App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
Mar 10, 2019
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2019
Med's Done....
Mar 29, 2019
hi i just called and they said they are working on backaround check for my husband if anyone who received a pr how long did your backaround check take and whats the next step when you call they dont give alot of inforamtion regarding file they keep saying 12 months
Hi @zainxo , I think you need to relax and take it easy. The process will take it's time and no one here can give you an exact approximation of the time it might take as it depends on the officer who is handling your file and many other factors. At least your spouse have done biometrics and they are checking background, in my case my wife is still waiting for biometrics request and file transfer. Let the process take it's time and soon you will hear the good news :)

Reactions: erinennis26

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
when i asked where my file is they said in sydney and your file will be processed there what does that mean

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
when i asked where my file is they said in sydney and your file will be processed there what does that mean
It means it has not been transferred to your Principal Applicant's Visa Office (VO). Which would be the next step. VO depends on the country from where the Principal Applicant is from. Some VOs are faster in processing than others.

Also, have you taken a look at the tracker for January? I can't see your name there but you can see other people's timelines and see how they honestly differ from everyone. Some people get biometrics first, others medical first, some people get transferred to VO before they completed biometrics, others did everything before being transferred (like yourself). Honestly your best bet is to continue waiting for file transfer to Visa Office (VO). They typically send you an email when this happens.

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
what is a tracker and my name here is not my legal name
If you click on the link on my signature that says 'App tracker' you will be taken to a big table with every Canadavisa Forum username of people who sent in their applications in January and all of the dates of each step within their process. For example, my username is al0h0m0ra, if you look in the table you will see that my timeline is on row 26.

Can someone add me to the tracker as well?
@visheshkathuria , I think the person who can do this is @JoshC ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
why do some files go to other countries such as india etc
It depends on the respective visa office that would be responsible for processing your file. For example, the London Visa Office in the UK is responsible for processing applications from Ireland (alongside many other countries). Oftentimes Irish applicant files go to London, sometimes outland Irish files remain in Canada for processing. There is no established process as to why they keep some and transfer others that's been announced by IRCC.

Reactions: zainxo

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
It means it has not been transferred to your Principal Applicant's Visa Office (VO). Which would be the next step. VO depends on the country from where the Principal Applicant is from. Some VOs are faster in processing than others.
@zainxo because of that I said above ^ It depends on the country of your spouse. If your spouse is from India then their application will most likely go to either Missisauga or New Delhi... other applicants have their files moved to France, or to Mexico, etc.

Mar 29, 2019
Finally!!! Got DM on e-case today. NDVO - January Application

Here is my application timeline:

Application received: 9th Jan, 2019
AoR 1: 27th Feb
Sponsorship Eligibility DM: 1st March
Medical Request: 1st March
Medicals Done: 5th March
Medicals Passed: 7th March
File Transfer to CPC - Mississauga: 8th March

File Transferred to NDVO - 21st April
AoR 2: 23rd April
Biometrics Request: 20th May
Biometrics Done: 24th May
Biometrics Passed: Still Waiting
DM: 5th June

Although we never received any ADR, there is a line on GCKey that has got me a bit confused, it goes like -
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
What does it mean?? Anyone knows what could it be for? Also, the current status on messages says 'Your action is required'.