+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

mindHacker

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is CIC going to resume test this year? If bars, saloons, shopping malls, gyms can be resumed, why not the testing (it can be even arranged over online) ?!

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Looks like Feb applicants are even getting incomplete applications returned. Here we have no news. No AOR, no ECAS and no returned application.

What should be the next step? Wait for 1 more month and send a new citizenship application?

kazawi

Nov 12, 2014
Hello to everyone in this forum .
Thanks for sharing and making this forum so valuable.
Does anyone have his application going from "AOR" to "IN PROCESS" in ECAS during COVID yet??

Reactions: Zadik1985

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Looks like Feb applicants are even getting incomplete applications returned. Here we have no news. No AOR, no ECAS and no returned application.

What should be the next step? Wait for 1 more month and send a new citizenship application?
I'm in Feb thread, didn't read any application returned there.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Are you a Feb or Jan applicant ?
Feb
Here we have no news. No AOR, no ECAS and no returned application.
As per few posts of previously returned applications(whichever i noticed - even before pandemic), cic seems to open applications weeks before the AOR and checking the completeness and returning them for most applicants earlier than the AOR issuance period. I am thinking that whoever's not yet returned would get AOR. At least its what i am hoping for after seeing March is getting couple of returned applications.
Is CIC going to resume test this year? If bars, saloons, shopping malls, gyms can be resumed, why not the testing (it can be even arranged over online) ?!
I assume that these are state specific guideline hence thinking that these are not yet applicable/accepted by Fed yet, possibly they are still waiting for a decision or more covid numbers to go down.

Reactions: phoenix111

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
As per few posts of previously returned applications(whichever i noticed - even before pandemic), cic seems to open applications weeks before the AOR and checking the completeness and returning them for most applicants earlier than the AOR issuance period. I am thinking that whoever's not yet returned would get AOR. At least its what i am hoping for after seeing March is getting couple of returned applications.
You may be right - it's possible that they have separate teams each dedicated to a specific task - checking application for completeness, another for possibly re-arranging the packages to a 'preferred review format', another for batching and sorting cases to go for review and (if they're digitizing them) then a digitization team before it goes into a feeder line to the case review officers.

As for predictions, my guess is that they're probably handling this by lots of a specific size (say, 100 cases per 'lot'), so it's possible (given the mountain of packages they're going through (and assuming there's nothing on the packages themselves to indicate the exact date they arrived at the facility (even though there is a separate record of it in the system that they're not cross referencing when sorting), it's possible that they (the sorters) have a rough idea of when a package arrived, but not the exact date, which would explain why a few slipped through the cracks and got processed along with the February bunch (and then returned for incompleteness as a result). It's either that or they've likely begun 'sorting' the March applications and doing the initial prepwork before the actual review process begins. So effectively, here's what I think is happening:

a) Applicant Sends Package
b) Package is Received at CPC
c) (Speculative Assumption) Packages are then grouped into 'lots' as they arrive.
d) Package is reviewed for completeness
e) (Speculative Assumption) Package contents are hand-arranged in specific order for digitization and review which varies depending on 'Single' or 'Family' applicant
f) (Speculative Assumption) Arranged Packages are then batched into new lots and are prepped for digitization
g) (Speculative Assumption) Applications are digitized
h) (Speculative Assumption) Applications go into feeder queue to be picked up case officers.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Application delivered on Jan 16. AOR Received just now on August 17, 2020 . Dont know if it was the feedback worked.
still couldn't find anything in ECAS though.
that's amazing news! at least they are working on them now. i was starting to get worried

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
As for predictions, my guess is that they're probably handling this by lots of a specific size (say, 100 cases per 'lot'), so it's possible (given the mountain of packages they're going through (and assuming there's nothing on the packages themselves to indicate the exact date they arrived at the facility (even though there is a separate record of it in the system that they're not cross referencing when sorting), it's possible that they (the sorters) have a rough idea of when a package arrived, but not the exact date, which would explain why a few slipped through the cracks and got processed along with the February bunch (and then returned for incompleteness as a result). It's either that or they've likely begun 'sorting' the March applications and doing the initial prepwork before the actual review process begins. So effectively, here's what I think is happening:

a) Applicant Sends Package
b) Package is Received at CPC
c) (Speculative Assumption) Packages are then grouped into 'lots' as they arrive.
d) Package is reviewed for completeness
e) (Speculative Assumption) Package contents are hand-arranged in specific order for digitization and review which varies depending on 'Single' or 'Family' applicant
f) (Speculative Assumption) Arranged Packages are then batched into new lots and are prepped for digitization
g) (Speculative Assumption) Applications are digitized
h) (Speculative Assumption) Applications go into feeder queue to be picked up case officers.
Yes, for sure they dont pick the top most 100 case batch while trying to review the applications when they come in for work but they should be doing it just like how we get our queue cleared for driving license. I am not sure why this is so tough to follow and where the gaps are. Even if they have multiple stages before AOR, they should simply just follow top 100 every day in each stage by any officer whoever picks up the file for review.

Apart from your point on why Feb AOR before completing Jan is that i assume that some officers just took leave for 3 or 4+ weeks after they allocated the files to them hence its just sitting on his/her desk/laptop without being reviewed for completeness/AOR. Looks like cic is not reassigning to the people who are working currently if someone doesnt return for 2 weeks. I think that this kind of lag never happened(not with the gap of 1 month) for most at AOR stage specifically(i have see that people's time(months and even a year) got wasted due to unknown/no reason after AOR). Either way its pain for the people waiting on AOR without knowing anything for 7 months.

All i can hope is that they issue Jan and Feb before moving to March. Yes now i am in that situation that they should not make much worse than it already is :confused: .

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017

big question my friend. I resubmitted my application on Jan 19 and still no AOR, nothing.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
big question my friend. I resubmitted my application on Jan 19 and still no AOR, nothing.
it looks like they are getting to those applications as well. someone whose application was received on Jan 16th just got AOR today. hopefully we should start hearing on the "missed" applications soon. i am waiting too, my application delivered of Feb 5th no AOR as yet