+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
How did you receive the letter? Email or mail
It is recommended that you create a GCkey account. That's where you get most of the updates (I assume..) If you don't have one and your application isn't linked, they will most likely send you the request letter via e-mail with an attachment.

Nobody gets mail anymore as far as I know, as long as they have your e-mail in the system, they will communicate all correspondences electronically. I received the letter in the message section of my GCkey account. :)

Reactions: Rena29

dsquad96

Mar 12, 2019
Biometric request letter came unexpectedly today. I honestly thought it was going to take another few weeks..
Scheduled to get it completed on May 8th.
Before it came, did your GCKey say "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"?

Hensy

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Before it came, did your GCKey say "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"?
Yes it says that then they request for biometric by sending email to PA and uploading the letter to pay the fees for biometric

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
I do the same thing.
I feel insane! Lol I just want to be with my partner it’s been way too long but there’s nothing we can do but pray and wait. I can’t help but think that perhaps they will ask for additional documents and that they might not think our relationship is genuine but that’s probably just me overthinking because I’m so tired of waiting

melylags

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
I wonder if the American PA's (myself included) who haven't gotten their biometrics request yet were assigned to the same officer, and whichever officer that was didn't request biometrics because maybe they forgot to do it (since the requirement is new for Americans and January applicants were the first group of Americans that had to submit biometrics). And now it's up to whoever gets our case next in Mississauga to send the request. Of course this is pure speculation and I have no idea. I'm just super tired of waiting as well.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I feel insane! Lol I just want to be with my partner it’s been way too long but there’s nothing we can do but pray and wait. I can’t help but think that perhaps they will ask for additional documents and that they might not think our relationship is genuine but that’s probably just me overthinking because I’m so tired of waiting
Trust me I get it. I really would have liked to be able to move during the summer in the warm months and being off of school. I mean you can't help but get anxious and paranoid thinking things.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I wonder if the American PA's (myself included) who haven't gotten their biometrics request yet were assigned to the same officer, and whichever officer that was didn't request biometrics because maybe they forgot to do it (since the requirement is new for Americans and January applicants were the first group of Americans that had to submit biometrics). And now it's up to whoever gets our case next in Mississauga to send the request. Of course this is pure speculation and I have no idea. I'm just super tired of waiting as well.

Going from the Jan 2019 spreadsheet: LostInSpace was the 1st US applicant and they have PPR. al0h0m0ra and I (MustLoveCats) are tied for being the second as they received our apps on same day....al0h0m0ra got both requests and were passed, both of them actaully were sent biometric request 10-11 days after the medical was passed. And here's me- no biometric request and mine passed April 9 and nothing. Then Paul and Icaerus received the same day (6 days after mine and al0h0m0ra) and they got biometrics and meds done Paul got his biometrics just days after med passed and Icaerus got theirs 1 day of each other, then p.w. who got both requests 1 day of each other, then there is you and mahek286 whose app received same day and neither of you have gotten biometric request just had meds done, then ck42 and phuscan app received same day ck42 has nothing updated but phuscan had their med done and got biometics request today, and Brugonzalez7 and dsquad96 submitted at the same day near the end of the month and they are in the same boat and waiting for biometrics as meds passed.

It definitely seems messed up when American Feb and March applicants have received both requests, and that it really is not in order of received. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's bullshit.

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
Going from the Jan 2019 spreadsheet: LostInSpace was the 1st US applicant and they have PPR. al0h0m0ra and I (MustLoveCats) are tied for being the second as they received our apps on same day....al0h0m0ra got both requests and were passed, both of them actaully were sent biometric request 10-11 days after the medical was passed. And here's me- no biometric request and mine passed April 9 and nothing. Then Paul and Icaerus received the same day (6 days after mine and al0h0m0ra) and they got biometrics and meds done Paul got his biometrics just days after med passed and Icaerus got theirs 1 day of each other, then p.w. who got both requests 1 day of each other, then there is you and mahek286 whose app received same day and neither of you have gotten biometric request just had meds done, then ck42 and phuscan app received same day ck42 has nothing updated but phuscan had their med done and got biometics request today, and Brugonzalez7 and dsquad96 submitted at the same day near the end of the month and they are in the same boat and waiting for biometrics as meds passed.

