Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Still no word on PPR for me. Hoping for tomorrow. It’s driving me a little crazy waiting, knowing it’s coming but not knowing when hahaha!!!

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
I got an e-mail yesterday, but only just saw it this morning: Passport Request.

Checked in on GCKey. Nothing there to show a decision made or passport request - just says they are still reviewing Eligibility, Background Checks as before.

Logged into ECAS - it now says Decision Made rather than "in progress" on the link to more details of status. However there are no new lines of text when I click through.

As a potential pattern, my PPR was also six days after giving Biometrics (given last Friday, PPR yesterday).

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

Checked in on GCKey. Nothing there to show a decision made or passport request - just says they are still reviewing Eligibility, Background Checks as before.

Logged into ECAS - it now says Decision Made rather than "in progress" on the link to more details of status. However there are no new lines of text when I click through.

As a potential pattern, my PPR was also six days after giving Biometrics (given last Friday, PPR yesterday).
Gckey wont change until you get your COPR.

Reactions: al0h0m0ra

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York

Congrats!!!! When did you get the line that they started processing? Last week?

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
Congrats!!!! When did you get the line that they started processing? Last week?
I didn’t notice it, but just checked and it says on line 2 in ECAS that they started processing on June 4.

The link on ECAS when you first log in had always said “in process”. Click the link and it takes you to the line by line information.

Last edited:

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
I didn’t notice it, but just checked and it says on line 2 in ECAS that they started processing on June 4.

The link on ECAS when you first log in had always said “in process”. Click the link and it takes you to the line by line information.
Yeah; I click on the link and the last entry is

1. We sent Brunil Gonzalez Diaz a letter on May 23, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
And this was my Biometrics request and nothing since. Biometrics still not uploaded on GCKey neither.

Reactions: dmanaig85

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Wow. How nuts. I have talked to the border officers I'm friendly with at my usual NEXUS crossing but they told me for soft landing or settling I have to go to the other 3 bridges and was told to do Wednesday as it would be easier as its the middle of the week. That is crazy that that is what I've been told and you encounter problems.
I don’t understand how they were maxed out either, especially since they supposedly do it from 8am-12am, but that was our experience.

We ended up going to another bridge (Rainbow) two days ago. Got there just before 8am and got placed in the intake area. Within minutes someone else came in to validate their COPR and they were told they maxed out and closed 5 mins ago. It was surprising because there weren’t that many people in the intake area. We sat around for quite some time before they processed any of us, but eventually we got called up. The border folks were really nice and took care of the validation relatively quickly and explained the travel rules while waiting for the PR card. So finally we got my wife’s COPR validated!

Anyone else considering doing this it would be best to go just before 8am. Don’t go too early as the CBSA will not allow you to sit and wait in the parking for them to start processing the COPR. You’ll have to flagpole again closer to 8am.

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
i know everone case is different in terms of backaround check but the people who received it how long did it take to finish your backaround check

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I don’t understand how they were maxed out either, especially since they supposedly do it from 8am-12am, but that was our experience.

We ended up going to another bridge (Rainbow) two days ago. Got there just before 8am and got placed in the intake area. Within minutes someone else came in to validate their COPR and they were told they maxed out and closed 5 mins ago. It was surprising because there weren’t that many people in the intake area. We sat around for quite some time before they processed any of us, but eventually we got called up. The border folks were really nice and took care of the validation relatively quickly and explained the travel rules while waiting for the PR card. So finally we got my wife’s COPR validated!

Anyone else considering doing this it would be best to go just before 8am. Don’t go too early as the CBSA will not allow you to sit and wait in the parking for them to start processing the COPR. You’ll have to flagpole again closer to 8am.

Wow that is crazy. Rainbow is the closest bridge from where my husband and I cross (whirlpool bridge for nexus card holders). I live closest to the peace bridge like 10-15 min drive. Queenstown Lewiston is the one most commonly used and heavy traffic and farthest from me. The officers there were the ones who told me to do the nexus to begin with.

It so insane. I mean I'm in a situation where I'll most likely have to do a soft landing when I get approved and actually settle next year. But just to tell my husband, he's coming down this weekend to see me, both PA and Sponsor have to be present? And this can only be done during the week and on Saturdays? Just trying to figure this out. What kind of questions did they ask her? I am pretty sure I can still travel back and forth by car without a PR card as long as that COPR is on me.

Oh and how early is too early? Just cannot believe you went through this. I mean geez how does that work when someone actually settles. I was told by officers if I arrived with a u-haul it would be a relatively fast and easy process since I'd be moving my things myself and not with a moving company, but damn you guys went through a lot.