+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

I checked my ecas and online citizenship status today and it says decision made on Ecas.

All items are marked as completed on the new application status tool.
Oath ceremony is marked as "not started"

How long does it take to receive an invite?

Thanks!
Give it a couple of months probably and see if you get it. Timelines are erratic and there's a backlog for oath.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Scores are usually validated in a couple of days. For some people, it might take longer. Next steps are DM and Oath. You might be requested to attend an interview over MS teams (but not everyone receives an interview request).

Given the current backlog for oath, expect 3 - 5 months of wait from the date when the test results are validated for oath. Might happen sooner or later, its erratic.
What do they ask in the interview part?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What do they ask in the interview part?
Generally, just the stamps on your passport (you'll still have to email all the pages of all the passports that were valid during the 5 year eligibility period).

But it is important to have the originals of ALL the documents because at least one applicant was asked to show the original IELTS TRF that she submitted with her application.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Its been over 18 months of wait for some of us here. When will the test invite come. How slow can they possibly be? Even countries like Aus, US and UK have been much faster in processing immigration files during the pandemic and UK/US have more # of applications and yet here we are where its so hard to see that the end is in sight. So far those who have got the test invite seems like its been a lucky draw of some kind and I feel more for those waiting from 2018 and 2019.

makalakon

Sep 16, 2014
Hello, here is my status update:
- Interview request notification (MS Teams): May 25th.
- Interview with IRCC: June 1st.
- Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions status completed on June 1st.
- Citizenship oath status updated to In progress on June 24th (email was received on June 28th with the "NOTICE TO APPEAR: To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video".
- Oath ceremony: July 13th.

Thanks to the admins of this forum for keeping the tracker updated, it's been really helpful and reassuring, especially during these COVID times.

Good luck to everyone going through the process!

Cheers.

nmehra6613

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
I am a January 2020 applicant --- extemely slow process for me:

Last update was Bakground verification completed in Jan 2021..

jashinds

Jul 21, 2020
Oakville, ON
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
I know this is a useless reply, but same boat here:

Application history:
Jan 20, 2021
Background verification activity status updated
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Jul 21, 2020
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Even worse, My PR Card Renewal application was sent in March 2021 (Delivered 1 April), still no AOR and I plan to travel in November. It's looking like I will need to cancel my plans as nothing is predictable at this stage, even if I hit the next step on the Citizenship process, it seems there could be lengthy delays every step of the way.

Last edited:

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015

Application history:
Jan 20, 2021

Jul 21, 2020
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Even worse, My PR Card Renewal application was sent in March 2021 (Delivered 1 April), still no AOR and I plan to travel in November. It's looking like I will need to cancel my plans as nothing is predictable at this stage, even if I hit the next step on the Citizenship process, it seems there could be lengthy delays every step of the way.
Ur in the wrong group. This is jan 2020 applications.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Application history:
Jan 20, 2021

Jul 21, 2020
Application filed

Your PR card should long before Nov. So you should be all set for travel. Track your PR card here - it should be coming this month.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-new-renewal-processing-timeline-2021.724984/page-39

Yes, citizenship might take time as no one knows how long it will take even after test is cleared or even after DM it takes few months time for some of them.

jashinds

Jul 21, 2020
Oakville, ON
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Your PR card should long before Nov. So you should be all set for travel. Track your PR card here - it should be coming this month.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-new-renewal-processing-timeline-2021.724984/page-39

Yes, citizenship might take time as no one knows how long it will take even after test is cleared or even after DM it takes few months time for some of them.
*Should* but it's 90 days from AOR, which I don't have yet. It's been over 90 days since delivered, so maybe I'm lucky but luck and hope are not worth much