+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Carolcarolsauce

Mar 17, 2019
Yep. It's beyond frustrating. I'm still waiting for the biometrics request. Some members in here are waiting for the same and even the transfer. I would have liked to move in the summer and start my life with my husband but who the hell knows when that will be. I'm sure it's well known from my posts how pissed I am.

same boat, same amount of angry. i think my situation is fairly simple. ive been married for almost 5 years and been together for 10. he has no criminal convictions, good standing citizen with high blood pressure, yet passed the test with flying colours... seriously, how hard is it to stamp and unite families. main reason people dont wanna come here. PAs feel like s*** because when they apply for a visa, they are denied for stupid reasons

Last edited:

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
same boat, same amount of angry. i think my situation is fairly simple. ive been married for almost 5 years and been together for 10. he has no criminal convictions, good standing citizen with high lood pressure, yet passed the test with flying colours... seriously, how hard is it to stamp and unite families. main reason people dont wanna come here. PAs feel like s*** because when they apply for a visa, they are denied for stupid reasons
I’ve been married for almost 2 years together for 6. Small wedding without my parents but everything was explained in a letter. We got 4 letters from my brother her mother cousin and a mutual friend. We got proof of financial support and of us posting online and other stuff. It’s crazy I don’t want to think we will get refused.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Got biometrics request on Friday 17 may 2019.
Completed on 18 may 2019 and uploaded the right away on mygckey.

file never got transfer yet i dont know if it will get transfer or no.

App received 11 jan
Aor-05march
Medical req- 05 march
Sa-05 march
Medical completed- 06 march
Medical passed -13 march
Biometrics req- 17 may
Biometrics completed- 18 may

Thanks for showing your time. My app was received Jan 11 too and around the same time for AOR, Med Req, and SA. I didn't complete my medical until April 1 and it passed April 8. Maybe I'll get biometrics request sometime in Mid-June. Hoping anyways just by looking at your own timeline just a bit over 2 months from date of med passed. Glad you got your biometrics request and done asap.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I’m right there with you as well. Ugh. The waiting sucks so hard. I also need my spouse to land before August
Trust me I get it. My husband and I were hoping for this summer too since we heard Americans get processed fast and to expect to move in summer. Yeah right. We would have loved to have moved in summer. My biological clock is ticking so I'm on pressed time for that and also I start back up in grad school the last week of August (the commute is only 2 hours one way and we have plenty of students from all over Ontario commute). My courses are $3000 a piece. It is semester suicide to move. And it's not realistic to move in winter time so if it's not this summer it will have to be next summer. That is if we are approved by then because who knows with how the current progress is going. I just totally understand because the waiting does suck and you just want to be with your spouse.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
same boat, same amount of angry. i think my situation is fairly simple. ive been married for almost 5 years and been together for 10. he has no criminal convictions, good standing citizen with high blood pressure, yet passed the test with flying colours... seriously, how hard is it to stamp and unite families. main reason people dont wanna come here. PAs feel like s*** because when they apply for a visa, they are denied for stupid reasons
Holy crap. That is a long time. Damn. And people tell me my 4 years together with my hubby is long. I have an endless amount of medical issues that stem from an autoimmune disease which unfortunately developed other issues, so I definitely don't think high BP would be a problem for your hubby. I work in the medical field at a well known behavioral health hospital in my area, and go to grad school for a health related major. I like to think I'm a decent human being too. It really stinks to have so many obstacles and not know why.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I think we are going to get processed within the 12 months but more towards the end. That’s fine by me as long we do get approved.
Me too. Sadly well you know my situation, not possible for me to move until summer when school is not in session. I just hope and pray we do get approved and yes it would be nice sooner rather than later but approved all the same. So glad to have met you and to also have company during this process. <3

Reactions: Brugonzalez7

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
Me too. Sadly well you know my situation, not possible for me to move until summer when school is not in session. I just hope and pray we do get approved and yes it would be nice sooner rather than later but approved all the same. So glad to have met you and to also have company during this process. <3
We’ll get through it. Praying for everyone

melylags

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
To the American PA's--have you guys considered waiting inland while the outland process is ongoing or would this logistically be too difficult? That's what my husband and I are doing, I just bought a plane ticket for next month and we'll drive across the border to do biometrics if I still haven't gotten the request by then. We've been separated for far too long (married almost a year ago, started dating nearly 8 years ago) and we can no longer wait. But of course, logistically this is a bit simpler for me seeing as I am currently living with my parents and I work at a school, so my work year will be finished by next month. I know not everyone has similar circumstances, but it's just a thought/suggestion.

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
To the American PA's--have you guys considered waiting inland while the outland process is ongoing or would this logistically be too difficult? That's what my husband and I are doing, I just bought a plane ticket for next month and we'll drive across the border to do biometrics if I still haven't gotten the request by then. We've been separated for far too long (married almost a year ago, started dating nearly 8 years ago) and we can no longer wait. But of course, logistically this is a bit simpler for me seeing as I am currently living with my parents and I work at a school, so my work year will be finished by next month. I know not everyone has similar circumstances, but it's just a thought/suggestion.
I thought about it too but in my situation it wouldn’t be so simple. My wife lives in the province of Saskatchewan all the way up north in a small town. It takes me 7 hours by plane and then 6 hours driving to just get to her so it would be a long way to come back regardless of where in the US i decide to go to do my biometrics. I also decided to stay because my parents are staying with me until I leave. Once I leave they will be going back to our home country and I don’t know when I will be able to fly down to Dominican Republic as it is very expensive to fly all the way from Saskatchewan. I am also working and just trying to build my savings account as much as possible so I can have something solid once the time is right to make the move.

Sorry that was a lot of explaining lol

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
I thought about it too but in my situation it wouldn’t be so simple. My wife lives in the province of Saskatchewan all the way up north in a small town. It takes me 7 hours by plane and then 6 hours driving to just get to her so it would be a long way to come back regardless of where in the US i decide to go to do my biometrics. I also decided to stay because my parents are staying with me until I leave. Once I leave they will be going back to our home country and I don’t know when I will be able to fly down to Dominican Republic as it is very expensive to fly all the way from Saskatchewan. I am also working and just trying to build my savings account as much as possible so I can have something solid once the time is right to make the move.

Sorry that was a lot of explaining lol
Hey I'm a dominican expat as well! Yeah, @melylags I hear you, but unfortunately we depend on both of our incomes so we can't have him stay here as a visitor (unemployed) while the paperwork comes through. So it's a forced long distance wait for us. ugh, maybe we should have just applied inland in the first place (so that he could have applied for a work permit).. but there is no turning back now.

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
Hey I'm a dominican expat as well! Yeah, @melylags I hear you, but unfortunately we depend on both of our incomes so we can't have him stay here as a visitor (unemployed) while the paperwork comes through. So it's a forced long distance wait for us. ugh, maybe we should have just applied inland in the first place (so that he could have applied for a work permit).. but there is no turning back now.
Yay! I was thinking the same about applying inland but since everyone said Outland was faster we chose that route. I had also heard it takes up to 4 months for the work permit to just get approved so that was going to be a for sure 12 month process. I’m 4 months in right now ugh