+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received a request for medical tests.
Never received an AOR from the local VO.
Now what should be the tentative timeline from here on?

AOR1: Feb 10
SA: Feb 22
Medical Request: April 11

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I'm not sure.
Cause I did get an AOR from the local visa office, but sent my medical, and background check in with my original app and have already gotten SA approval and passed medical.. yet my application hasn't reached Ottawa for processing.

JoshVesh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
IndianJack said:
Just received a request for medical tests.
Never received an AOR from the local VO.
Now what should be the tentative timeline from here on?

AOR1: Feb 10
SA: Feb 22
Medical Request: April 11
Which visa office your file was transferred to?

Aliya27

Dec 5, 2012
Hi All,

My husband is a green card holder (USA visa-exempt) but still Philippine passport; We just got DM last weekend. My question is, are they still going to send us PPR for a visa stamp or we are just going to wait for the physical COPR? How long does it usually takes?

Aliya27

Dec 5, 2012
icewizard said:
Congratulations!

I received mine as they require only a picture of the Passport (i'm a french citizen and we french are waived from visa for visiting Canada), 2 5cmx7cm ID photos, and a letter stating height and eye colors, all including the first page of the PPR letter.

I already sent mine yesterday through Registered mail with Acknowledgement of Receipt (lettre Recommandée AR). My mail has already been delivered today as i can track it.

Hopefully it won't take a long time for COPR.
Hi, did your get PPR in PA's personal email?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Aliya27 said:
Hi All,

My husband is a green card holder (USA visa-exempt) but still Philippine passport; We just got DM last weekend. My question is, are they still going to send us PPR for a visa stamp or we are just going to wait for the physical COPR? How long does it usually takes?
Even US citizens are getting PPRs now. They weren't requesting it from us until a few months ago, but they only ask for a photocopy of your passport, not the passport itself. Either way, you should expect a PPR.

nikihabibi10

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Doc's Request.
30-03-2017 (Additional Docs)
AOR Received.
11-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront (PASSED)
Med's Done....
22-11-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
27-04-2017__
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2017 VISA ON HAND: 05-06-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
icewizard said:
Congratulations!

I received mine as they require only a picture of the Passport (i'm a french citizen and we french are waived from visa for visiting Canada), 2 5cmx7cm ID photos, and a letter stating height and eye colors, all including the first page of the PPR letter.

I already sent mine yesterday through Registered mail with Acknowledgement of Receipt (lettre Recommandée AR). My mail has already been delivered today as i can track it.

Congrats to you!

japt

Oct 5, 2015
Applied in January.

Yesterday, we got a letter saying we got sponsorship approval and that it has gone to the Ottawa office for further processing -- I'm very surprised it's gone there as he is a Dutch citizen. This letter was mailed on March 31st.

On April 4th and 5th, my husband received a couple of e-mails asking for document requests (passport photos, proof I, the sponsor, reside in Canada, proof of relationship).
It was from a donotreply address, but it said on the e-mails to reply directly to it with the scanned documents.

Does every thing seem good? I find it strange to reply to a donotreply e-mail address, but the only instruction was to reply directly to that e-mail with the application number.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
japt said:
Applied in January.

Yesterday, we got a letter saying we got sponsorship approval and that it has gone to the Ottawa office for further processing -- I'm very surprised it's gone there as he is a Dutch citizen. This letter was mailed on March 31st.

On April 4th and 5th, my husband received a couple of e-mails asking for document requests (passport photos, proof I, the sponsor, reside in Canada, proof of relationship).
It was from a donotreply address, but it said on the e-mails to reply directly to it with the scanned documents.

Does every thing seem good? I find it strange to reply to a donotreply e-mail address, but the only instruction was to reply directly to that e-mail with the application number.
Did you link the paper application online? I got the same type of email with the do not reply address, but the things they wanted were entered on our account and we simply uploaded them. It was pretty easy.

japt

Oct 5, 2015
CanadianZenGirl said:
Did you link the paper application online? I got the same type of email with the do not reply address, but the things they wanted were entered on our account and we simply uploaded them. It was pretty easy.
My husband did that, but only today did he notice the section to upload documents. But it says they were required by March 12th and are now overdue. He never got any e-mail before last week requesting documents or anything.

I am wondering if he should bother uploading the documents there even though it says overdue, and he has sent them through e-mail.

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
icewizard said:
Congratulations!

Yay! I don't think they will take a long time!
We're going to send ours tomorrow in the morning, hopefully it arrives in Paris in one piece.
Can you let me know how long it took to get your COPR when you do get it?
Please and thank you!

demon450

Sep 6, 2016
Is my case too slow?
2017.1.13 send
2017.02.22 link online file
2017.02.27 upload additional document
no update since then, it says the eligibility review is not started.....

BTW, what is AOR1, AOR2... SA?
Thanks

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
demon450 said:
Is my case too slow?
2017.1.13 send
2017.02.22 link online file
2017.02.27 upload additional document
no update since then, it says the eligibility review is not started.....

BTW, what is AOR1, AOR2... SA?
Thanks
not to sure on your timeline. What visa office is yours at?

AOR1 means that Mississauga has received your application.
AOR2 means that the visa office that is reviewing your application has reviewed it.
SA means sponsor approval and you or your canadian spouse has been approved to sponsor an applicant.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
Yes it seems so ,if we do compare to other applicants of same timeline. But we r on the same boat as we are on almost same timeline. Our application received on 17 jan 2017. We got our AOR 1 on 16 feb and uploaded requested documents on 25 feb. since then no updates :mad:

AOR 1 cic send it when they receive ur application n check all forms r filled..(almost took a month in my case.)
AOR 2 When file been transfer to the visa office of ur country. That visa office contacts u that's Aor 2
SA sponser Approval is a next step after AOR 1 n before Aor 2.. Your sponser should be approved as a sponser (qualify) as per requirements.