App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hey all! January 28th applicant here. I've been sick and just came back to the forum after a while. How are things faring for January applicants? There are so many pages to read through in the thread... any summary would be greatly appreciated :p. The original spreadsheet is a lost cause LOL but it's nice there's an overall 2017 version.

From what I can tell, most January applicants have gotten DM or PPR, but there are some stragglers who are still stuck at CPCM! That's the case with me, too:eek:!

First of all, I was asked several times for docs I had already sent. Secondly, my account didn't link until the second week of May! And as a result, my Schedule A was not properly submitted until last week!

Right after Schedule A submission, I got a re-med request. I had provided an upfront medical (taken in Oct. 2016). How long does the med even last? Was my Oct med long expired?

Anyways, my ap is still at CPCM. My hubby is in Pakistan so LORD knows I've got a good chance of being the last one in this thread :rolleyes:. I wonder if they'll ask for PCC again after the re-med. I already provided PCC upfront too but I don't know if that has an expiry or not... Anyone got any idea?

I know this process is frustrating, you guys, especially because we have little control in what's going on behind the scenes. All we can do is wait and watch things play out. But we're in this together :cool:.
You can hang out with me LOL! My partner's medicals expired on July 31 (he did it early because we were going to apply last September, but it didn't happen). They automatically renewed them and are good until May 2018. I am not sure why they renew some people's and not others. It's very frustrating when they keep asking you to send in the same documents. I saw it happen to another person also.

Our app got stalled because I think because they started our background check in CPC-M (has been saying it's in progress for 5.5 months now) and I think when our app got transferred, there was no continuity in the processing and they just plain forgot to send us the request for the PCC from Canada because on our notes there was a due date of April 2, 2017 on there. If I had not sent the VO an email, our app would have been stalled even longer, probably. 4 days after I sent the email about whether they needed The PCC from the RCMP, they sent an email requesting it. GRRR.

I am going to order GCMS notes every month or 2 until we get the PPR. I have no faith in how they process our apps ... always forgetting to do things and also trying to prompt them into doing something by ordering the notes or else I am sure I am gonna be stuck here forever!

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi All,

After 10 days, passport received by SGVO, MyCIC shows decision made and also shows the COPR documents number. But COPR doc has validity only up to 2017/12/13. Can anybody tell me why this short time? As I know both visa and COPR must have same validity up to 1 Year.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi All,

After 10 days, passport received by SGVO, MyCIC shows decision made and also shows the COPR documents number. But COPR doc has validity only up to 2017/12/13. Can anybody tell me why this short time? As I know both visa and COPR must have same validity up to 1 Year.
because you did the medical on 12/13/2016, the medical valid in a year, so normally applicants must land before the medical expires, otherwise you need to take a second medical.

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
[QUOTE="majesty, post: 6254631, member: 653445"worare all the lucky ones. It will probably be a few more months for us as our GCMS notes indicated they only started on our criminality check (eligibility and security check have not been started) and forgot to send us a request to submit the RCMP fingerprinting report. Going through the VO in Mexico City takes forever as it seems they only look at your file every 2 months. I will probably be the last one here! They received our application on January 25.[/QUOTE]
We got same timeline, but Accra visa office is worst. Just a terrible place to find your application.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
[QUOTE="majesty, post: 6254631, member: 653445"worare all the lucky ones. It will probably be a few more months for us as our GCMS notes indicated they only started on our criminality check (eligibility and security check have not been started) and forgot to send us a request to submit the RCMP fingerprinting report. Going through the VO in Mexico City takes forever as it seems they only look at your file every 2 months. I will probably be the last one here! They received our application on January 25.
We got same timeline, but Accra visa office is worst. Just a terrible place to find your application.[/QUOTE]

My sympathies to you also. I'm sure you you also feel like you want this to be over with so you can get on with your life with your loved one. Wishing you and everyone else here continued patience and speedy processing with our applications!

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
We got same timeline, but Accra visa office is worst. Just a terrible place to find your application.
My sympathies to you also. I'm sure you you also feel like you want this to be over with so you can get on with your life with your loved one. Wishing you and everyone else here continued patience and speedy processing with our applications![/QUOTE]

I definitely can't wish for anything less, but for now we have to keep on keeping on. Thanks for your very inspiring message... Light is just ahead and we shall smile at the end.

