+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
IRCC has been saying they are currently processing applications received before Jan 14th, looks like all AOR pending applications before Jan 14th are now receiving AORs. People who sent their application after Jan 14th would have to wait a bit longer ~ My guess

Reactions: Inpasarable

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
IRCC has been saying they are currently processing applications received before Jan 14th, looks like all AOR pending applications before Jan 14th are now receiving AORs. People who sent their application after Jan 14th would have to wait a bit longer ~ My guess
Well, atleast we now know that Sydney , NS office is back to work... this is the apparently the only point where our paper applications have to be touched physically... rest of the process could be done electronically and hence, theoretically could be processed using ‘work from home ‘ wherever possible... I think, this was the only meaning of IRCC when they were repeatedly saying that they are processing applications received before 14th Jan... they have just started clearing out all the applications that were opened before the lockdown happened..and this could clearly confirm that they are back at office and thats a very good news to start with..

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Well, atleast we now know that Sydney , NS office is back to work... this is the apparently the only point where our paper applications have to be touched physically... rest of the process could be done electronically and hence, theoretically could be processed using ‘work from home ‘ wherever possible... I think, this was the only meaning of IRCC when they were repeatedly saying that they are processing applications received before 14th Jan... they have just started clearing out all the applications that were opened before the lockdown happened..and this could clearly confirm that they are back at office and thats a very good news to start with..
I sent application on Jan 2 and received AOR on March 9, 2020. If they were processing applications electronically after AOR was issued I would have seen some moment on my application in the last four months. The status still says - "Application Received".

Reactions: nicolass

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
I sent application on Jan 2 and received AOR on March 9, 2020. If they were processing applications electronically after AOR was issued I would have seen some moment on my application in the last four months. The status still says - "Application Received".
I think , that’s where the whole issue was...Sydney ,NS office stopped working.. your file has to be physically mailed to your local office.. then your application status becomes ‘In Process’... they issued AOR in your case, but lock down happened before sending your file to local office.... so your file status stuck at ‘ app received’... now that they are back, they will send out the applications to corresponding local offices and then ideally, electronic processing activities shall start... big relief now that we know that sydney office is back to work.... though NS and other Maritime provinces didn’t had many cases, these fed workers didn’t start working before... now, atleast they are back to office...

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
Honestly they should have always just done AOR by email....
They always send the AOR by emails...but atleast there must be a case worker who is physically present in the sydney,NS office to’ physically open our paper applications’ and to check them , right?.. that’s what was missing till now... once they physically open and check the contents of our couriered paper application, they send out e-mail AOR, if the package entails everything as per checklist , enter the details in system and physically mail the paper application to ‘local office’ that is near to your residential postal address and then the entire process takes place at local office...
sydney, NS office’s role requires physical presence of employees at office , where as local office can do many activities ‘online’ such as contacting CRA, CBSA, sending out security check requests, etc etc

awanhsi

Jun 15, 2009
I sent an application on Jan 2 and received AOR on March 9, 2020. If they were processing applications electronically after AOR was issued I would have seen some moment on my application in the last four months. The status still says - "Application Received".
If you Click. "Application Received" you will find your timeline, and for sure you already got your "AOR", otherwise it would not be shown up in online my application status. The good thing is that 99% chances are they will not ask you any further documentation, the application is already forwarded to your local office. Prepare your self for the test now. Goodluck

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
If you Click. "Application Received" you will find your timeline, and for sure you already got your "AOR", otherwise it would not be shown up in online my application status. The good thing is that 99% chances are they will not ask you any further documentation, the application is already forwarded to your local office. Prepare your self for the test now. Goodluck
Yes preparing myself since March 9th, LOL

Reactions: smallpotato

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
They always send the AOR by emails...but atleast there must be a case worker who is physically present in the sydney,NS office to’ physically open our paper applications’ and to check them , right?.. that’s what was missing till now... once they physically open and check the contents of our couriered paper application, they send out e-mail AOR, if the package entails everything as per checklist , enter the details in system and physically mail the paper application to ‘local office’ that is near to your residential postal address and then the entire process takes place at local office...
sydney, NS office’s role requires physical presence of employees at office , where as local office can do many activities ‘online’ such as contacting CRA, CBSA, sending out security check requests, etc etc
Do they also send test/oath invites through email or these generally are through phone or snail mail?