Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
oneesaenv said:
Thank you! I really hope thats the case! :D
Praying for all of us!

Thank you! What Danawhitaker says! :D
That's what i thought, I haven't heard from lawyer, the status for my S app changed yesterday morning. I know i can sound impatient but not knowing nothing is stressful. if i link my application with the cic account, will lawyer continue to receive notifications from my case? does anyone know how that works? i don't want to mess it up!

GabbyVP

Jan 28, 2017
Hello, I just found this amazing forum, and I really need some help...

I sent my husband's application by Canada Post <First rookie mistake> on January 6, 2017. They lost it! (According to the web site my package is still in transit, according to the supervisor probably my package was delivery but not scanned - My heart needs to believe that)
I'm very frustrated... two weeks calling non-stop Canada Post, and sending emails to CIC without any response.

I really need to take actions, that's why I need some feedback from you..
Rookie question #1 is there any way (Besides CIC web forms and 1-888-242-2100) I could contact CIC to confirm they receive or not my package?
#2 How long will take to receive the AOR, hoping and praying that the application was receive (On January 11)
#3 At what point an applicant is able to use ECAS to check status?
#4 How much should I wait before sending an other application (with the new Kit)

Any suggestion or feedback will be appreciated
Thank you :)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
GabbyVP said:
Hello, I just found this amazing forum, and I really need some help...

I sent my husband's application by Canada Post <First rookie mistake> on January 6, 2017. They lost it! (According to the web site my package is still in transit, according to the supervisor probably my package was delivery but not scanned - My heart needs to believe that)
I'm very frustrated... two weeks calling non-stop Canada Post, and sending emails to CIC without any response.

I really need to take actions, that's why I need some feedback from you..
Rookie question #1 is there any way (Besides CIC web forms and 1-888-242-2100) I could contact CIC to confirm they receive or not my package?
#2 How long will take to receive the AOR, hoping and praying that the application was receive (On January 11)
#3 At what point an applicant is able to use ECAS to check status?
#4 How much should I wait before sending an other application (with the new Kit)

Any suggestion or feedback will be appreciated
Thank you :)
Have you tried linking via MyCIC? I was able to link my application within the amount of time it's been since yours was sent. There were people who were able to link theirs more quickly than me. Linking is possible before receiving AOR or SA.

The January spreadsheet would give you a good idea for how long AOR should take for someone on your timeline.

With ECAS, it can take a while to be able to see anything. I wasn't able to access ECAS at all until more than a month after my application was received, and not until after sponsor approval. I know other people who were able to access ECAS prior to that point. There's a lot of variability in that.

Any service can lose or not properly scan a package. We sent ours Canada Post without issue. Those types of problems are just the luck of the draw. I hope for your sake it just wasn't properly scanned. Good luck. :)

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Few questions for you my seniors in this topic:-

1. I have PR and my Gf is in India. I want to do court marriage and apply for her spouse sponsorship. Is it possible to have court marriage and get her name changed on passport and then apply ? (Will do some a small celebration to show the pictures)

2. I am planning to do the traditional marriage once she gets the PR. Is this a correct step?

3. Is INLAND process better or OUTLAND?

Please guys help me if anyone has any idea. My main motive is to bring her to Canada ASAP after traditional marriage.
If anyone has did the same, please share your views.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
naman.tuteja said:
Hello All,

Few questions for you my seniors in this topic:-

1. I have PR and my Gf is in India. I want to do court marriage and apply for her spouse sponsorship. Is it possible to have court marriage and get her name changed on passport and then apply ? (Will do some a small celebration to show the pictures)

2. I am planning to do the traditional marriage once she gets the PR. Is this a correct step?

3. Is INLAND process better or OUTLAND?

Please guys help me if anyone has any idea. My main motive is to bring her to Canada ASAP after traditional marriage.
If anyone has did the same, please share your views.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
If she is not in Canada, you can only apply outland. Inland is only available for people who are both in Canada. (In addition, you must remain in Canada while you sponsor her as you are only a PR, not a citizen).

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
If she is not in Canada, you can only apply outland. Inland is only available for people who are both in Canada. (In addition, you must remain in Canada while you sponsor her as you are only a PR, not a citizen).
Can I apply TRV for her (as a friend) before registering marriage so that once I am officially married - she can come on TRV (if approved) to Canada and I can apply the sponsorship and OWP

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Hello everyone

Just a quick question i am going to sponsor my husband to Alberta Canada and we dont have any kids, do i need ti submit the employment letter? Plz I need an urgent reply as im going to submit my application tomorrow thanks

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
ktaj said:
Hello everyone

Just a quick question i am going to sponsor my husband to Alberta Canada and we dont have any kids, do i need ti submit the employment letter? Plz I need an urgent reply as im going to submit my application tomorrow thanks
Neither my husband nor I have dependent children. I submitted a letter from my employer as well as my tax assessment notice for 2015. We used the old kit.

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
She is planning to apply for a TRV before court marriage so that after court marriage she can come to Canada and apply for INLAND with OWP.
Will this be any issue?

cmajeau

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/27/2017
AOR Received.
02/15/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi!

Newbie question. I've seen this question come up a few times in different forumns, all with different answers. My wife and I are applying outland. She is American, I am Canadian. We want to have her come visit me from May-October. We'll both go back to the States for a week or two to visit her family and attend a wedding. Then we'll come back together for another 3-4 months in which time, hopefully, our sponsorship will be approved.

Is this going to be okay? Will she be turned away at the boarder?

rabbitpriya

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
18/07/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
22 November 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 5th 2012
Passport Req..
22 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made feb 18/2012, visa stamped...14 feb 2012
I am happy as well as tensed .....

Even I got SA- Decision Made today. I checked it this morning on Ecas but haven't received any mail yet so tensed.

Please need a clarification:

1. As I mentioned earlier I got AOR 1 on 21 Jan then I was able to login to Ecas. I noticed both SA and PA columns showed in process. ------Was it the same in your case?

2. When I clicked on SA it said we received your application to sponsor and sent an acknowledgment on 21st. Where has PA showed we received your application and started processing on 20 Jan. ----Was it the same in your case?

In our case both SA and PA showed in process at the same time. Then I just noticed decision made on SA today.

Please, let me know. Thank you very much.

Mjbond23

Jan 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum.
I am currently in process of applying from Sydney Australia. My wife and I have been together 10 years we have three kids all duel citizens. My family is currently living in Canada.

I have some questions I hope you may be able to help.

1) am I better to launch my application in Australia or Canada?
2) if I launch in Australia can I enter Canada while it is pending ?
3) is there any for of urgent or express? As I am the soul provider for my family with three young kids.

Thank you

hytltons12

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 31/2017
AOR Received.
April 19/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
November 14/2017
hi can someone please tell me how to link my application without aor, please

BlondieB

Jan 29, 2017
Hello! Just joined the forum. I am sponsoring my Haitian husband. Sent application to Missasauga on January 3rd, received on January 9th. I have still not recieved an AOR :'( Getting worried! Can't seem to link my application either. If the application is returned, will it be sent to my address or my husband's?
Happy to be able to talk to people going through the same process :)

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
BlondieB said:
Hello! Just joined the forum. I am sponsoring my Haitian husband. Sent application to Missasauga on January 3rd, received on January 9th. I have still not recieved an AOR :'( Getting worried! Can't seem to link my application either. If the application is returned, will it be sent to my address or my husband's?
Happy to be able to talk to people going through the same process :)
many ppl... mostly after 6th jan have not received AOR1. officers work on files sequentially and it takes time.. hopefully we will get AOR1 this week.

Stay positive.