+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

pettar2462

Jan 25, 2016
To the American PA's--have you guys considered waiting inland while the outland process is ongoing or would this logistically be too difficult? That's what my husband and I are doing, I just bought a plane ticket for next month and we'll drive across the border to do biometrics if I still haven't gotten the request by then. We've been separated for far too long (married almost a year ago, started dating nearly 8 years ago) and we can no longer wait. But of course, logistically this is a bit simpler for me seeing as I am currently living with my parents and I work at a school, so my work year will be finished by next month. I know not everyone has similar circumstances, but it's just a thought/suggestion.

My wife and I are doing this currently. I'm American, and we applied outland. I've been coming back and forth between Canada and the states in two month stints at a time. Our imm. lawyer said we weren't doing anything wrong by doing this, as long as I stated it every time I came through customs. It's up to the border/customs people if they want to let me in or not. So far we haven't had any issues (knock on wood) Granted I print EVERYTHING off in case I do get hauled off to secondary.

The sucky thing is after I finished doing my medical I flew back up to Canada, and not a week later they requested my biometrics. Which I had to fly back to do down to the states. I waited a few weeks to do so, because plane tickets were expensive. So that was kind of a pain, since we didn't really know the timeline of when they would want the biometrics done, and it kind of seemed all over the place with other applicants.

Now I'm back in Canada for a month, or until we get a passport request, then I'll head back down and wait that out. (Also, I'm a freelancer/contractor web and graphic designer, so work isn't any issue with "visiting", as long as my clients remain American. I also state this at customs - but only when they ask what I do for a living haha) Hope that helps a wee bit.

bhangu9192

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Doc's Request.
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
waiting
Feb 25 applicant got DM under PA today ..... still waiting after submitting additional docs ....
When did you submit the additional documents ? And when was your application received ? Mine was 24 Jan and additional documents was received on 24 April .. seems like 24 is the number for me !! Hopefully, gets the PPR on 24 of May lol

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
When did you submit the additional documents ? And when was your application received ? Mine was 24 Jan and additional documents was received on 24 April .. seems like 24 is the number for me !! Hopefully, gets the PPR on 24 of May lol
whats you adr for?

bhangu9192

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Doc's Request.
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
waiting
Birth certificate late registration, Voter id and marksheets . Did they ask you ?
Nope just Proof of relationship like marriage pictures, honeymoon pictures and joint account if any, outing pictures and financial transactions between me and my spouse !

Reactions: Sid6767

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
its ghost update soon you will get PPR :)
I don't remember getting an email notifying me about a message in my account - for a ghost update.
The whole idea of it being a "Ghost" update is that there is no other indication of any sort except a temp "Application/ Profile updated" status on the account.

sorry to be bearer of bad news, but just want to avoid adding to an already confusing process.

EDIT: its not really bad news. just clarification on what a "ghost update" is as per my understanding of it. I received one a day before getting DM eCAS.

Last edited:

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
even I got DM on ECAS today but on CIC account it still says we are reviewing the additional docs you provided.

What the heck is going on?

Any idea guys?
Relax. The CIC account will get updated when the local VO stamp visa or issue COPR. I use "or" instead of "and" because if you're from a visa exempt country you will only receive COPR. In either case, nothing to worry.

Oh and, Congratulations!! :D

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
even I got DM on ECAS today but on CIC account it still says we are reviewing the additional docs you provided.

What the heck is going on?

Any idea guys?
Congrats , that’s Ppr If it’s under Pa in ecas . When did they ask your additional docs and what did they ask ?