+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmajeau said:
Hey guys!

Any Canadian's filing their taxes, do you still claim your spouse as a dependant if they do not live in Canada yet?
nope,,I asked the same questions to my accountant, he said person have to have sin number and physically present in canada.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
msingh199 said:
nope,,I asked the same questions to my accountant, he said person have to have sin number and physically present in canada.
You'll still probably want to file married-separate, instead of jointly.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
rbrar said:
I am new here. Can somebody help me. I got a letter on 8th march 2017 to submit my background check form. I linked my application on Monday 13th March but still can not see the message to upload the form. How can I upload background check form?
Click on the linked application. At the bottom of the page, click the blue 'view submitted application' button. The background check should be listed with an upload button beside it.

rcraig33hb

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto to Manila
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
05-11-2016 - Passed
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
6-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
barch88 said:
You'll still probably want to file married-separate, instead of jointly.
Yup - That is what the CRA rep also suggested!

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
howie2610 said:
hi there, my package was received on Jan 24 but I heard nothing until now, I just called CIC and they were able to give me my Application Number, and then I immediately received an email asking me to link my account, does it mean that my application is being processed? I tried to use Application Number + Last Name to link but can't find any record, I am applying for my wife so the Last Name should be my last time, right? I actually tried both but still nothing found. And The applicant details is definitely about my wife I believe.

Tried 5 times and it's locked for 24 hours...anyone have linkage problem?
I had many problems linking the forms......this info helped me;

(1) Go to the link to link application
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
nishatd said:
I had many problems linking the forms......this info helped me;

(1) Go to the link to link application
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.
Thanks for the info @nishatd. This procedure will be for the Inland Spousal Applicants. This thread is particularly for Outland Spousal Applicants.

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
Libu said:
Thanks for the info @nishatd. This procedure will be for the Inland Spousal Applicants. This thread is particularly for Outland Spousal Applicants.
Ops I gave you the wrong steps....I actually tried to cup and past the info from another link......I also had similar problems linking my application. What I did was I read through past forums and tried different combinations until it worked....for me when I didn't put in the city of birth it worked.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Regarding the filing of taxes, I file mine online with Tax Chopper and there is a box to click if your spouse doesn't reside in Canada. The only problem I had was with GST and Trillium the first year. I had to write a letter stating that my husband lives in the US, but aside from that everything has been fine.

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hey Guys,
I need some questions answered please if someone can help. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and my wife is in India. I am applying to sponsor her to live with me here in Canada. I sent my file to CIC in Mississauga on February 7th. And they sent it back to me yesterday stating that its not complete. They Highlighted the "Employment/Source of Support" section on the Checklist that i attached. Indicating that I did not provide it. But I did attach the Letter from my Employer stating everything they asked in the Checklist. I did attach 2015 Notice of Assessment as well. I did not have the letter that i received from CRA so i printed it off from the CRA My Account. Could that be it, did they need the original Notice of Assessment that comes in the Physical Mail? I don't have it so can i attach the copy of my Tax Return that i filed this year with T4? and I should be able to use the same forms, right? so that my wife don't have to send them to me again with her signatures.

I am gonna re-submit my file sometime next week. So, if anyone can help me, i will greatly Appreciate it.

Thanks

spousal2017

Jan 27, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shajnemb said:
anyone has the same info in myCIC just like mine?

Application status: We received your application. we will send message if we need more information.
review of eligibility: We are reviewing wether you meet the eligiblity.
REview of med result: you do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional docs: N/A
INterview: You do not need interview. will send a message if this changes.
background check : your application in progress. the next step is to conduct background check
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. we will send you a message if the final decision has been made.
Hi Shajnemb,
I am going through same phase as you. No Aor1. My ECA page says Application received on 27th Feb and I got SA email on 16th March. Can you let me know what if they don't ask PCC or medical as I didn't submit them upfront with new package? I am worried what next?

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
bhanu_kaushal said:
Hey Guys,
I need some questions answered please if someone can help. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and my wife is in India. I am applying to sponsor her to live with me here in Canada. I sent my file to CIC in Mississauga on February 7th. And they sent it back to me yesterday stating that its not complete. They Highlighted the "Employment/Source of Support" section on the Checklist that i attached. Indicating that I did not provide it. But I did attach the Letter from my Employer stating everything they asked in the Checklist. I did attach 2015 Notice of Assessment as well. I did not have the letter that i received from CRA so i printed it off from the CRA My Account. Could that be it, did they need the original Notice of Assessment that comes in the Physical Mail? I don't have it so can i attach the copy of my Tax Return that i filed this year with T4? and I should be able to use the same forms, right? so that my wife don't have to send them to me again with her signatures.

I am gonna re-submit my file sometime next week. So, if anyone can help me, i will greatly Appreciate it.

Thanks
i did not send the original of assessment. I printed the notice of assessment from the last year from the website. Also, there is a section on the website called "option C"; you have to print it as well. I included T4 slips although it was not required. I also included paystubs for the last year and bank statement. And more importantly, original signed letter from your work stating salary, no. of hours, job title, and starting date at your work. I thought including these supporting docs would not hurt. My application is now in process.

one more thing, is your income above the minimum?

good luck

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a good news to share with you. Today I got SA mail from CPC-Mississauga. Actually it's a great relief from long waiting period which had started from the delivery of the package by Canada Post making long delaying. My application was received by CPC on 31st Jan.They started processing on 17th Feb. They asked for doc request also. And Finally today I have got my desired SA.

Anybody has idea, how long does it take nowadays to the Singapore visa Office for processing rest of the application? TIA.

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Sap12 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a good news to share with you. Today I got SA mail from CPC-Mississauga. Actually it's a great relief from long waiting period which had started from the delivery of the package by Canada Post making long delaying. My application was received by CPC on 31st Jan.They started processing on 17th Feb. They asked for doc request also. And Finally today I have got my desired SA.

Anybody has idea, how long does it take nowadays to the Singapore visa Office for processing rest of the application? TIA.

Congratulations of receiving your SA. CIC Mississauga received our application on the same date Jan 31, but very different timeline. All the best to us.

RSD

Mar 18, 2017
hi there...

i am new on this forum.. my appl. was rec. on 17 Jan-17 and received AOR1 on 16 Feb-17 and finally linked on 22 Feb-17. since then no progress in my case.. its almost a month, being waiting, but no updates :(... can anyone help me please. :(

can anyone tell me please how long it takes for getting SA, after providing necessary PCC and requested docs.??

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
CA17CA said:
i did not send the original of assessment. I printed the notice of assessment from the last year from the website. Also, there is a section on the website called "option C"; you have to print it as well. I included T4 slips although it was not required. I also included paystubs for the last year and bank statement. And more importantly, original signed letter from your work stating salary, no. of hours, job title, and starting date at your work. I thought including these supporting docs would not hurt. My application is now in process.

one more thing, is your income above the minimum?

good luck
I Can use the same forms that i sent before right?

Thanks