Reactions: majesty

Monika28

Jun 4, 2017
Hi,
I got married in Dec 2016. My spouse had got an ITA and while submitting his application he had mentioned me as non-accompanying (better one settles and spouse and follow). My spouse got a PR and has moved to Canada. I have a Uci no. And cic shows me as non-accompanying dependent.
My question is once my husband submits spouse visa application, since my details are already in his cic account. Would that fasten the process? Or will it take 12 months?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi,
I got married in Dec 2016. My spouse had got an ITA and while submitting his application he had mentioned me as non-accompanying (better one settles and spouse and follow). My spouse got a PR and has moved to Canada. I have a Uci no. And cic shows me as non-accompanying dependent.
My question is once my husband submits spouse visa application, since my details are already in his cic account. Would that fasten the process? Or will it take 12 months?
I don't think that your process will be accelerated because you have a UCI number. You have to submit the application like all of us here and go through the same channels. How fast your application is processed depends on a lot of factors including how straightforward your relationship is (if there are red flags, it will take longer), whether there are issues with your background check, which Visa Office you go through which will depend on your nationality and the luck of the draw.

You have an 80% chance that your app will be finished processing in 12 months or less.

Reactions: Monika28

Lenkitty

Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone

I'm January applicant here.
My husband (sponsor) received an email from visa office in Manila for further processing of my papers.

What it means by that?
How long did they're contact again?
Should I worried?

Hope you enlighten my mind.

Lenkitty

Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone

I'm January applicant here.

My husband (sponsor) received an email from visa office in Manila they forwarded my papers for further processing.

What it means by that?
How long did they're contact again?
Should I worried?

Hope you enlighten my mind.

Thanks

chrissy_c

Jul 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris Visa Office
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
I opened my GCKEY 2 days ago. The section "review of documents " changed from the documents you provided are being reviewed to we need more documents, we will send you a message with the details.
I contacted Paris VO and they said they don't need any document and the application is being treated.

So WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

APP RECEIVED Jan 24th 2017 ( Outland)
They asked for schedule A and PPR fee on March 1st, and I sent everything around March 23rd.
Hi Rania, I'm currently processing at the Paris VO for my Portuguese husband, and we are stuck exactly where you are, with no movement. I will keep you posted on our status, if, and when anything changes. It has been an exhausting process for us. Our lives are completely on hold, with this looming over us. We would love to start our family, but I refuse to even consider until this is settled. Take care, and good luck.

Bsaxena

Jul 11, 2016
Hey all! January 28th applicant here. I've been sick and just came back to the forum after a while. How are things faring for January applicants? There are so many pages to read through in the thread... any summary would be greatly appreciated :p. The original spreadsheet is a lost cause LOL but it's nice there's an overall 2017 version.

From what I can tell, most January applicants have gotten DM or PPR, but there are some stragglers who are still stuck at CPCM! That's the case with me, too:eek:!

First of all, I was asked several times for docs I had already sent. Secondly, my account didn't link until the second week of May! And as a result, my Schedule A was not properly submitted until last week!

Right after Schedule A submission, I got a re-med request. I had provided an upfront medical (taken in Oct. 2016). How long does the med even last? Was my Oct med long expired?

Anyways, my ap is still at CPCM. My hubby is in Pakistan so LORD knows I've got a good chance of being the last one in this thread :rolleyes:. I wonder if they'll ask for PCC again after the re-med. I already provided PCC upfront too but I don't know if that has an expiry or not... Anyone got any idea?

I know this process is frustrating, you guys, especially because we have little control in what's going on behind the scenes. All we can do is wait and watch things play out. But we're in this together :cool:.
Hi avtarkyoshi I am Jan 30 applicant as well, my file is stuck in ndvo as they they sent us a email that they destroyed our file by mistake, and other Jan applicant already got their file done , I don't know what I can do know

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
Hi folks, i have a question, who is in charge of the famous final"decision made" for outland apps? Is it mississauga? Is the V.O? Does the V.O has to wait for authorization from missisauga for sending the golden PPR mail? Im trying to understand why after 11 weeks of our relatio ship interview, meds passed and police clearance given we are still waiting for news. Thanks

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Hi avtarkyoshi I am Jan 30 applicant as well, my file is stuck in ndvo as they they sent us a email that they destroyed our file by mistake, and other Jan applicant already got their file done , I don't know what I can do know
What?! They destroyed your file by mistake?! That sounds like a joke!
What are they doing now? Does Mississauga have to resend your file?
You should definitely contact your local MP right away. This is so horrible. :(
I hope things work out for you soon.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Hi folks, i have a question, who is in charge of the famous final"decision made" for outland apps? Is it mississauga? Is the V.O? Does the V.O has to wait for authorization from missisauga for sending the golden PPR mail? Im trying to understand why after 11 weeks of our relatio ship interview, meds passed and police clearance given we are still waiting for news. Thanks
If you read the first post on the thread "GCMS note explained like never before", it mentioned in detail which people usually make the final decision. I think the officer at the VO is in charge of sending out the PPR because they are the actual VISA officer, and the one in Mississauga is an IMMIGRATION officer. So I don't think the VO has any extensive wait for authorization or anything.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? How long has your case been in processing? Have you contacted your MP?