+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

vskhosa

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi Guys,
Happy to inform that I was able to link my application to my account. My application was received on January 10th.
I haven't received the AOR yet and I am not able to get any application info on ECAS.
My application status shows "Pending Registration" after linking to my account.

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
Hi Guys,
Happy to inform that I was able to link my application to my account. My application was received on January 10th.
I haven't received the AOR yet and I am not able to get any application info on ECAS.
Hi. How were you able to link your application without an AOR (UCI/Application number) or getting into ECAS. I have read repeatedly that people have used their receipt number but that does not work for me.

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Hi Guys,
I just linked mine too! I haven’t got my AOR yet though! Jan 11th!

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
A few questions that I'd appreciate help with...

1) Is there a reason to create and link accounts now that we have a UCI and Application Number? What is the benefit? Are we not going to receive updates via email since we entered that anyway on the forms?
2) At which point can we put in a work permit request for my wife, I'm assuming after her PR gets approved since we did Outland?
3) Where would we need to do the medical exam as she is American? Can it be done in Canada (we live together here), or do we have to go to the States for that?
4) Biometrics, she's done her FBI background check already (provided results with the initial application); what more would be expected here?

Thanks to any info you can provide.
1. You don't have to link them if you don't want to. It's basically so that you can get an overview of where things are in the process. It's also where you can download the PDF request forms for biometrics & medical, but I believe if you don't link the account they just come straight to email anyway.
2. I'm not aware of any way to get a work permit before she gets her actual PR since, as you say, you didn't do it the inland route.
3. You can do it in Canada, though you might want to shop around a bit for the best price since you'll be paying out of pocket and different clinics have different rates.
4. Biometrics is not the same as the FBI background check. She will still have to go to provide her fingerprints and photo at a centre closest to you (probably across the border in the US).

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
1. You don't have to link them if you don't want to. It's basically so that you can get an overview of where things are in the process. It's also where you can download the PDF request forms for biometrics & medical, but I believe if you don't link the account they just come straight to email anyway.
2. I'm not aware of any way to get a work permit before she gets her actual PR since, as you say, you didn't do it the inland route.
3. You can do it in Canada, though you might want to shop around a bit for the best price since you'll be paying out of pocket and different clinics have different rates.
4. Biometrics is not the same as the FBI background check. She will still have to go to provide her fingerprints and photo at a centre closest to you (probably across the border in the US).
2. You're not eligible for a work permit if you're an out-land. And after getting a PR she won't need it.

Reactions: JoshC

vskhosa

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi. How were you able to link your application without an AOR (UCI/Application number) or getting into ECAS. I have read repeatedly that people have used their receipt number but that does not work for me.
I just used PA details to link the application. You dont need the application number.

Reactions: MrsMac_Cab

Bamib0111

Aug 27, 2018
Hi Guys,
Please how did you link your application. AOR received now. Jan. 8