an official confirmation on Monday, get all the documents ready that you used to apply for citizenship, passport, certified true copies, translated documents etc

Last edited:

echen87

Apr 7, 2020
Hey .. don’t panic! This is normal. It has been reported by other applicants that IRCC didn’t really mean to have an interview with them but rather that’s deadline to make a decision on their application. I could be wrong but I’ve got the feeling that what it is in your case given the short time for the scheduled interview to take place.

Though, until you have an official confirmation on Monday, get all the documents ready that you used to apply for citizenship, passport, certified true copies, translated documents etc
Omg thank you! that's a huge relief! I will prepare everything and send them a web form like you suggested :)

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Omg thank you! that's a huge relief! I will prepare everything and send them a web form like you suggested :)
I would also call them first thing on Monday morning .. let’s us know what it turns out to be .. the more we have facts about IRCCs processing, the more we can predict their behaviour! Good luck.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hey everyone! I am supposed to take my Citizenship Oath next week but i have not got any email from IRCC or from the respective Visa office with any details. The scheduled Oath is for Monday Sep 1st 2021 and today is already Aug 24th.

Any idea whom to contact? My visa office is Scarborough.