24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Hello everyone,
I'm able to access my detail through this ecas link.
Application received on jan-17-2019
I'm a Jan 17 applicant too! So this is great news :) I'll keep checking my ecas account for updates then

Reactions: roan101 and svilli

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I have a couple questions. So because I am stubborn and persistent, I went back on to the ECAS website this time using my husband's information and a lot more came up. I was able to see both Spousal Sponsorship and Permanent Residence.

When I click on Spousal Sponsorship I see:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor (my name) on January 11, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 1, 2019.

Which date would be our AOR? And does that mean that CIC might have sent an email to my husband instead of our rep?

And on the main page it says right above the boxes with my name and the sponsorship and permanent residence I see:

Sponsorship Application(s)
The person you are sponsoring can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status on their permanent resident application by creating an online account. Find out how.

Can I create an account for that despite having a rep? I mean the rep would be for the spousal sponsorship right?

Please advise and thank you.

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
I have a couple questions. So because I am stubborn and persistent, I went back on to the ECAS website this time using my husband's information and a lot more came up. I was able to see both Spousal Sponsorship and Permanent Residence.

Sponsorship
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2019.

Which date would be our AOR? And does that mean that CIC might have sent an email to my husband instead of our rep?

And on the main page it says right above the boxes with my name and the sponsorship and permanent residence I see:

The person you are sponsoring can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status on their permanent resident application by creating an online account. Find out how.

Can I create an account for that despite having a rep? I mean the rep would be for the spousal sponsorship right?

Others can attest to this, but I was the only one who got the AOR email (sponsor), my husband(PA) didn't get any AOR confirmation. There is a chance your representative has already gotten that AOR email and, because it was Saturday/Sunday, they were not in the office to forward this to you. Even if they have not sent in your AOR email, that information on ECAS is the exact same information I have on mine so you're in the clear! :)

My guess is, because AOR stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt, your AOR date is March 2nd. And I think the rep is the person responsible for the CIC account, other people with reps will be able to provide more info on this.

Also, I completely relate to your restlessness, this is something that is clearly very important to all of us in this forum, hence the whole: creating a user and checking on each other's progresses to see how close we are to being able to be with our loved one.

Last edited:

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019

Sponsorship

the second message are basically saying you are getting your AOR! Congrats!

If you have a rep it’s most likely going to be sent to his/her email. It could take a little time to get the email the system doesn’t always send email right away.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Others can attest to this, but I was the only one who got the AOR email (sponsor), my husband(PA) didn't get any AOR confirmation. There is a chance your representative has already gotten that AOR email and, because it was Saturday/Sunday, they were not in the office to forward this to you. Even if they have not sent in your AOR email, that information on ECAS is the exact same information I have on mine so you're in the clear! :)

My guess is, because AOR stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt, your AOR date is March 2nd. And I think the rep is the person responsible for the CIC account, other people with reps will be able to provide more info on this.

Also, I completely relate to your restlessness, this is something that is clearly very important to all of us in this forum, hence the whole: creating a user and checking on each other's progresses to see how close we are to being able to be with our loved one.

I sent a message to my husband with the updates and asked him to check his email but he said he didn't get anything so I am assuming our rep did and like you said because it's the weekend he may not see it until tomorrow.

It's just very confusing because I know I can't have a CIC account for the spousal sponsorship, I was wondering it that meant for the permanent residence too or if its combined together.

Thank you for clarification on the AOR.

I am glad you can relate! I am trying to keep patient but can't help getting anxious.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
the second message are basically saying you are getting your AOR! Congrats!

If you have a rep it’s most likely going to be sent to his/her email. It could take a little time to get the email the system doesn’t always send email right away.

Thank you. Those two lines were confusing especially since they were not listed in chronological order.

At least I can see it and will reach out to our rep by the end of the week or start of next week if we don't hear from him.

