+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

melylags

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
I would make an appointment. USCIS centers only have two weeks at a time for booking an appointment on their website. I went to the SLC one, and had scheduled the appointment two weeks out from when I received my biometrics request. And when I got there the day of the appointment the officers that check you in through the metal detector ask to see the appointment sheet as well as your biometric request sheet, so I don't think they let you in if you don't have an appointment.

The SLC USCIS was busy. My appointment was for 10am, but I sat there for a good 30-40 minutes before they got to me. Hope this helps.
You made an appointment, keep it. But if you are near a USCIS you can def try to walk in and see if you can get in earlier, but being they ask for proof of biometrics request and appointment, I don't think you'll have much luck. It's worth a shot though!
Thanks for your input. I ended up booking the appointment on June 6 right when the center opens (8 am) to try to avoid long lines.

Reactions: pettar2462

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Oh wow! I will never be able to understand their process. You got biometrics request twice and then there are us and many others from last year who are still waiting for their first Biometrics Instructions Letter.
I'm telling you they are unpredictable. I'm feeling sorry for 2017 and 2018 applicants who are still waiting to hear updates from them.

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Same, did you pay for biometrics upfront or upon request? Because we paid for it in February and still no biometrics...

We paid for ours the end of March . But when I called and asked they told me it wasn’t added to the file until April 6th. Every time I call asking when we will get it or if they sent it they just keep telling me to wait . Even though I know that I still keep calling every couple weeks to check and ask

visheshkathuria

May 29, 2019
Richland, WA & Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
Mar 10, 2019
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2019
Med's Done....
Mar 29, 2019
We paid for ours the end of March . But when I called and asked they told me it wasn’t added to the file until April 6th. Every time I call asking when we will get it or if they sent it they just keep telling me to wait . Even though I know that I still keep calling every couple weeks to check and ask
I guess it's useless to ask anything on the phone or CSE as all they say is "Everything looks in order for your application, we will contact you if there is an update or we need something".

Reactions: Beatkedd and sveta

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I guess it's useless to ask anything on the phone or CSE as all they say is "Everything looks in order for your application, we will contact you if there is an update or we need something".
The call center has nothing to do with the actual officers processing your file. They constantly give our inconsistent or incorrect information. Most of the times best to not rely on them.

Deep1308

May 29, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
paris
App. Filed.......
08-01-2019
Doc's Request.
no
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
06-03-2019
Hi, my file was also transfered to Paris VO on May 13, need to know what is the processing time, just to have an idea...
Hi
Not sure either what's the processing time but my file got transferred on march 8 ,2019 and so update on ecas . I emailed paris immigration. No response.
Just waiting waiting and waiting.

Reactions: Omarwehbi

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Hi everybody,
I was just wondering if anyone had experience here with sending their PPR documents to CPC-Ottawa and how long it usually takes to get back the COPR?

Thanks in advance!
It's going to be one week tomorrow since CPC-Ottawa received my PPR docs, so I'll keep you updated when I receive my COPR. When did they receive yours? I heard it doesn't go beyond 2 weeks though. Congrats on the PPR approval btw!

Reactions: corrheag

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
So it seems like we are not the only ones waiting a long time for the file transfer.
So far the following applicants appear to be in the same boat:
@sveta @visheshkathuria @Beatkedd @Adeena @LeticiaKay @beethoven5
So I propose that we keep each other updated on our statuses.
There are more people that just these. If you check the tracker for January 2019 Outland you will see. I am now dealing with extra medical testing for my step daughter but we are Jan. 4th AOR and no biometrics or transfer.

Many others didn't get biometrics done until after their file was transferred, close to the end of the process, so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the process.

Reactions: beethoven5

Gordy-19

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Hi all,
Since my question is now hidden behind multiple posts I repeat it here...
Is there anyone still waiting for file transfer for around 2 months?
I also sincerely request everyone to ask their questions together in one post if possible!
I'm on the same boat as you.. haven't received my file transfer just yet..
just have to wait I guess.. hang in there.

Reactions: beethoven5

p.w

May 16, 2019
It's going to be one week tomorrow since CPC-Ottawa received my PPR docs, so I'll keep you updated when I receive my COPR. When did they receive yours? I heard it doesn't go beyond 2 weeks though. Congrats on the PPR approval btw!
Okay great! They received my Ppr docs on the 22nd of May. So hoping it should be soon! Good luck!

Reactions: phushcan

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
got PPR
here is timeline
RECEIVED - 13th March
AOR - 11th April
SA - 29th April
BIO FEE REQUEST - 30th April
MOVED TO VISA OFFICE MISSUSAGA - 1st May
MEDICAL REQUEST - 2nd May
MECIAL GIVEN - 3rd May
BIO REQUEST - 8th May
MEDICAL PASSED - 9th May
BIO GIVEN - 13th May
BIO PASSED - 13th May
DECISION MADE - 28th May
PPR - 30th May :)

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
got PPR
here is timeline
RECEIVED - 13th March
AOR - 11th April
SA - 29th April
BIO FEE REQUEST - 30th April
MOVED TO VISA OFFICE MISSUSAGA - 1st May
MEDICAL REQUEST - 2nd May
MECIAL GIVEN - 3rd May
BIO REQUEST - 8th May
MEDICAL PASSED - 9th May
BIO GIVEN - 13th May
BIO PASSED - 13th May
DECISION MADE - 28th May
PPR - 30th May :)
Whooa congrats! I think you've set the new record of fastest time to receive PPR from the time app is received. 2.5 months.

Reactions: Sid6767