Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
I really don't know the specifics of how it will work. I've just read on one of the other threads that if your medicals expire, and you still haven't received an outcome to your application, that they provide some additional time for you to land (once you finally are approved).

We are in the same situation as you as we have 3 kids and had medicals done in November last year. I think if I haven't heard anything by the beginning of August, I'll chase it up and see if I can get some more concrete answers.
Thank you for your reply mr-moose, received my ppr last june 9, God is good

Reactions: mr-moose

SMWNDP

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/05/2017
LANDED..........
14/06/2017
Did your background check line change ? I have noticed that for some people on this forum the background check keeps saying that " the file is in process and next step is to conduct background check" even after decision made. How was it for u? My application is in Srilanka visa office since April but background check line on mycic keeps saying " the file is in process and next step is to conduct background check". I am hoping they started it
Yes it did but not until the very last day before our PPR/COPR tracking number was activated, which was after we received the decision made message through ECAS. My timeline is in the spreadsheet for more info on how long it took.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
I'm still not sure what's happening with my application.

Jan 16th applicant.
SA Feb 16th, sponsor received a message stating my application was being sent to the visa office in Unspecified.
Request for Schedule A, PCC and details of military service (10 months conscript service June 1996- April1997) received Feb 20th, uploaded them all to myCIC account Feb 21st
Medical done Feb 28th, showed passed in ECAS March 3rd.
No communication at all since.
ECAS has only 2 lines;
1. We received null Blom's application for permanent residence on January 16, 2017.
2. Medical results have been received.

Last changes in myCIC are from late Feb/early March: You passed the medical exam and We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Ordered GCMS notes which were generated May 12th. I can see there that they planned to send my application to London, then instead kept it in Mississauga, then added that it was going to be sent to Ottawa. Emailed the Ottawa office a couple of days ago to see if they were working on my application, they replied after only a couple of hours, saying Thank you for contacting our office. Please be advised that your application is being processed at CPC Mississauga.

When reading through the GCMS notes it seems like all they've done is acknowledge that the received the documents I've sent (updated 2017-04-05) and updated my passport information with a new passport which I sent through IRCC webform (updated 2017-04-21). Which means that it looks like they haven't really done anything since they sent a document request almost 4 monts ago. Elegibility, Security, and Criminality all show not started.
Yes, I know I need to be patient, but from what I've seen Missisauga/Ottawa usually do things faster than this...I read in another thread that Mississauga was back logged, but if feels like it should be time to start looking at my application soon.
Hoping to see some movement in the next couple of weeks.

MedtechYuki

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
December 28, 2016
Doc's Request.
January 30, 2017 (Additional Documents)
AOR Received.
December 11, 2016
File Transfer...
February 13, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 21, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 30, 2017
Did you recieve anything already after you saw DM on ECAS?
The next day I recieved the pre-arrival letter, then on May 30, PPR po.

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
We received the pre arrival letter but not DM or other further information. Any ideas on the timeline from here?

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Did your background check line change ? I have noticed that for some people on this forum the background check keeps saying that " the file is in process and next step is to conduct background check" even after decision made. How was it for u? My application is in Srilanka visa office since April but background check line on mycic keeps saying " the file is in process and next step is to conduct background check". I am hoping they started it
From what I have seen, for most people the background check in fact changes to in progress. Also most of the times this happens, it rules out an interview. You need to order your notes to know for sure what is going on.

I believe, if a background check doesn't change to in progress, sounds like a mistake made by the officer. He/she did not update the file when the background check actually started. It takes days and in some extreme cases, even years to process a background check, but usually just takes a couple of weeks.

rizwankhanx19

Dec 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
In Process
LANDED..........
In God's timing
Any idea how long review of eligibility normally takes?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Any idea how long review of eligibility normally takes?
In most cases, I don't think eligibility or background check in progress changes until the very end, so don't worry about it. We have final decision and are currently waiting on the passport request and our account is exactly the same as it was in the beginning.

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Hey guys I need your help,

the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documens:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration

* Evidence of cohabitation

* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

I have photos of my marriage and evidence of ongoing communication between me and my sponsor(wife), but what about the evidence of cohabitation? we do not live together since my wife is in Canada and I live in Lebanon, so my question is what evidence to submit proving cohabitation between me and my wife (sponsor) ?

Thank you so much for your help

byehello

Feb 17, 2008
Hello Guys,

Good News. I received DM on June 2nd and received Passport Request on June 7th. I would like to thank all the members on this forum for support and guidance they have provided. Hang on and all of you will receive the good news soon as well. Wishing the best. Total of about 4.5 months from filing till DM. Here is our time line.

