Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2017 (mailed 24-03)
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
eta 17-07-2017
Greetings from another long-term lurker. I'm sponsoring my American wife and it took us *forever* to get our forms together (wife has lived in lots of places, so tracking down all those police reports...). Got the whole thing out this week, received Jan 24. Many thanks to everyone here for great advice and just keeping me calm during my late-night "wait, that can't be right!" moments.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
oneesaenv said:
Maybe I can help,
I'm the sponsor, when I got AOR1, my partner (PA) actually received it in his e-mail -_-
Same. I'm the PA and I got it in my e-mail, my wife (sponsor), got nothing.

SAVAGE1216

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017, App returned on 26.01.2017 coz i missed BirthCerfiicate.. Filed again on Mar 16 2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
barch88 said:
Same. I'm the PA and I got it in my e-mail, my wife (sponsor), got nothing.

I am checking my & my wife's email every 5 mins.. Nothing yet.. i am the sponsor, my wife is in Sweden. we're expecting twins. she's due on May07 2017. i will be in sweden during that time.. i am hoping to come back with her and my little ones :)

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
what time of the day generally they send the AOR email ?

Jan 21, 2017
Hi guys, i am an HIV positive and i have a wife in Canada. We are in a 7 mos relationship before we get married in civil. Soon she will sponsor me. What is the chance of getting approve? Thanks for your concer

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
SAVAGE1216 said:
I am checking my & my wife's email every 5 mins.. Nothing yet.. i am the sponsor, my wife is in Sweden. we're expecting twins. she's due on May07 2017. i will be in sweden during that time.. i am hoping to come back with her and my little ones :)

I hope you receive your AOR1 soon and congratulations for babies! best of luck!

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
filipinopositive1982 said:
Hi guys, i am an HIV positive and i have a wife in Canada. We are in a 7 mos relationship before we get married in civil. Soon she will sponsor me. What is the chance of getting approve? Thanks for your concer
Hi.

Sorry regarding the HIV seropositivity status, i hope they'll find a medication soon.

Regarding your question, i think there is no problem in medical terms as family class (spouse of the sponsor / common-law partner of the sponsor / child of the sponsor).

You can find more details here:

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/surveillance/hiv.asp
Justice Laws website: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-9.html#docCont

Andrew 31

Oct 19, 2016
Riga
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Added my name to the spreadsheet!
Canadian Citizen living abroad sponsoring my wife from Latvia.

We sent our application to Mississauga on January 7th
It was regular mail (only option due to immigration's PO address). Unfortunately mail tracking does not work in Canada from here, so hoping and praying it is safe.

I did NOT receive my Stage AOR1 confirmation email yet after 20 days hopefully it comes any day now.
Needless to say, this took us months of work and money to make sure everything was done correctly, so it should go smoothly.

Will update with the good news when that email comes in!

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
Andrew 31 said:

It was regular mail (only option due to immigration's PO address). Unfortunately mail tracking does not work in Canada from here, so hoping and praying it is safe.

I did NOT receive my Stage AOR1 confirmation email yet after 20 days hopefully it comes any day now.
Needless to say, this took us months of work and money to make sure everything was done correctly, so it should go smoothly.

Hey! Maybe a little heads up, I'm not sure how regular post in Latvia is, but when I sent my application from Belgium,
my partner and i were choosing what address to send it to, courier or the PO box. I said if we send it by Belgium Post, it has to go to the PO box. Well it turned out that Belgium Post transferred our application to DHL, who then tried to deliver it to the PO BOX which did not work.
I did not know what was going on here in Belgium, until I started digging deeper.. I sent my application December 21, and we waited two weeks, tracking said other and then i got desperate and found that my application was with DHL.. and then i called them and told them to send it to the right address (courier)

Heads up, Latvia post might've switched it to a courier :(

waitingforPPR

May 28, 2014
Friends,

Quick update from my end. I have received SA email from CPC-M today. Took 22 days since my application is received by them.

Hope all of you receive it soon as well.

Cheers!

Andrew 31

Oct 19, 2016
Riga
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
oneesaenv said:
Hey! Maybe a little heads up, I'm not sure how regular post in Latvia is, but when I sent my application from Belgium,
my partner and i were choosing what address to send it to, courier or the PO box. I said if we send it by Belgium Post, it has to go to the PO box. Well it turned out that Belgium Post transferred our application to DHL, who then tried to deliver it to the PO BOX which did not work.
I did not know what was going on here in Belgium, until I started digging deeper.. I sent my application December 21, and we waited two weeks, tracking said other and then i got desperate and found that my application was with DHL.. and then i called them and told them to send it to the right address (courier)
Thank you, there is no way I could have known this without your experience. I filled out the contact form on the dhl.ca website to ask.

General question, how are people sending by courier? I would have loved to do that to be safer, but the application guide only give a PO box. The CIC website even suggests sending by courier then doesn't provide a physical address, that's not fair.

safferz

Jan 18, 2017
Hi all,

Another lurker here who can finally join an applicant thread! I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is from Somalia, and we are both living together in Ethiopia at the moment. He works here and I am a graduate student in the US who is here for fieldwork. I have decided not to return to the US but instead move to Canada with my husband (I'll be writing in 2018, so that's easy enough!).

We mailed our application in using the old forms (including medical and police check) last week and mail tracking indicates it was received in Mississauga on Tuesday morning. It feels great to have finally sent in our application after months of reading, preparing forms and gathering documents, and I feel confident about the package we've put together for CIC. Also seeing that Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday banning immigration from Somalia and several other Muslim countries, I've never been more happy to be Canadian and have a government that has no issue with me sponsoring my husband (not to mention, the minister is himself a Somali immigrant ☺).

Good luck to all of us!

SAVAGE1216

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017, App returned on 26.01.2017 coz i missed BirthCerfiicate.. Filed again on Mar 16 2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Andrew 31 said:

My app was received on Jan 06. i haven't gotten any AOR yet.

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Very important regarding mail sending:

Check the Mississauga, Ontario CPC (Case Processing Centre) page here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

It says on the page...

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners and dependent children (currently living outside Canada):
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

but slightly down it says too...

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

oneesaenv said:

Heads up, Latvia post might've switched it to a courier :(

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
icewizard said:
Hello all, i hope you're doing well...

Some update on my side. My wife (sponsor, canadian citizen, hotmail address) just received the AOR on her e-mail. While on my side (principal applicant, french citizen, gmail address), i didn't receive anything, yet...
Anyone of you have an idea about why i didn't receive the mail, but my wife did?