+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
do you receive any notification on ecas gckey or email if file is being transfered or not when i called last time they said it might trasnfer to london visa office but didnt tell me when

MrsMac_Cab

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-03-2019
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2019

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
congrads ! you didnt do backaround check
Background check starts the moment your application is linked and ends when your entire process ends. In other words.. ignore it for now. It's not the next step. You're better off worrying about file transfer, medicals/biometrics, additional documentation, etc (Which are more accurate indicators of how advanced/behind your application is)

Background check can take few days to months.. there are people from 2017 and their background check is still going on.
Yes, that's where you find your background check status. Background check starts at the same time of eligibility check. (details check out here at the "application review steps" https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=709154918)
Honestly, just ignore it, lol. Background check starts the moment you link your CGkey and stays processing until you are approved.
For me background check is in progress since start.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
do you receive any notification on ecas gckey or email if file is being transfered or not when i called last time they said it might trasnfer to london visa office but didnt tell me when
I received an email notification when our file was transferred to our VO. But we didn't get AOR2 (we didn't get a notification for when the file was received up until we got DM on ECAS).

Reactions: DepNG

Arvind 1991

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I had received my ppr in novermber 2018 but before landing I got married and added my spouse in the application
I applied to add my spouse in the application on 29th april and did my medicals again on may 22nd after i got another request from them
I received a medical surveillance undertaking on my cic on 18 June
Yet not received the ppr
Has anyone else gone through the same situation..
So is it normal?

Kindly let me know if anyone has any information on this.

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
Hello everyone,

I had received my ppr in novermber 2018 but before landing I got married and added my spouse in the application
I applied to add my spouse in the application on 29th april and did my medicals again on may 22nd after i got another request from them
I received a medical surveillance undertaking on my cic on 18 June
Yet not received the ppr
Has anyone else gone through the same situation..
So is it normal?

Kindly let me know if anyone has any information on this.
To be 100% honest, I think you have higher chances of finding someone with a similar case as yours in one of the subforums here dedicated towards Express Entry. People in this forum are either Canadian citizens sponsoring their spouses (meaning, they have never landed as PR in the first place) or PRs that have already landed and thus going through the process of sponsoring through the Family Class Sponsorship route. :p

Hopefully you do find some help around here though!

Reactions: erinennis26

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
It's been 161 days since our application was received. I've noticed many people getting DM around the 160 day mark, I hope that this is our week! We haven't heard anything new since biometric request at the end of May. Fingers crossed and staying positive! :)

Reactions: Kayecherry