Background: Sponsor Applicant and Primary applicant both are in US. PA is not a US citizen. We have been married over 4 years and have a child. Processing center is Ottawa (did not know until PPR email). Never received email about SA approval and case transferred.

SA side ecas:
-Application received on January 21, 2017.
-AOR on February 15, 2017.
-We started processing your application on February 15, 2017.
-In Process

PA Side ecas:
-We started processing application on March 9, 2017.
-Medical results have been received.
-Received an email on February 21 to send form IMM5562 for travel, passport photos and authorization to disclose form by March 23. We send all required documents in the mail which was received by cic on March 17.
-Background check in progress on May 4.
-RCMP criminal record request through mycic on May 4.
-Received RCMP certificate and uploaded on May 25.
-Decision Made June 2nd.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hey guys I need your help,

the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documens:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration

* Evidence of cohabitation

* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

I have photos of my marriage and evidence of ongoing communication between me and my sponsor(wife), but what about the evidence of cohabitation? we do not live together since my wife is in Canada and I live in Lebanon, so my question is what evidence to submit proving cohabitation between me and my wife (sponsor) ?

Thank you so much for your help
I guess for the cohabitation if you have visited each other you can send flight tickets of each visit.

Reactions: icewizard

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hello Guys,

Good News. I received DM on June 2nd and received Passport Request on June 7th. I would like to thank all the members on this forum for support and guidance they have provided. Hang on and all of you will receive the good news soon as well. Wishing the best. Total of about 4.5 months from filing till DM. Here is our time line.

Background: Sponsor Applicant and Primary applicant both are in US. PA is not a US citizen. We have been married over 4 years and have a child. Processing center is Ottawa (did not know until PPR email). Never received email about SA approval and case transferred.

SA side ecas:
-AOR on February 15, 2017.
-We started processing your application on February 15, 2017.
-In Process

PA Side ecas:
-We started processing application on March 9, 2017.
-Medical results have been received.
-Received an email on February 21 to send form IMM5562 for travel, passport photos and authorization to disclose form by March 23. We send all required documents in the mail which was received by cic on March 17.
-Background check in progress on May 4.
-RCMP criminal record request through mycic on May 4.
-Received RCMP certificate and uploaded on May 25.
-Decision Made June 2nd.

Congratulations your are all done.

One question Are you able to see that they started the backgrounds on the eCAS or is this information mixed with what you see on your CIC account?

YURRY178

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19,2017
Doc's Request.
Feb 17,2017
AOR Received.
Feb 17,2017
File Transfer...
March 1,2017
Med's Done....
Sep 2017
He
I'm still not sure what's happening with my application.

Jan 16th applicant.
SA Feb 16th, sponsor received a message stating my application was being sent to the visa office in Unspecified.
Request for Schedule A, PCC and details of military service (10 months conscript service June 1996- April1997) received Feb 20th, uploaded them all to myCIC account Feb 21st
Medical done Feb 28th, showed passed in ECAS March 3rd.
No communication at all since.
ECAS has only 2 lines;
1. We received null Blom's application for permanent residence on January 16, 2017.
2. Medical results have been received.

Last changes in myCIC are from late Feb/early March: You passed the medical exam and We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Ordered GCMS notes which were generated May 12th. I can see there that they planned to send my application to London, then instead kept it in Mississauga, then added that it was going to be sent to Ottawa. Emailed the Ottawa office a couple of days ago to see if they were working on my application, they replied after only a couple of hours, saying Thank you for contacting our office. Please be advised that your application is being processed at CPC Mississauga.

When reading through the GCMS notes it seems like all they've done is acknowledge that the received the documents I've sent (updated 2017-04-05) and updated my passport information with a new passport which I sent through IRCC webform (updated 2017-04-21). Which means that it looks like they haven't really done anything since they sent a document request almost 4 monts ago. Elegibility, Security, and Criminality all show not started.
Yes, I know I need to be patient, but from what I've seen Missisauga/Ottawa usually do things faster than this...I read in another thread that Mississauga was back logged, but if feels like it should be time to start looking at my application soon.
Hoping to see some movement in the next couple of weeks.

Hi! I just confirmed too that they have not yet transfered my files even if they said they transfered it on march 2. I receieved confirmation from my visa office that they still did not have my documents. I also saw it on the jotes. Did you call cpc-m or do you know what to do?