+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It's frustrating as he'll that some people complete the entire process in 4 to 6 months and others 2 times as long. And calling immigration for a response to that concern is a complete waste of time. This process is unfair to be honest.
As difficult as it is, do not compare your application to others. Every app is different. While it's great some apps are processed faster, 12 months is a target for 80% of straightforward cases. There are many factors that tie into processing times. Don't get frustrated, you will get there too.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Ohk thanks, last thing I want to ask could u please tell me after biometrics submission what was shown in cic account ?coz mine still shows we need ur fingerprints
If u see biometrics enrolment number and date and expiry date then u r good. They will update status later on.

Reactions: Impatient1

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Application Received January 28
AOR1 March 14
Background/check processing March 15
SA March 15
Medical request March 15
File Transferred to Mississauga March 20
Medical Passed March 28
Nothing since; Biometrics fee was paid upfront with application.
Seems like you've been waiting for biometric request letter as well; even longer from the time you submitted the fee. Welcome to our club! lol

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Called in.. got told the file’s in Canada (CPC-M) and that I should keep calm its progressing quite fast given the 12 month process timeline :p
Hi, impatient. Did you get file transfer email? Did you complete biometric as yet? Also what’s your timeline? When did they receive your application?

vskhosa

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I just want to thank everyone here for helping each other and answering so many questions. Its really great to see a diverse community here trying to help out others in need.
My application got approved today in about 4 months. I understand that there are many fellow applicants who are eagerly waiting to get the process completed so that they can reunite with their loved ones. I know exactly how it feels to stay far from who we love. In last 8 years, I have visited my wife (then girlfriend) for only 3 times.
I never expected it to get approved so quickly. Funny thing is that my wife can't even come to Canada until end of September as she is under a contract which she doesn't want to break. She wants to resign on good terms.
So even though our application is approved and my wife has her COPR in her hands, she wont be here until September.

I really wish everyone all the best and I hope you all get the process completed asap. I might not follow the forum actively anymore, but please feel free to tag me or message me directly if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks again. And sorry for the long post.

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I just want to thank everyone here for helping each other and answering so many questions. Its really great to see a diverse community here trying to help out others in need.
My application got approved today in about 4 months. I understand that there are many fellow applicants who are eagerly waiting to get the process completed so that they can reunite with their loved ones. I know exactly how it feels to stay far from who we love. In last 8 years, I have visited my wife (then girlfriend) for only 3 times.
I never expected it to get approved so quickly. Funny thing is that my wife can't even come to Canada until end of September as she is under a contract which she doesn't want to break. She wants to resign on good terms.
So even though our application is approved and my wife has her COPR in her hands, she wont be here until September.

I really wish everyone all the best and I hope you all get the process completed asap. I might not follow the forum actively anymore, but please feel free to tag me or message me directly if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks again. And sorry for the long post.
Well said!
Thanks for going through the journey with all of us!
All the best in the future for you and your family!