+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

aquamila

Mar 20, 2015
Didn't expect any news by the end of July, but yesterday found out that my and my husband's citizenship oath was scheduled. Please, update the spreadsheet.

Language skills, Prohibitions, Physical presence were updated to completed: Jun 28
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Jun 29
Citizenship ceremony: Aug 23

There are no invitation letters though. I hope we get them before the ceremony :rolleyes:

I checked ECAS as well, and the status has changed to "Decision Made" but I have no idea when it happened, there is no date.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Didn't expect any news by the end of July, but yesterday found out that my and my husband's citizenship oath was scheduled. Please, update the spreadsheet.

Language skills, Prohibitions, Physical presence were updated to completed: Jun 28
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Jun 29
Citizenship ceremony: Aug 23

There are no invitation letters though. I hope we get them before the ceremony :rolleyes:

I checked ECAS as well, and the status has changed to "Decision Made" but I have no idea when it happened, there is no date.
Updated.

Could you please provide when your application went to "Decision Made" status? This would be the same date when "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed".

Also, please post an update once you receive the test invite via email.

Thank you!

aquamila

Mar 20, 2015
Could you please provide when your application went to "Decision Made" status? This would be the same date when "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed".
As I said in my post, Prohibitions status was updated to completed on Jun 28 as well as Language skills and Physical presence.

Also, please post an update once you receive the test invite via email.
Sure! Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

The CIC guidance says that the oath is typically completed in 3 months from the time the test is taken successfully (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5). Do you guys see this to be true from the trends across other months as well? Thanks.
Could be the case but not for everyone. The information you've posted was general information pre-pandemic. We don't know how true it holds now. Expect anywhere between 3 - 5 months from test to oath. (I sincerely hope that they are somehow able to tackle at least a part of the backlog by conducting more ceremonies AND include more number of applicants per ceremony).

Currently, it appears that there is a backlog for oath.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could be the case but not for everyone. The information you've posted was general information pre-pandemic. We don't know how true it holds now. Expect anywhere between 3 - 5 months from test to oath. (I sincerely hope that they are somehow able to tackle at least a part of the backlog by conducting more ceremonies AND include more number of applicants per ceremony).

Thanks, I scanned through the trackers for few other months, but couldn't find any evidence supporting the 3 month timeline for the oath from the test date. Indeed, there seems to be a backlog.....

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Thanks, I scanned through the trackers for few other months, but couldn't find any evidence supporting the 3 month timeline for the oath from the test date. Indeed, there seems to be a backlog.....
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

"....About 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location. The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test...."

3 months is the timeline IRCC estimated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

"....About 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location. The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test...."

3 months is the timeline IRCC estimated.
There isn't a three month timeline per say. The "usually" within 3 months was before the pandemic. I'm not saying it can't happen now; What I'm saying is that there is a nasty backlog for oath and there is a chance it might not happen. I would give 3 - 5 months from when the test status was set to "Completed" for oath.

Some people have recently received DM and oath dates within a month (some got DM and oath invite on the same date). There will always be exceptions.

Brian2015

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
There isn't a three month timeline per say. The "usually" within 3 months was before the pandemic. I'm not saying it can't happen now; What I'm saying is that there is a nasty backlog for oath and there is a chance it might not happen. I would give 3 - 5 months from when the test status was set to "Completed" for oath.

Some people have recently received DM and oath dates within a month (some got DM and oath invite on the same date). There will always be exceptions.
Yeah. The difference between applications is nuts, I know every application is different, but there is no set procedure or time . Its just a waiting game. Im over 19 months waiting, along with a lot of other people on the spreadsheet. It gets frustrating but that's life.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14

Agree with this, my husband passed is test April 22 and we have yet to hear anything. It's almost been 3 months since taking the test.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Yeah. The difference between applications is nuts, I know every application is different, but there is no set procedure or time . Its just a waiting game. Im over 19 months waiting, along with a lot of other people on the spreadsheet. It gets frustrating but that's life.
18 months waiting here too- insane

jashinds

Jul 21, 2020
Oakville, ON
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
So I need to travel to the US in early November 2021. I applied in January 2020 and my application is stuck in nowhereland ... Background verification completed, that's it... AOR was July 21, 2020. To complicate things, my PR card expires in October.. Yes, I have submitted my renewal (months ago, still no AOR) and that seems to be in the same rapid processing queue as the citizenship application.

So, yes, I know, I need to get a PRTD - but it seems that follows the same process i.e. fill out paperwork, send photos, pay $50 and mail it off.. which means it's also going to take 6 months maybe. So what to do? Anyone else been in a similar situation? Are they allowing re-entry on expired PR Cards given the application delay shenanigans. I may end up just going and hoping for the best... showing up at the border on 10 November with expired PR card, and 3 proofs of application for Citizenship, PR Card renewal and PRTD. That's if they even let me onto the plane to leave Canada and to come back. Nervewracking... What a circus.