Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
My partner's IEC visa expires tomorrow, so he's gone back to Australia to wait out the rest of the PR process :( We applied Outland (while in Canada). Do we need to let CIC know what his address will be in Australia? On eCAS we changed the Canadian address to my parents (whom I'm living with again). Thank you for any advice of knowledge! @alaria what do you think?

Last edited:

HarjotDhaliwal

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Doc's Request.
24-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-3-2019
App 24 jan
SA done
Additional documents sent and recieved 28 march
Medical passed 31 march
No biometrics no file transfer its been a week .. whats going on ?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
My partner's IEC visa expires tomorrow, so he's gone back to Australia to wait out the rest of the PR process :( We applied Outland (while in Canada). Do we need to let CIC know what his address will be in Australia? On eCAS we changed the Canadian address to my parents (whom I'm living with again). Thank you for any advice of knowledge! @alaria what do you think?
You need to notify CIC about address change. It won't affect your application though.
But if you've already done this on ecas and you can now see the new address there, then it's done, no more actions required.

Reactions: erinennis26

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
App 24 jan
SA done
Medical passed 31 march
i guess its normal. its been a month since SA and 3 weeks since medical passed and i still haven't been asked for biometrics & file transfer

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
App 24 jan
SA done
Medical passed 31 march
What documents did they ask you?

Me too waiting for file transfer. Medical passed on 29 April.
I called the call center today, he was not much helpful, same stuff 12 months process time. but after checking the app, he said file is still in Sydney, and I will get the letter when it's transferred. Then I got an email from the agent stating the process. So I think we just need to wait.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
i guess its normal. its been a month since SA and 3 weeks since medical passed and i still haven't been asked for biometrics & file transfer
I will be happy if they give us DM and PPR from Sydney itself.
Just curious, has this ever happened that one got PPR without file transfer.

dyla18689

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
App 24 jan
SA done
Medical passed 31 march
Patience my friend. My SA has been in process since mArch 7th with no AOR yet. My file was received on 24-jan. Calls and webform requests come back with the standard response that we are processing your file. It's been close to a month now that ecas has been updated without aor. The disheartening part is that they won't even tell me if they need anything to speed up the process.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
My wife just received the passport request. Now next thing is to figure out how to go to VFS office. The nearest one is 500 km away, and I believe we cannot mail or courier the passport to their office.
It might be country specific, but at least in some countries you can mail a passport to VFS office for sure. Just call them or write them (some or all of them have an online chat) and ask that question. Usually you just need to pay all the fees, attach a receipt to a letter with your passport and go to a courier service. You also need to pay a delivery back, but this should be done with VFS and not with a courier you're sending your passport.

jerry777

Feb 13, 2018
My wife just received the passport request. Now next thing is to figure out how to go to VFS office. The nearest one is 500 km away, and I believe we cannot mail or courier the passport to their office.
Congratulations!!!:)
Is it from Mississauga?
It’s around 7pm in Mississauga, don’t they work until 4? :p

Reactions: vskhosa