AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017 (Passed)
rania.aiss said:
Application sent on Jan 24th

I received an email from them on March 1st, asking to fill up IMM 5562, to send the original copy of the police record(the arabic version), to renew his passport and send copy of 2 first pages and tp pay the permanent resident fee as well. i will send everything tmr.

So what does that mean ?? where are we at?? are they gonna request the passport soon for visa??

As of March 14th:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any one has more information about this???plz

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
rania.aiss said:
Any one has more information about this???plz
They are processing the PA's application. The current processing time is 12 months. You filed in January, so I think it will be a while before you get the passport request. They will do a background check and there might be an interview.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
CA17CA said:
Should it be included in the application package? Why they ask for it again? I have not been asked to submit it again.
I included it in my original packet but with the new forms they require you to upload it to the MYCIC account. It probably won’t hurt to include it (didn’t hurt my application and now I have DM made).

Keep in mind when you upload it online, DO NOT use a previous saved validated file of the form. I tried doing this and just editing the dates on the form for the most current time but it wouldn’t validate with the “Ongoing” boxes checked for address/work history/etc. I could only validate by typing the actual Year/Month format. By the time they started processing my application the Year/Month was Jan 2017 but they started processing my background check on the last day of February. I assume they seen my paper copy I sent with my application was filled out correctly with the “Ongoing” boxes checked…and my decision was made. After reading the forum posts come to find out you have to actually open a fresh copy of the form and fill it all out over again.

They will also require a police certificate (FBI history check) and a Medical Exam. As far as police certificate and medical, I provided both up front when you were still allowed to (before Jan 31st, 2017). I believe providing the Police Certificate up front would still be fine, seems to be a gray area with no clear wording in the application guide. As long as the police certificate is valid and you have it already, I would provide it up front to avoid delay. We knew we were going to need it (when we first looked into this whole process it was the old forms and old method but we applied right before the cut off of Jan 31st but were able to use the new forms).

Best of luck!

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
barch88 said:
I included it in my original packet but with the new forms they require you to upload it to the MYCIC account. It probably won’t hurt to include it (didn’t hurt my application and now I have DM made).

Keep in mind when you upload it online, DO NOT use a previous saved validated file of the form. I tried doing this and just editing the dates on the form for the most current time but it wouldn’t validate with the “Ongoing” boxes checked for address/work history/etc. I could only validate by typing the actual Year/Month format. By the time they started processing my application the Year/Month was Jan 2017 but they started processing my background check on the last day of February. I assume they seen my paper copy I sent with my application was filled out correctly with the “Ongoing” boxes checked…and my decision was made. After reading the forum posts come to find out you have to actually open a fresh copy of the form and fill it all out over again.

They will also require a police certificate (FBI history check) and a Medical Exam. As far as police certificate and medical, I provided both up front when you were still allowed to (before Jan 31st, 2017). I believe providing the Police Certificate up front would still be fine, seems to be a gray area with no clear wording in the application guide. As long as the police certificate is valid and you have it already, I would provide it up front to avoid delay. We knew we were going to need it (when we first looked into this whole process it was the old forms and old method but we applied right before the cut off of Jan 31st but were able to use the new forms).

Best of luck!
Really appreciate your detailed response.
I have already submitted my application (old package) and it was received on January 10, 2017 in Mississauga. I then got approved for sponsorship. My spouse has also been asked for medical, and shortly after was asked to submit the Police certificate. We did both and we sent the police certificate with translation by DHL courier. The immigration application is under processing since January 27, 2017. Since then, my spouse has never been asked to submit the updated schedule A form. That’s why I am wondering.

Congratulations on your application :)

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
We just got a request for the Schedule A. Not sure why because we submitted everything upfront, but it seems they want a second one. The message came to my email, not his. Good thing I've been keeping an eye on it.

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
We just got a request for the Schedule A. Not sure why because we submitted everything upfront, but it seems they want a second one. The message came to my email, not his. Good thing I've been keeping an eye on it.
Have you got the same message on MyCIC as well? I submitted the old application in Jan 2017 but my wife was not requested to resubmit Schedule A.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
CA17CA said:
Have you got the same message on MyCIC as well? I submitted the old application in Jan 2017 but my wife was not requested to resubmit Schedule A.
It's weird. We used the old application, too.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Re: JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

Please help me its urgent!!!!
My husband got an email this morning to provide imm5562 travel information form and client receipt for information disclosure.

The thing is my husband is orginally from pak and residing in UAE from the last 7 years. He visited uae back in 2008 for 3 months and then received his permanent visa to work there in 2009. He has the UAE residency card as well. My question is that does he need to include all the travel information he made from Pakistan to UAE and vice versa or just the 1st time visit he did? What is the client receipt to disclose information?

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
rania.aiss said:
Application sent on Jan 24th

I received an email from them on March 1st, asking to fill up IMM 5562, to send the original copy of the police record(the arabic version), to renew his passport and send copy of 2 first pages and tp pay the permanent resident fee as well. i will send everything tmr.

So what does that mean ?? where are we at?? are they gonna request the passport soon for visa??

As of March 14th:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Im having kinda similar situation as you
My husband (from pakistan residing in UAE) received a request to renew his passport in 2 months. On march 7th was asked to do the medical

And today got an email to provide imm5562 travel information form and client receipt for information disclosure.

Also today I noticed in the Ecas that my status as a sponsor changed to "decision made". Still im haven't asked for schedule A. We submitted the PCC upfront.

rania.aiss

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017 (Passed)

ktaj said:
Please help me its urgent!!!!
My husband got an email this morning to provide imm5562 travel information form and client receipt for information disclosure.

The thing is my husband is orginally from pak and residing in UAE from the last 7 years. He visited uae back in 2008 for 3 months and then received his permanent visa to work there in 2009. He has the UAE residency card as well. My question is that does he need to include all the travel information he made from Pakistan to UAE and vice versa or just the 1st time visit he did? What is the client receipt to disclose information?
I'm not sure but I guess u need to include everything.
Since he is a citizen of Pakistan ( not uae) so write down all dates, every time he left pakistan.
And for the reason why he traveled to UAE, put for busniss.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017

rania.aiss said:
I'm not sure but I guess u need to include everything.
Since he is a citizen of Pakistan ( not uae) so write down all dates, every time he left pakistan.
And for the reason why he traveled to UAE, put for busniss.
Thanks alot I just got SA and schedule A request so relieved :)

startup

Oct 9, 2016
I used old forms for application ....Is that the reason of delay because they will see the old forms and neglect that being old process with more processing time. No decission on the file yet. How long is the average time for NDVO. Any idea guys.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
startup said:
I used old forms for application ....Is that the reason of delay because they will see the old forms and neglect that being old process with more processing time. No decission on the file yet. How long is the average time for NDVO. Any idea guys.
When did you submit? I submitted Jan 23rd with old application. Do you mean you haven't received SA yet?

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barch88 said:
As of when? Mine just changed to DM today. How long ago did you get a DM? I think we're some of the first Jan applicants with DM's now..
Hey does it say that the sponsor application has decision made or the sponsored spouce application has decision made?

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
It's weird. We used the old application, too.
Yes I know it is weird. I am following up the email and mycic account but no thing. The good thing is that my spouse received the medical request and police certificate request, but no schedule A request.