+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Man yours are so fast! The RCMP biometric records is going to be mailed(Canada post is slow as always) to me, then I need to scan it and upload it through webform by myself. God knows how long its gonna take lol
Hi, I got request to provide RCMP criminal record check, did you get same request or just to provide fingerprint? Can u tell me how i can get this criminal record check for my PA, thanks in advance

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hi, I got request to provide RCMP criminal record check, did you get same request or just to provide fingerprint? Can u tell me how i can get this criminal record check for my PA, thanks in advance
Where are you located in Canada if you don’t mind me asking?

Basically you need to go to an authorized place to submit your fingerprints then they check it in national crime records see if you match anything. Once they finish they would mail you a letter to the address you provided when you did your fingerprints. You need to scan the copy and upload it by yourself.

There are two ways of recording your fingerprints, do e-fingerprints if that’s accessible for you, it’s a lot faster. The ink one need to be mailed back and forth between you and RCMP it takes forever.

I’m located in Toronto and I did it at Red seal notary, no appointment required: https://www.redsealnotary.com/fingerprinting.html

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Where are you located in Canada if you don’t mind me asking?

Basically you need to go to an authorized place to submit your fingerprints then they check it in national crime records see if you match anything. Once they finish they would mail you a letter to the address you provided when you did your fingerprints. You need to scan the copy and upload it by yourself.

There are two ways of recording your fingerprints, do e-fingerprints if that’s accessible for you, it’s a lot faster. The ink one need to be mailed back and forth between you and RCMP it takes forever.

I’m located in Toronto and I did it at Red seal notary, no appointment required: https://www.redsealnotary.com/fingerprinting.html
Thanks for the reply, we are located in victoria, bc.

Reactions: rbbt0824

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Can someone please advise? I just received an email saying:

Dear XXXXX:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $550.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks."

Why am I getting a refund??

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Can someone please advise? I just received an email saying:

Dear XXXXX:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $550.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks."

Why am I getting a refund??
How many family members are in your application and how much did you pay?

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
How many family members are in your application and how much did you pay?
I payed for everything upfront: 1,675.00 CAD

Just one person in the application, my common law partner (PA). We have no children or dependants. I think it must be that I paid Biometric fee ($85) Sponsor your spouse or partner ($1,040) AND Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee ($550).

That must be it right? I mistakenly paid "Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee ($550)."

I was freaking out thinking they were refusing our application!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018

I think it must be that I paid Biometric fee ($85) Sponsor your spouse or partner ($1,040) AND Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee ($550).

That must be it right? I mistakenly paid "Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee ($550)."

Ok, do you have just one person in your application (your spouse)? If yes, then calm down, it's ok, you just overpaid and they are now refunding you that part. You should have paid 1040+85 only. Relax and wait for your refund :)

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Ok, am I right that you have just one person in your application (your spouse)? If yes, thank calm down, it's ok, you just overpaid and they are now refunding you that part. You should have paid 1040+85 only. Relax and wait for your refund :)
Oh heavens, thank you! My heart nearly fell out of my chest haha.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012

Just one person in the application, my common law partner (PA). We have no children or dependants. I think it must be that I paid Biometric fee ($85) Sponsor your spouse or partner ($1,040) AND Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee ($550).

You over-paid.

Rena29

Mar 3, 2019
It took them 3 days to see my receipt and forward it to the officer. How many days has it been for you?
It’s been 4 days now I mailed the receipt in which was received and signed for , and I also used web form to send a copy too .

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
It’s been 4 days now I mailed the receipt in which was received and signed for , and I also used web form to send a copy too .
They wrote very clearly in the email that use one and only one method to send it. I follow instructions to a tee. Never send them multiple requests or web forms if you have not received reply from the first one. You’ll be getting the message soon that they have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Last edited:

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
Just went to the agency. Really bad news. They haven’t sent our application last january 7. That’s why the rep can’t provide me received date cause she did not sent it. She just sent my application last March 7. This is really heart breaking going to sue them and demand for refund. It’s not easy to just wait for nothing. :(
That is so unprofessional of her. Make sure you review her so she doesn’t do it someone else. That is so upsetting and unacceptable. She could have told you so you could have sent it right away yourself. Yeah sue her lazy butt.

Rena29

Mar 3, 2019
They wrote very clearly in the email that use one and only one method to send it. I follow instructions to a tee. Never send them multiple requests or web forms if you have not received reply from the first one. You’ll be getting the message soon that they have forwarded it to the responsible office.
I know I seen used one method at that time I never got the webform link so I mailed it first and then I tried webform just in case it was the correct way to send it , but I am still waiting, thank you