+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
After a relationship interview, the assistant gave my wife the order to do her medicals and to pay for the background check. Medicals are "passed" but the background check is still in progress i guess. I hope they will ask for her passpport soon. The 30 days to submit the docs due yesterday so i guess they will review the application now.

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
After a relationship interview, the assistant gave my wife the order to do her medicals and to pay for the background check. Medicals are "passed" but the background check is still in progress i guess. I hope they will ask for her passpport soon. The 30 days to submit the docs due yesterday so i guess they will review the application now.
App. Sent : January 9th
AOR: feb. 14
S.A : Feb. 15
Convocation to relationship interview: March 9
Relationship interview: 18 May
Request for meds and background: May 18 (right after the interview)
Meds passed on gc key: May 26

JoshVesh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
App. Sent : January 9th
AOR: feb. 14
S.A : Feb. 15
Convocation to relationship interview: March 9
Relationship interview: 18 May
Request for meds and background: May 18 (right after the interview)
Meds passed on gc key: May 26
Which Visa office?

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
what do you mean by paying for background check??

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi guys, the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documents:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration
* Evidence of cohabitation
* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

My question is do they keep my passport with them for final decision and visa stamping or they will keep the passport with me and then requesting it again another time ??

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
Hi guys, the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documents:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration
* Evidence of cohabitation
* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

My question is do they keep my passport with them for final decision and visa stamping or they will keep the passport with me and then requesting it again another time ??
If the medicals and background check is already done an passed, they generally issue de visa right there is the interview is satisfactory, if not, they ask you to complete what is missing and ask for the passeport later

jelenmv

Jun 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
File Transfer...
09-02-2017
Med's Done....
DONE - PASSED
Interview........
NA
hey, this is the update since i sent the requested documents (IMM 5562 travel list, PR fee, police check certificate and passport photocopy) on March 2017.
As of june 14th:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: UPDATED TO: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(it was saying: not applicable)^
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does that mean they will start background check soon?? or they're probably working on it??
Same status as mine for 2 months already. This month is my 5th month of application but still no changes. My visa office is in London.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
I noticed the January spreadsheet is view only and filtered to only show New Dehli applicants. Can anyone fix that?

safferz

Jan 18, 2017
Background check changed from "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" to "Not applicable" today. I've searched the boards and getting conflicting information on what that could mean. Some say it means PPR is close, others say BC still has to change to "in process" before that happens. Some people have gotten PPR shortly after BC changing to "not applicable," others have waited a few more months. I've given up trying to understand this and just hoping I'll get more from CIC soon!

davidb57

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Background check changed from "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" to "Not applicable" today. I've searched the boards and getting conflicting information on what that could mean. Some say it means PPR is close, others say BC still has to change to "in process" before that happens. Some people have gotten PPR shortly after BC changing to "not applicable," others have waited a few more months. I've given up trying to understand this and just hoping I'll get more from CIC soon!
From my personal experience. I have applied for visitor visas in the past and it changes to not applicable when they request the passport. I don't know for spousal sponsorship but if I had to guess, I would say PPR is near for you.

safferz

Jan 18, 2017
From my personal experience. I have applied for visitor visas in the past and it changes to not applicable when they request the passport. I don't know for spousal sponsorship but if I had to guess, I would say PPR is near for you.
Oh, I hope that's the case! Fingers crossed.