+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Lets be thankful for the opportunity that this country provides us in terms of PR and Citizenship. I am sure they are trying their level best to straighten things and put it back in the right order..

Reactions: skas13

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Yeah. Where i come from.....if u sign dat. The government workers would check the list and make you wait longer.......
Canada isn’t where you come from.. IRCC has bigger issues to deal with than to care about a who had signed an online petition. Plus, they can’t use anything against you for expressing your opinions. That would probably constitute a violation of the Charter

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Out of curiosity, can one do the citizenship online test outside of Canada? My hubby would probably be outside of Canada at the possible time frame of online test. Thanks.

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Updated

Got an email today evening from Surrey cic office

officer need my physical presence days even I submitted with application as they saying I didn’t include all trips as long I am long haul truck driver and every week I go to USA for truck trips

they asked my al trips to USA entry exit dates 5 year period 2014 to 2019 even I had applied atip request before my application and Ifilled all dates with 8pages
I don’t know how to collect more information related my entry and exit information

any idea guys what should I do how to reply them what should I explain to them even I think I have enough days now since I became PR since 2014

guess

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Updated

officer need my physical presence days even I submitted with application as they saying I didn’t include all trips as long I am long haul truck driver and every week I go to USA for truck trips

they asked my al trips to USA entry exit dates 5 year period 2014 to 2019 even I had applied atip request before my application and Ifilled all dates with 8pages
I don’t know how to collect more information related my entry and exit information

any idea guys what should I do how to reply them what should I explain to them even I think I have enough days now since I became PR since 2014

guess
I guess you can request entry/exit record from CBP? and then compare it with all the trips you've mentioned in the physical presence calculator. @harirajmohan , would you know something that'll help @navyharry ?

Oldman2020

Jan 27, 2020
Updated

guess
If you have google timeline turned on on your phone you can go back and search for each border crossing you may have crossed. It will tell you date and time you crossed. For example, I crossed into the US/Canada using the Peace, Queenston, and Rainbow bridges. I did 3 separate searches and it came back with all dates and times I crossed.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I guess you can request entry/exit record from CBP? and then compare it with all the trips you've mentioned in the physical presence calculator. @harirajmohan , would you know something that'll help @navyharry ?
As cbp records came in late, i used my own log sheet to enter all the day trips. Later submitted webform to attach the records into the file after AOR.
So i could verify my records during my PR renewal which i found that i missed one daytrip in my log which i used in citizenship application. Yes its good to get records ahead and compare with our log before applying.
Updated

guess
100 entries will be in history in cbp website https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search. I assume you would have crossed the border more than that. So you have to request from foia site https://foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/home.
Also not sure if all officers will accept the records from plain history from the online cbp site.

1. Create account.
2. Submit request. Select cbp and then entry/exit subcategory while submitting the request. Also include your passport and nexus copy(if you have) for the the duration you used. Dont submit request without creating account as i heard that they dont give full information.
3. It takes months 3-4-6 months. It depends.

You should have planned ahead. I know that its pain to enter 100z of entries every year for years but no choice. I used to log my entries every day in google sheet during my commute since Jan2017 till Mar2020.

If you have to get it from foia site then you can submit a letter to them with the evidence that you have submitted the request at foia website and tell them that you would submit the records in few months(as soon as you get your records).
If you have google timeline turned on on your phone you can go back and search for each border crossing you may have crossed. It will tell you date and time you crossed. For example, I crossed into the US/Canada using the Peace, Queenston, and Rainbow bridges. I did 3 separate searches and it came back with all dates and times I crossed.
I didnt know about this until few years ago. Good to know that it will give datewise.

Last edited:

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Thanks guys I am so appreciate for your kind reply
Yeah they sent me an instruction same as you directed
I already applied in cbp but don’t know when they can send me all details

IRCC Critic

Jun 17, 2021
Hey Y'all. I got scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on the citizenship tracker for September 7. I have some questions:

1) When should I expect to get the email invitation?
2) How long does the Oath take?
3) Am I allowed to invite family and share the link with them to join the oath virtually ?

Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Y'all. I got scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on the citizenship tracker for September 7. I have some questions:

3) Am I allowed to invite family and share the link with them to join the oath virtually ?

Thank you!
1. About a week or two before the oath ceremony.
2. The actual ceremony takes about 45 minutes but allocate at least 3 hours for pre and post ceremony procedures and other delays.
3. No, you are NOT supposed to share the link. However, you can have friends and family in the same room.

• Love
Reactions: IRCC Critic

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016

Thank you!
Are you a Jan 2020 applicant?