+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Possibly your face was not fully visible during all/some of time of the test hence retake of test is sent.
Possibly this will be with the officer while he/she is online and you might be verbally giving answer to the questions he/she shares in MS Teams meeting.

Were there problems during your test? Do you remember that your face was visible all the time and no issues with your webcam?
There is not test window like last time, right?

This is the issue with cic. Instead of reviewing the test result within a month, they took 3 months to get back. already we wasted a year in pandemic and officer is wasting few more months just like that.

Ok. So start preparing as you might not be remembering all the dates and names. After reading the book couple of times, start your online practice next full week.
Same happened me, I sent an email questioning it. It was a mistake on theyr end. And they said I didn't have to do 2nd test. I advise u to email them.

Reactions: harirajmohan

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Hi , I did applied Jan 2020 , Got test call on March 19 2021 , passed test 20/20 in march 2021. Got e mail soon after passing the test as preliminary passing confirmation.
My online application updated today like " You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on July 28, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you"
Any idea what's happening ???? 2nd test for what ?

Thanks
maybe they suspected you cheated somehow , theres a disclaimer before u do the test for that

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
2 months later I got a mail to do the test. It never changed status
I was a bit skeptical when they decided to do Citizenship tests online. I thought they would be pretty quick in getting back if Tests did not go right or any system glitch.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Does any one know how to get all your passport images into a 5mb file. I seriously can't understand it?
1. scan each page as an image and place it in doc file. I think that this method retains more resolution than below method.
2. use the big pdf file to compress using some sites like smallpdf etc.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was a bit skeptical when they decided to do Citizenship tests online. I thought they would be pretty quick in getting back if Tests did not go right or any system glitch.
Usually, tests are set to "Completed" in about 2 days. For some applicants, it takes about a week to 10 days. Not many applicants see a delay beyond that time. It depends on the local office and the officer working on your file.

But you're right, when the test results have to be rejected, they take a very long time. It is unfortunate.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, was wondering if there is any way to get a true estimate of the time it would take for the oath ceremony. If you know of any, please inform here. Is there a way to contact the local CIC office and get such information? Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, was wondering if there is any way to get a true estimate of the time it would take for the oath ceremony. If you know of any, please inform here. Is there a way to contact the local CIC office and get such information? Thanks.
You can try but I don't think they'll give you any estimates.

A ballpark figure would be 3 - 5 months after the test status is set to "Completed". Could happen sooner or later. Can't be sure.