+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

dyla18689

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
@dyla18689 i didn’t even get AOR. I checked ecas with Sponsor’s uci bcoz receipt number is not working . It just shows Application Received so i m worried . Should they be returning ??
I really hope they don't. My reading tells me that if ecas is updated they shouldn't be returning the application. I just hope that's the case and they haven't changed the way they operate

Edit: I didn't get aor either

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Guys,

I got an update on ECAS:
In front of the Sponsored person name below Sponsorship application status:
Decision made

Is this sponsor approval?
Yes. Congrats!

Reactions: TIL

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
Hey Guys !

New to the forum,
Application received Jan 29th,
AOR and S.A and medical all came through on March 12th !

Did anyone else have this ?
I’m outland but living in Vancouver and I am waiting for them to request biometrics but can’t book flights back to UK until I get the request! Any chance they won’t ask for them because they see our address as being in Canada ?
I will be voiding my visitor record once I leave to get them so really hope this doesn’t happen.

Love to know if anyone else in the same boat!
Thank you

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hey Guys !

New to the forum,

I’m outland but living in Vancouver and I am waiting for them to request biometrics but can’t book flights back to UK until I get the request! Any chance they won’t ask for them because they see our address as being in Canada ?
I will be voiding my visitor record once I leave to get them so really hope this doesn’t happen.

Thank you
Hi welcome aboard! Do you mind me asking how long have you been living in canada and what document are you holding for your residency in Canada?(eg study permit, work permit)

If you have been residing in Canada for more than 6 months, it's mostly likely CIC is going to request you to do a RCMP biometrics, this can be done ahead of time. After you submit your e-fingerprint from authorized agency, RCMP is going to mail (to an address you give them) a copy of your criminal record to you. Then you can submit a scan copy of this when they request RCMP criminal record.

However please call cic and double check with an agent to make sure this apply to you.

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
Hi welcome aboard! Do you mind me asking how long have you been living in canada and what document are you holding for your residency in Canada?(eg study permit, work permit)

If you have been residing in Canada for more than 6 months, it's mostly likely CIC is going to request you to do a RCMP biometrics, this can be done ahead of time. After you submit your e-fingerprint from authorized agency, RCMP is going to mail (to an address you give them) a copy of your criminal record to you. Then you can submit a scan copy of this when they request RCMP criminal record.

However please call cic and double check with an agent to make sure this apply to you.

Hi :) Thank you for your quick response,
I was here on the IEC work visa till November 2017.
Then I was back in Canada since June 2018 as Visitor- living with my partner. On visitor record now.
It will suck if I have to leave and void the visitor record just to obtain the biometrics in UK but looks like I probably won't get out of it! :(

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hi :) Thank you for your quick response,
I was here on the IEC work visa till November 2017.
Then I was back in Canada since June 2018 as Visitor- living with my partner. On visitor record now.
It will suck if I have to leave and void the visitor record just to obtain the biometrics in UK but looks like I probably won't get out of it! :(
No problem. This sounds like a very specific question and I think some people with more experience may be able to help, if you post a thread this this forum:)

Reactions: Larangharad

lovemywife

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Got Biometric request , AOR received yesterday .

As PA is from India , Trying to schedule appointment , do I need to select “emergency enrolments” or regular one for biometric @vinitmenon ?

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Hey Guys !

New to the forum,

Thank you
I am the same as you! Been living here since April 2016 on a work permit which is still valid, so I’m hoping I don’t have to leave to give biometrics! I still haven’t had a request yet so I’m crossing my fingers for us!

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
I am the same as you! Been living here since April 2016 on a work permit which is still valid, so I’m hoping I don’t have to leave to give biometrics! I still haven’t had a request yet so I’m crossing my fingers for us!

Hey Leticia !

Wher are you in Canada ? And when did you get AOR ?
Yeh I’m really hoping they see that we are residing here and the only reason we would leave would be for my biometrics. It seems SO unpractical!

I was sure I was exempt from Biometrics because I reside in Canada, have valid status and a valid eTA and there were / are no offices set up in Canada yet to do the biometrics. But then I was told anyone applying for Outland has to do them. But they are so new that I’m sure it’s been to hard to enroll for maybe more specific cases like ours I don’t know. We should keep in touch! And yes.... we shall see !

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hey guys,

Is anyone sponsored a newborn baby after the sponsorship approval for spouse PR application? I have informed about my newborn (outside Canada) to CIC along with the birth certificate. I have got a reply. In the following reply, I am confused about the blue color sentence. As I am a sponsor and my spouse is a PR applicant, who is going to add a newborn to the application. I am sponsoring my spouse, so how does she able to sponsor a newborn? Please share your experinecne

"-,------------------if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Thank you.

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Hey Leticia !

Wher are you in Canada ? And when did you get AOR ?
Yeh I’m really hoping they see that we are residing here and the only reason we would leave would be for my biometrics. It seems SO unpractical!

I was sure I was exempt from Biometrics because I reside in Canada, have valid status and a valid eTA and there were / are no offices set up in Canada yet to do the biometrics. But then I was told anyone applying for Outland has to do them. But they are so new that I’m sure it’s been to hard to enroll for maybe more specific cases like ours I don’t know. We should keep in touch! And yes.... we shall see !
I also thought they meant RCMP biometrics then I realized they didn’t! So I started to stress as I have a newborn and travelling abroad just for that is just super inconvenient for me right now haha!
Yes let’s stay in touch and see. I received my AOR on Feb 27th and I live in Victoria on Vancouver island.

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
I also thought they meant RCMP biometrics then I realized they didn’t! So I started to stress as I have a newborn and travelling abroad just for that is just super inconvenient for me right now haha!
Yes let’s stay in touch and see. I received my AOR on Feb 27th and I live in Victoria on Vancouver island.

I’m in Vancouver ! Actually visiting Victoria next week ha ha.
Yeh it would be really, really inconvenient, and then just coming back through borders is stressful. I really hope they realise that some people would just not be able to leave like that.

:(

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
I’m in Vancouver ! Actually visiting Victoria next week ha ha.
Yeh it would be really, really inconvenient, and then just coming back through borders is stressful. I really hope they realise that some people would just not be able to leave like that.

:(
Hi guys/gals, I have been residing in Canada since 2011 and also applied Outland. I was requested to do RCMP biometrics in Canada instead of doing regular biometrics in my home country, I hope this can reassure you guys!

Reactions: Larangharad