+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi everyone, By the grace of Almighty Allah my tracker got updated yesterday.According to the tracker my oath ceremony will be on March 19 2022 which is around 2months from now.Everything got completed on Jan 5th except the oath.Application was submitted on Jan 27th 2020.Also my local office is Scarborough.Don't lose hope guys.You'll be next soon.
you get any email from the office. My one is Feb 14, 2022. still no email from Scarborough office

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Its a Good day today. Finally an update, after having my test set to completed in july 27. I got physical presence, language and prohibitions set to completed. Decision made on 26th Jan in the old ECAS. Waiting for oath now.
Great! Congratulations - my ecas has been in Decision made since dec 6th so far no oath notification (office ottawa) - this is just frustrating - could be waiting for another few months and its been over 2 years since we sent in our applications :(

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hello Good people,

My oath on Feb 14,2022.
Look like i lost my PR card card but I have my COPR.
Will that be ok?
Thank you
COPR is a life time document and didn't get your point on will that be ok means? Because the purpose of valid or expired PR card is to show them and cut ✂ it with the scissors in front of the officer is the standard procedure. You can't cut your COPR in lieu of lost PR card. So far whatever the group I followed + my family friend completed everything and received citizenship certificate with expired PR card. Lost PR card case, I haven't seen any. Wish you good luck.

Unless you are sure it was lost, search everywhere spend time and try to remember when was the last time you saw it ... thorough search may give a chance to find it , unless bag or your valet lost.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
COPR is a life time document and didn't get your point on will that be ok means? Because the purpose of valid or expired PR card is to show them and cut ✂ it with the scissors in front of the officer is the standard procedure. You can't cut your COPR in lieu of lost PR card. So far whatever the group I followed + my family friend completed everything and received citizenship certificate with expired PR card. Lost PR card case, I haven't seen any. Wish you good luck.

Unless you are sure it was lost, search everywhere spend time and try to remember when was the last time you saw it ... thorough search may give a chance to find it , unless bag or your valet lost.
Thank you Alex.
I am hunting.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Thank you Alex.
I am hunting.
As per CIC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

What to bring
When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
  • permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
  • 2 pieces of personal identification (ID)
    • one piece of ID must have your photograph and signature, for example: driver’s licence, health card or permanent resident card
    • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
    • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature
  • all your passports and travel documents, current and expired, that you listed on the application form
  • optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship

Therefore PR card or COPR anything should work?
Do you guys agree?
I am still hunting to get my PR card. I used it in Test on Sept, 2021.
But don know after that where I put it. :(

Reactions: Sydkadra

Engineer Pak

Dec 17, 2015
Hi..hope everyone is great..

Thank God I got oath last week and its done this week. My timeline is:

App Sent: Jan 2020
AOR : Mar 2020
App Process Start: Sep 2020
Test Invite: Apr 2021
Test Done: May 2021
Ghost Update(might be on file of one of the family member): Dec 2021
Oath invite and done: Late Jan 2022

Office: Mississauga
Applied with: Family

I believe I am not on the tracker. Started following this forum after long wait between Test and Oath.

Congrats everyone who are through this process. And prayers for those who are waiting, patience is the key its coming soon.

Engineer Pak

Dec 17, 2015
Before getting the Oath i tried every possible way to contact CIC. Web form, MP but nothing worked, generic replies.

Mean time I read some where earlier this month that you can reply to Email from where you get the test Invite.

I did that and got a generic reply that we are not monitoring this Email if you got the test Invite before Nov 2021. But after couple of weeks got a long email reply from local office that we are working very hard to end this backlog and we are working on first in first out basis for old applications and some of the new applications(new online system i believe) at the same time etc.

After couple of days I got Oath invite. I dont know it was scheduled this way or that Email awake them.

Hope this can work for someone who is waiting.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
As per CIC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

What to bring
When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
  • permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
  • 2 pieces of personal identification (ID)
    • one piece of ID must have your photograph and signature, for example: driver’s licence, health card or permanent resident card
    • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
    • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature
  • all your passports and travel documents, current and expired, that you listed on the application form
  • optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship

Therefore PR card or COPR anything should work?
Do you guys agree?
I am still hunting to get my PR card. I used it in Test on Sept, 2021.
But don know after that where I put it. :(
You are quoting the requirements for an in-person ceremony. Is this going to be case for you?
If not then please familiarize with the requirements as set out in your oath invitation for virtual ceremony and/or listen to the applicants who went through the video oath already and/or are quoting the requirements as per the oath invitation.

no need to mix up the requirements of two different ceremony types and asking the audience to agree on it.

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Before getting the Oath i tried every possible way to contact CIC. Web form, MP but nothing worked, generic replies.

Mean time I read some where earlier this month that you can reply to Email from where you get the test Invite.

I did that and got a generic reply that we are not monitoring this Email if you got the test Invite before Nov 2021. But after couple of weeks got a long email reply from local office that we are working very hard to end this backlog and we are working on first in first out basis for old applications and some of the new applications(new online system i believe) at the same time etc.

After couple of days I got Oath invite. I dont know it was scheduled this way or that Email awake them.

Hope this can work for someone who is waiting.
what was the email address to which you sent that email?

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
You are quoting the requirements for an in-person ceremony. Is this going to be case for you?
If not then please familiarize with the requirements as set out in your oath invitation for virtual ceremony and/or listen to the applicants who went through the video oath already and/or are quoting the requirements as per the oath invitation.

no need to mix up the requirements of two different ceremony types and asking the audience to agree on it.

Hi Max,

I quote as I am not finding my PR card but i do have COPR.
While looking CIC webpage I saw that either PR card or COPR can work.

That is why asking people for opinion if I don't have PR card during oath does it work?
Can I just present my COPR, driving license etc as a proof of identity.
While sit for test on Sep,2021 I showed my PR card but now not finding it. :(

Please advise if any encounter this type of situation.
Appreciate the help,

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Hi Max,

That is why asking people for opinion if I don't have PR card during oath does it work?

Appreciate the help,
I think you should contact IRCC immediately. Only your officer can decide, not someone on this forum.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Max,

Appreciate the help,
Accepted ID:
“2 pieces of personal identification (ID): one must have your photograph and signature on it, e.g. driver’s license, health card; one of them can be your Permanent resident card, if your second piece of identification is Canadian federal, provincial or territorial issued ID; foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued “

You must present before the ceremony:
“ All of the original documents in your possession: your permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or your confirmation of permanent residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), as well as your record of landing (IMM 1000), if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and have one; “

As long as you provide fulfill the above you maybe able to complete the oath vide ceremony.

However, “if your Permanent resident card was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received, contact us as soon as possible, complete a Solemn Declaration form and return it to us …..”

So this will influence and impact the production of the Certificate of Citizenship.