+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kilo49

Jun 12, 2020
Stay patient and wait. I know it's hard but you still have a month. My 6 months will be passed in 17 days and I just gotta wait till they make their final decision.
I am a bit anxious because my PGWP is expiring in July, I was hoping that PR can be approved before then, but if this drags on I guess i will have to apply for bridging work permit... oh well...

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
I am a bit anxious because my PGWP is expiring in July, I was hoping that PR can be approved before then, but if this drags on I guess i will have to apply for bridging work permit... oh well...
I just had to apply an extension for my visitors visa. It is what it is but you're not alone in this. Also, my medical is expiring this fall so I do hope I get it before that! But who knows right...

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Currently they are processing Jan CEC applications, and providing CoPRs directly through e-mails. If everything is good, you should be getting it soon.
That's a bit of false statement since they are processing applicants even all the way from September, maybe even from August 2019 and backwards. So it is random. Whoever has a "simple" application, do well. I know for fact mine takes long because I visited so many countries (I run out of space on my application before AOR and the system just told me to remove the older ones and add the new ones).

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello everyone,

I got a request for BioMetrics for my non accompanying wife.

Here is my situation.
Me (Principal applicant)
AOR: Jan 24, 2020.
BioMetrics Date: Submitted on Feb 20, 2020

My wife(Non accompanying)
BioMetrics: Requested on June 12, 2020.

I was under the assumption that non accompanying spouse doesn’t need bio metrics. The letter I received has my wife’s address as my address in US. She has never been to US, Canada or let alone travel out of India. I did not even pay my wife’s bio metric fees. The letter says that this is the proof for your payment of biometric fees. I am just confused right now.

I saw this thread in Twitter where Official Canada Immigration says that it is not required.

Was anyone in this situation? Should I raise webform request? If I want to call IRCC, what number should I call?
The general rule is no biometric required for nonaccompanying dependents, but as I understood it is the discretion of the office processing your application. My LVO also asked for biometric for my nonaccompanying spouse. Although in my case, they first asked me to pay it.

kilo49

Jun 12, 2020
That's a bit of false statement since they are processing applicants even all the way from September, maybe even from August 2019 and backwards. So it is random. Whoever has a "simple" application, do well. I know for fact mine takes long because I visited so many countries (I run out of space on my application before AOR and the system just told me to remove the older ones and add the new ones).
did you visit those countries for a long time? I have only stated one other country that i visited for less than a month...
what other factors make your application "less simple"? :3

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
did you visit those countries for a long time? I have only stated one other country that i visited for less than a month...
what other factors make your application "less simple"? :3
Doesn't matter how long time I visited, I still have to mention them. I have also lived in four countries, which means I have so many addresses I have lived in the past 10 years. I have Canadian experience and I didn't get paid in Canada so that was a big one... But I met the eligibility requirements under CEC so that's great :)

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
The general rule is no biometric required for nonaccompanying dependents, but as I understood it is the discretion of the office processing your application. My LVO also asked for biometric for my nonaccompanying spouse. Although in my case, they first asked me to pay it.
That makes sense. The officers discretion. My wife was denied dependent visa for US twice. May be it has something to do with it. Weird part is they never asked me to pay for it.

Where did you get the request for payment? did you get an email about it? or your portal was updated? I just want to make sure that I did not miss some update.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
That makes sense. The officers discretion. My wife was denied dependent visa for US twice. May be it has something to do with it. Weird part is they never asked me to pay for it.

Where did you get the request for payment? did you get an email about it? or your portal was updated? I just want to make sure that I did not miss some update.
The first time the request was via the MyCic portal. I got an email from the system that they are waiting for my action, so I logged into the portal and found the message with the attachment. However, the ADR document I received didn't mention the biometric payment is for my spouse, so I showed them my biometric payment receipt. A month later the request came from my LVO via email this time clarifying that it was for my spouse biometric payment.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
The first time the request was via the MyCic portal. I got an email from the system that they are waiting for my action, so I logged into the portal and found the message with the attachment. However, the ADR document I received didn't mention the biometric payment is for my spouse, so I showed them my biometric payment receipt. A month later the request came from my LVO via email this time clarifying that it was for my spouse biometric payment.
I have made a webform request to explain why they need my spouses biometrics. I will make a payment anyway if they don't reply and wait for VFS offices to open in India. Better to just give it rather than to deny them biometrics and get my application rejected.

Reactions: nns14

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi all,

I applied for GCMS notes back on May 20 and received them June 9. I saw that the Case Analyst put recommend pass (march 3) and above that I saw Officer review (May 15). It seems that basically everything was passed. I saw that all requirements were met and the file is ready for approval. Does that mean that I’m basically waiting for PPR? Would just like to clarify this. I know I’m not getting it any time soon due to covid-19. Just wanted to know if I’m in the clear. Btw I’m FSW-O

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi all,

I applied for GCMS notes back on May 20 and received them June 9. I saw that the Case Analyst put recommend pass (march 3) and above that I saw Officer review (May 15). It seems that basically everything was passed. I saw that all requirements were met and the file is ready for approval. Does that mean that I’m basically waiting for PPR? Would just like to clarify this. I know I’m not getting it any time soon due to covid-19. Just wanted to know if I’m in the clear. Btw I’m FSW-O
YES....Congratulations

June 2014 AINP

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Hi all,

Same Scenario here.. FSWO
Even the GCMS says application sent for COPR printing back on feb 26 2020.. but file is untouched since then coz of covid 19..

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Same Scenario here.. FSWO
Even the GCMS says application sent for COPR printing back on feb 26 2020.. but file is untouched since then coz of covid 19..
Oh wow you were even closer than me. If covid 19 had happened a little later you would have definitely gotten copr.