+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
Just want to say hello as I've just joined this forum but have been lurking for a while and want to thank everyone for all the useful tips so far. I'm Canadian and sponsoring my British husband. We've been married over 15 years and have two kids (dual Canadian-British passport holders). We've applied Outland as we are resident in Hong Kong.

The process seems to be going very quickly so far (hope I won't jinx things by saying that!!). Application was received on 16 Jan (via DHL) and AOR was received on 24 Jan. I checked this morning and it says DM. Hope HK visa office will process as quickly!

rabbitpriya

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
18/07/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
22 November 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 5th 2012
Passport Req..
22 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made feb 18/2012, visa stamped...14 feb 2012
Hi,

Please, is there anyone here whose SA and PA showed in process at the same time on ECAS.
Anyone who noticed decision made on Saturday. Did you receive any mail please, let me know.

Thank you

heyven100

May 13, 2016
I'm coming to the end of my application; should have it ready for mailing-out by January 31st.

I know it's silly, but all the trump nonsense makes me worried that Canada might change their rules?
I just want my husband here, and hope Canada will process my papers in time.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
heyven100 said:
I'm coming to the end of my application; should have it ready for mailing-out by January 31st.

I know it's silly, but all the trump nonsense makes me worried that Canada might change their rules?
I just want my husband here, and hope Canada will process my papers in time.
Trump governs the USA. Canada is a separate country, with their own laws. If there are any changes to Canadian immigration rules following from the recent actions of Trump, it will be to make life easier for the refugees he's currently attacking, nothing else.

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
Hmm ... I wonder if Place of Residence is the thing that is preventing the linking of our application? We used the old kit and I don't recall seeing that anywhere when we filled out the forms. Unfortunately, I get an error when I leave that section blank, and it won't let me proceed until I add the information.

I really do think, if they want us to link the paper application online, it should be easier to do. The fact that what works for some people doesn't work for others isn't good. Have us enter less info, the same info for everyone (app number, client ID, principal applicant's name should be quite sufficient), and be done with it. It shouldn't be this difficult. :(
To answer those questions, report to forms IMM 0008, questions 5 for "Residence" and then 3 for "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" and number 13 for "Current Marital Status"...

My worry on my side is that i can see my application on ECAS (using the application number) but i can't find mine on CIC and thus cannot link any application to my CIC account...

Any ideas? Should i contact them?

Andrew 31

Oct 19, 2016
Riga
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
GabbyVP said:
Hello, I just found this amazing forum, and I really need some help...

I sent my husband's application by Canada Post <First rookie mistake> on January 6, 2017. They lost it! (According to the web site my package is still in transit, according to the supervisor probably my package was delivery but not scanned - My heart needs to believe that)
I'm very frustrated... two weeks calling non-stop Canada Post, and sending emails to CIC without any response.

I really need to take actions, that's why I need some feedback from you..
Rookie question #1 is there any way (Besides CIC web forms and 1-888-242-2100) I could contact CIC to confirm they receive or not my package?
#2 How long will take to receive the AOR, hoping and praying that the application was receive (On January 11)
#3 At what point an applicant is able to use ECAS to check status?
#4 How much should I wait before sending an other application (with the new Kit)
I am in a very similar situation, also very frustrated.
We mailed from abroad on January 7, tracking will not show me anything. I still have not received an AOR1 23 days later.

Please let me know if you do manage to contact CIC somehow and how you did it? Every day is really getting stressful for us and I can't seem to find out how to get an answer to where the application is. It is either lost, or they have it and they haven't emailed us yet. I don't like the idea of having to make this entire application again, especially with the costs of making new notarized copies and translations.

...fingers crossed you get your AOR1! Thanks

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
icewizard said:
My worry on my side is that i can see my application on ECAS (using the application number) but i can't find mine on CIC and thus cannot link any application to my CIC account...

Any ideas? Should i contact them?
I haven't been able to link, either. It's been almost four weeks since they received our application. I'm taking a break from trying for now. I will give it another go after they start processing my husband's file.

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
CanadianZenGirl said:
I haven't been able to link, either. It's been almost four weeks since they received our application. I'm taking a break from trying for now. I will give it another go after they start processing my husband's file.
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Common-law)
2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info).
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my common-law partner, no dependents.

Hope this works!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
oneesaenv said:
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Common-law)
2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info).
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my common-law partner, no dependents.

Hope this works!
I've seen you post this in response to other folks and I've already tried it! :) Didn't work. :(

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
CanadianZenGirl said:
I've seen you post this in response to other folks and I've already tried it! :) Didn't work. :(
Oh darn, I happen to not see your name in the January spreadsheet, can you tell me your timeline?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
oneesaenv said:
Oh darn, I happen to not see your name in the January spreadsheet, can you tell me your timeline?
They received our application January 5. They started processing my application to sponsor on January 16. We got the AOR email the next day, January 17. Still waiting for SA.

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
Andrew 31 said:
We mailed from abroad on January 7, tracking will not show me anything. I still have not received an AOR1 23 days later.

Please let me know if you do manage to contact CIC somehow and how you did it? Every day is really getting stressful for us and I can't seem to find out how to get an answer to where the application is. It is either lost, or they have it and they haven't emailed us yet. I don't like the idea of having to make this entire application again, especially with the costs of making new notarized copies and translations.

My package was received on Jan 10th and I have signature too.. I didnt even received AOR1 .. :(

GabbyVP

Jan 28, 2017
Andrew 31 said:

Hi Andrew... I’m so sorry you are in a similar situation: $ I know how stressful this is.
As soon I have any more info or if I finally get to contact CIC, I will let you Know
Meanwhile we have to keep positive!

p.d: Thank Dana for your reply

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Anyone know how far along we are if SA was approved? I doubt I'll see anymore updates for the next couple months but I'm just curious. I'll have to check previous threads, was it someone from August who had DM made?

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
CanadianZenGirl said:
They received our application January 5. They started processing my application to sponsor on January 16. We got the AOR email the next day, January 17. Still waiting for SA.
Okay, I find that super weird and frustrating as to why you can't get in GCkey
But as for SA, you'll get it sometimes this week, I'm hoping :D