Will every step of the way be put on ECAS? Just in case there is a delay in what gets emailed to the rep. I think I'm most anxious about the medical and biometrics because I'm pretty sure the time limit is 30 days correct? My best option for the medical is going to my husband's city in Canada a couple hours away and getting it done there and they will send it to CIC. But the biometrics I am a little confused at. I saw there is one place locally that does it here but will they send the biometrics to CIC or will they give it to me and then I have to give to my rep to send in?

navya225

Mar 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
My application was received on 21 st jan,
Waiting for my AOR, can anyone pls tell me what is AOR 2 ?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019

Alohamora is correct, my husband recieved the AOR email (hes the sponsor) not me. I was going practically insane from wanting it already, but thank goodness I have him. He woke up before me and forwarded me the email as surprise. When I woke up and saw it I was so relieved and happy.

I see that it must be a bit harder with a representative considering you cant get things directly, but rest assured, the calmer you stay, the better :)

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Alohamora is correct, my husband recieved the AOR email (hes the sponsor) not me. I was going practically insane from wanting it already, but thank goodness I have him. He woke up before me and forwarded me the email as surprise. When I woke up and saw it I was so relieved and happy.

I see that it must be a bit harder with a representative considering you cant get things directly, but rest assured, the calmer you stay, the better :)

Thank you. I'll try to be. I'm a virgo so I'm naturally the sign of worry and anxiety lol.

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Thank you. Those two lines were confusing especially since they were not listed in chronological order.

At least I can see it and will reach out to our rep by the end of the week or start of next week if we don't hear from him.

Will every step of the way be put on ECAS? Just in case there is a delay in what gets emailed to the rep. I think I'm most anxious about the medical and biometrics because I'm pretty sure the time limit is 30 days correct? My best option for the medical is going to my husband's city in Canada a couple hours away and getting it done there and they will send it to CIC. But the biometrics I am a little confused at. I saw there is one place locally that does it here but will they send the biometrics to CIC or will they give it to me and then I have to give to my rep to send in?
Yes you will be getting updates from ECAS on PA’s side for medical and biometric request, but they will always send email updates to your rep with instructions about med exam and biometric.

Biometric: Not sure how you are going to get your biometric done. I did my RCMP biometric in Toronto, the report will be mailed to me and I will be sending a scan copy to my rep. (RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Let me know if this applies to you) no appointment needed just walk in and record your fingerprints. They could also ask for something else if this doesn’t apply to your case. You may need to find out on the email instruction.

Medical: there’s going to be a form along with your medical request. Most likely you will need it for your medical exam. eMedical system from your clinic only takes 5-10 business days to process your results and upload to the system. Nothing need to be done from your side. (Make sure they have eMedical when you book).

You can book this before getting medical request, better double check with your representative before doing this. (Find the doctors here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx)

Reactions: MustLoveCats

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
My application was received on 21 st jan,
Waiting for my AOR, can anyone pls tell me what is AOR 2 ?
After Sponsor Approval by Sydney, NS your file will be sent to Visa Office to process PR for applicant. Visa office depends on Principal Applicant current residency (in some cases they send to CPC Mississauga).
AOR 2 - acknowledged of receipt by Visa Office

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Yes you will be getting updates from ECAS on PA’s side for medical and biometric request, but they will always send email updates to your rep with instructions about med exam and biometric.

Biometric: Not sure how you are going to get your biometric done. I did my RCMP biometric in Toronto, the report will be mailed to me and I will be sending a scan copy to my rep. (RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Let me know if this applies to you) no appointment needed just walk in and record your fingerprints. They could also ask for something else if this doesn’t apply to your case. You may need to find out on the email instruction.

Medical: there’s going to be a form along with your medical request. Most likely you will need it for your medical exam. eMedical system from your clinic only takes 5-10 business days to process your results and upload to the system. Nothing need to be done from your side. (Make sure they have eMedical when you book).

You can book this before getting medical request, better double check with your representative before doing this. (Find the doctors here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx)

That is good to know that our rep will receive what I need to do in the email which would get passed on to me.

Biometric: I haven't lived anywhere except in Western New York my whole life. I live around Buffalo, NY. According to the CIC biometric page there is a Buffalo ASC office. I read some reviews and it does look like they do biometrics for Canada there. I can call tomorrow morning and find more information out.

Medical: In my state there is 1 doctor actually in my area but is rarely in the office and two other places but in NYC. As long as the doctor is listed on the CIC's Panel Physicians I can drive to Kitchener and have the medical exam done there correct? It doesn't need to be performed in my country or state?