+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

SimonAitch

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
What happens in oath ceremony? Is it like an interview on webcam on zoom? Or do you just sit and watch a ceremony on zoom?
Pretty straight forward. I'd downloaded Zoom prior day. Approximately 15 mins before scheduled time I logged on via the link they sent with all the ceremony details. I was on hold for about 10 mins then prompted logged in. Almost immediately I was moved to a breakout room and a lady from IRCC checked all my details and identification. Then put on hold again for about 20 mins and then joined the ceremony. Don't know how many others were with me but I was number 24 and I noticed another member number 31. Brief speech from a lovely judge then we repeated the oath in English and French. Afterwards we all cheered and clapped, very emotional !!! Then back into a breakout room and in front of same IRCC lady cut my card up and signed the oath form twice. Great day !! Enjoy it when it is your turn.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pretty straight forward. I'd downloaded Zoom prior day. Approximately 15 mins before scheduled time I logged on via the link they sent with all the ceremony details. I was on hold for about 10 mins then prompted logged in. Almost immediately I was moved to a breakout room and a lady from IRCC checked all my details and identification. Then put on hold again for about 20 mins and then joined the ceremony. Don't know how many others were with me but I was number 24 and I noticed another member number 31. Brief speech from a lovely judge then we repeated the oath in English and French. Afterwards we all cheered and clapped, very emotional !!! Then back into a breakout room and in front of same IRCC lady cut my card up and signed the oath form twice. Great day !! Enjoy it when it is your turn.
Congrats! I can't wait for this day to come :)

Reactions: Bitologue

Bitologue

Mar 3, 2021
thanks Simon, did they look into the old passport or only candian ID ?

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
i don't understand how u signed the oath if its on zoom ? did the send you papers before? also how long it takes from start to end is it long? do u need to prepare what to say or you just repeat a script ?
PS i Still waiting but asking just to understand what to do when the day arrive :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i don't understand how u signed the oath if its on zoom ? did the send you papers before? also how long it takes from start to end is it long? do u need to prepare what to say or you just repeat a script ?
PS i Still waiting but asking just to understand what to do when the day arrive :p
You will receive the oath form and the instructions on what to do when you receive your oath email. You will also be given a script to read for the oath of citizenship (again, you'll find all the information in your oath email).

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
You will receive the oath form and the instructions on what to do when you receive your oath email. You will also be given a script to read for the oath of citizenship (again, you'll find all the information in your oath email).
Is the oath form sent mail to your address on file? Or email?

Bitologue

Mar 3, 2021
hi folks it's been few days that my statu fo the oath change to in progress with the date of July 20 but I did not receive any mail. is it normale ? is there any one in the same case ? thanks !!1

Last edited:

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020
Hello folks,

I passed my citizenship test yesterday (20/20). When should I expect the score to be validated and reflected in the tracker? What are the next steps? (I noticed some people get asked for interviews and some do not.)

Thank you!!

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hello folks,

I passed my citizenship test yesterday (20/20). When should I expect the score to be validated and reflected in the tracker? What are the next steps? (I noticed some people get asked for interviews and some do not.)

Thank you!!
My score was validated 60 days later, then uv to wait for DM. Then ul be called for oath.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello folks,

Thank you!!
Scores are usually validated in a couple of days. For some people, it might take longer. Next steps are DM and Oath. You might be requested to attend an interview over MS teams (but not everyone receives an interview request).

Given the current backlog for oath, expect 3 - 5 months of wait from the date when the test results are validated for oath. Might happen sooner or later, its erratic.

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
Hi all,

I checked my ecas and online citizenship status today and it says decision made on Ecas.

All items are marked as completed on the new application status tool.
Oath ceremony is marked as "not started"

How long does it take to receive an invite?

Thanks!

Reactions: im2kool

CITU

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Same here. I wrote it in a different thread. My status changed to DM over the weekend. Tracker says all complete, oath not started. Had test in April and passport request last week.

Reactions: im2kool