It definitely seems messed up when American Feb and March applicants have received both requests, and that it really is not in order of received. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's bullshit.
If this help.. BIOMETRIC has NO effect on the speed of the processing of the application.
It is great that you have not received it yet because now you will receive it exactly when they will start processing your file so you will know when that happens. Its a blessing in disguise.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
If this help.. BIOMETRIC has NO effect on the speed of the processing of the application.
It is great that you have not received it yet because now you will receive it exactly when they will start processing your file so you will know when that happens. Its a blessing in disguise.
I don't really have high hopes about that especially when it doesn't make sense that apps received after mine have had both done.

Navu*

Apr 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
17 jan 2019
AOR Received.
5march
File Transfer...
19march
Med's Request
6march
Med's Done....
13march
Passport Req..
2may
App received 14jan 2019
AOR 5march
Biometric fees request 5march
Medical request -7march
Medical done -13march
SA -15march
File transfer CPC M- 15march
Biometric request -8april
Biometric done -11april
PPR -1may

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Hi thank you all and I'd like to share some nuggets of knowledge with the processing of the applications.

1. Everyone who has their file transferred to CPC-Mississauga, be grateful!!!! This is the best thing that could happen to your file. When I sent my application off to Sydney, the only thing in mind was to spend this Christmas 2019 and New year 2020 with my spouse, Little that I knew about the processing at that time. I am so grateful for IRCC's change in plan and making this process so fast that I'll get to spend 6 months of 2019 with my spouse as well. We've been in a relationship for 9 years and married for 5 months, long distance and goodbyes have almost killed us every time so I understand the pain and we need to pray and send good vibes to people whose file has NOT been transferred anywhere and transferred to local visa office which we know are not as fast.

2. Do not go by the date your file was received at the Sydney office. Compare your file by the date it was transferred to CPC-Mississauga. According to my observation, they do not prioritize people over people or country over the country. You still have an option to think that but its only gonna get you frustrated. There is a different protocol for USA and UK etc. applicants that's why their applications are taking longer. I mean you have other things to be grateful for like being from visa exempt country and already living in the first world etc.

3. If your file sent to CPC-M, do not compare your file with any other country applicant meaning compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges. It is very evident that there are country-specific officers who are experienced and trained in that particular country. For example, if one person from the Philippines got PPR whose file transferred on Mar 24 and you are Indian and your file transferred on Mar 15, do not compare yourself with that applicant and think that there is something wrong with your file. Philippines officer is different than an Indian officer.

4. If you see profile update on GCKey and its a ghost update meaning there is actually no update then start celebrating because you are gonna get good news on next day or after a couple of days if its a weekend.

5. These Indian applicants from January are going to hear good news very soon @MRM8789, @bhangu9192, @Hensy, @Impatient1, @Irshaddd khan, @konaath, @mms6082, gill (from spreadsheet). If you make a new spreadsheet of January applicants separated by countries(example:a separate one for just Indian applicants) and sorted by the date file transferred to CPC-M. You will see when its your turn.
Good Luck everyone!
Thanks for the uplifting post! I think the points you've made are valid. I'm trying to have a balanced perspective about the positive and negative aspects of our personal application. I'm fortunate that my partner is visa exempt, so he can come back whenever he likes, BUT Australia is like the furthest away he could physically be from me haha. And he wouldn't be able to work even if he did come back before PR is granted. However, we're both healthy and getting quality time with our families which is worth something too. Our application was straightforward and organized extremely well and we're not bringing along any dependents so those are also positives. We might not get any news for another month or two, but maybe once we do it will go very quickly. Here's hoping anyways!

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hello guys !
I am April 10 AOR applicant .
The day they have sent me my application number I noticed that they forgot to put one letter at the end of my husbands name .
My husband submitted webforms since then and I call them so many times since I wasn’t the representative of my husband I had to submit a a form which I did too .
But they didn’t fix it yet .
Got biometrics and medical request now have no idea what to do any suggestions?
Thanks

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Yes, that's what it said before the letter came. Then today, exactly 2 weeks from the time the biometric fee receipt was forwarded (4/16) and file transferred to CPC-M (4/17), the biometric status changed to "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." I checked my message and there it was, the 'Biometric Collection Request'.

Reactions: FVPupnorth