N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
CanadianZenGirl said:
It's perfectly okay. I went through the same thing with the sponsor approval. Everyone seemed to be getting it except me and the longer I waited, the more anxious I became. The support that comes with this forum is really great, but at the same time it can be hard when the process seems so quick and easy for some, and much longer for others. I found it really helpful to just get away from the computer and focus on other things for a while. You don't have to apologize for worrying. I think it's something that most of us do. Everything will be fine, you'll see. :)
Thank you so much for saying that. I feel bad for even worrying. We all know how long distance relationships are hard. Being a part for x amount of years is hard. I find it affects my day to day when my other half isn't in my life. I love this forum because we all know that feeling and it's a great to help each other through this. Thanks for the support! :)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
cmajeau said:
I'll just sit and wait. Sorry if I offended anyone.
1. Do not apologize. We are all in the same situation.
2. They haven't responded.

I'm a freak. This application has kept me up at night and given me panick attacks cause I suffer from anxiety and am a "what if?!". I regret sending that email now even though I felt it was well worded. I'd rather not piss off the visa office..
Although I just want something saying Ottawa has my application.
I hope I didn't pissed off the officer that reads the email.

From what I understand. Ottawa is the fastest processing visa office. So when I saw that others have gotten their AOR2. I panicked. But we all have to remember. All of them are case by case.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Also***
Something about a facebook group? Can I be pointed in that direction?

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Masonb6888 said:

I'm a freak. This application has kept me up at night and given me panick attacks cause I suffer from anxiety and am a "what if?!". I regret sending that email now even though I felt it was well worded. I'd rather not piss off the visa office..

From what I understand. Ottawa is the fastest processing visa office. So when I saw that others have gotten their AOR2. I panicked. But we all have to remember. All of them are case by case.
You and me both my friend. Anxiety sucks!

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
https://www.facebook.com/groups/306350269425282/

Aliya27

Dec 5, 2012
Got DM both on SA & PA side!! Our VO is in Ottawa; Thank God, no more expensive airfare & long hours drive just to see each other. :)

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Aliya27 said:
Got DM both on SA & PA side!! Our VO is in Ottawa; Thank God, no more expensive airfare & long hours drive just to see each other. :)
Congrats!

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Masonb6888 said:

Also yes, I'm not sure if my application has been transferred either. That person just replied again saying our application "isn't being processed through this office"
So I'm guessing it hasn't been transferred yet. Which is baffling because we sent in her Schedule A and I got SA. I might just give them a quick call tomorrow and see if it has or not.

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
icewizard said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS!

WELCOME TO JANUARY 2017 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM:

A few reminders...

CIC Processing Time form on the CIC website:

Home
--> Immigration and Citizenship
--> -->My Application
--> --> --> Check application processing times

and fill up the form. I think it's actually an average of 12 months currently.
Hi all, good to be to read the stories of wonderful people all chasing one goal ''to unite with their loved ones''. Same reason I'm here and strongly believe by the Grace of God we all shall get positive news from cic these year based on their new processing timeline. I get a lot of help from this forum when I was filling my forms along side my wife, I would have done lots of mistakes if not for help from here. Definitely I owe this forum a lot, wish I can tell each one of you a special thank you individually. I sincerely appreciate. My application was received January 25th 2017, AOR Feb 19th, March 2nd SA and file transfer to Accra visa office, started processing my application March 16th. So those are my timeline so far. But we have a little challenge, at the beginning we were able to pay only the application fee of 550, now we want to pay the RPRF after logging in to cic site and heading straight to pay fees, at the fee log, there was no option of paying 490, what we found was 550 and the full payment of a thousand plus, now this got us confused because we want to pay that asap so we don't use the money for some other things. Anyone in this same situation or who have dealt with such situation in the past should come to our rescue.
Thank you all and hope pray for a successful new week for everyone.

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Sneakydriver said:
Checking eligibility is about checking they have all the required documents they need from you and checking the relationship is genuine.

It depends on your VO and officer. if your vo is not ottawa, you can expect 1-3 months after ecas showed they started processing your application.
Is Ottawa visa office much faster?

jellyfish_smile

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Staunts2015 said:
It will show "checking eligibility" until they send out your COPR. It's referring to the PR Application, not sponsor application.
But background check is still not yet done. I guess that would take some time too?

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
jellyfish_smile said:
Ottawa is faster, yes.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jellyfish_smile said:
Ottawa tends to be one of the faster offices, although not consistently, and different nationalities go through it at different rates.

Generally, Americans through Ottawa get done in around 4 months, others through Ottawa about 6 months, which is much quicker than a lot of visa offices. But some through Paris or Vienna would also get done in as little as 3 months, 5 months. Depends on a variety of factors.

Places like New Delhi, or Pakistani applications through London have been consistently taking over a year.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
jellyfish_smile said:
Hi all, good to be to read the stories of wonderful people all chasing one goal ''to unite with their loved ones''. Same reason I'm here and strongly believe by the Grace of God we all shall get positive news from cic these year based on their new processing timeline. I get a lot of help from this forum when I was filling my forms along side my wife, I would have done lots of mistakes if not for help from here. Definitely I owe this forum a lot, wish I can tell each one of you a special thank you individually. I sincerely appreciate. My application was received January 25th 2017, AOR Feb 19th, March 2nd SA and file transfer to Accra visa office, started processing my application March 16th. So those are my timeline so far. But we have a little challenge, at the beginning we were able to pay only the application fee of 550, now we want to pay the RPRF after logging in to cic site and heading straight to pay fees, at the fee log, there was no option of paying 490, what we found was 550 and the full payment of a thousand plus, now this got us confused because we want to pay that asap so we don't use the money for some other things. Anyone in this same situation or who have dealt with such situation in the past should come to our rescue.
Thank you all and hope pray for a successful new week for everyone.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Enter your country. Select 'permanent residence'. Select 'right of permanent residence fee - not express entry'. Click 'get payment instructions' and there it is!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
cmajeau said:
You and me both my friend. Anxiety sucks!
I'm pretty much in the same page.