Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017, App returned on 26.01.2017 coz i missed BirthCerfiicate.. Filed again on Mar 16 2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
oneesaenv said:
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Common-law)
2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info).
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my common-law partner, no dependents.
Thanks Buddy...

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
I know, I am thinking too much... but the If CIC found that there is something wrong with my file.. how they will revert back on my package ? will it come to my Canadian address or they will send me email.. generally how long they take to revert after sending package ?

rcraig33hb

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto to Manila
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
05-11-2016 - Passed
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
6-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
My wife and I completed 98% of the application using the old application package. She is sending me one final document from the Philippines which should be here soon then I will submit our application in.

According to the cic.gc.ca website, we have till January 31st 2017 to submit our package using the old application forms.

No sense in staring from scratch! Will update this thread once I mail out everything. Would like to be part of the "JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS" group! :)

prettycincin

Jan 16, 2017
Just want to say hi to everyone here........to keep each other company during this loooooooong wait.

My application was signed and received by D SLEE on Jan 11. Hope everything will go smoothly.

Chechay08

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga / manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01 -17
Doc's Request.
30-02-17
AOR Received.
31-02-17
File Transfer...
03-02-17
Med's Request
17-02-17
Med's Done....
24-02-17
may4ank said:
I know, I am thinking too much... but the If CIC found that there is something wrong with my file.. how they will revert back on my package ? will it come to my Canadian address or they will send me email.. generally how long they take to revert after sending package ?
[/quote

It will delivered to you in ur address the full package with explanation letter why its returned it takes 2 to 3 weeks as my first application returned to me coz of i forgot to sign the undertaking form. what u need to do is just follow instruction and resend it.all the best everything will be ok.

Jan 17, 2017
Hello everyone!

My partner is a Canadian citizen who would like to sponsor me for a common-law partner visa. We currently both reside and work in Japan as English instructors. We have been in a relationship for over three years and have lived together for more than two years (the last year of which was in Japan). While, we do not share any bank accounts, we completely support each other financially (we split rent, bills, groceries, utilities, furniture, vacations, etc.)

Our main concern is regarding the financial support section of the common-law sponsorship.

Am I correct that my sponsor will need to provide documentation proving she makes/possesses enough money to support the both of us (I believe this is around 35k per year)?

There is also a chance that our job search will not begin until we enter Canada. Will it be a problem if neither my partner nor I have a job upon entering Canada?

Thanks immensely for your advice and best of luck!

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
consideringstaying said:
Hello everyone!

My partner is a Canadian citizen who would like to sponsor me for a common-law partner visa. We currently both reside and work in Japan as English instructors. We have been in a relationship for over three years and have lived together for more than two years (the last year of which was in Japan). While, we do not share any bank accounts, we completely support each other financially (we split rent, bills, groceries, utilities, furniture, vacations, etc.)

Our main concern is regarding the financial support section of the common-law sponsorship.

Am I correct that my sponsor will need to provide documentation proving she makes/possesses enough money to support the both of us (I believe this is around 35k per year)?

There is also a chance that our job search will not begin until we enter Canada. Will it be a problem if neither my partner nor I have a job upon entering Canada?

Thanks immensely for your advice and best of luck!
As far as i know and as far as i understood, there are no condition of income regarding PR, but they request that the sponsor is not living on welfare or doesn't have social assistance. If that's the case, that person cannot sponsor his/her partner to for permanent residency.

You must know that you can't get a job without a working status in Canada, so you have to get a PR before properly looking for work.

So my advice is that, present your PR, you can fill in the form (i remember there was a small field in the "old" form) or add an explanatory letter explaining that both of you are currently working, and that you plan to move to Canada and live/work there once you have a valid working status. And if he have family and you want to stay there, you can get letter from his family saying they'll host you till you get a job and housing.

Don't resign from your current jobs before securing the following:

1. Your Canada Immigration Visa, check the expiry date of the visa
2. Your Landed status, as you have to go to canada just to "confirm" the PR BEFORE the expiry date, check http://www.canadavisa.com/landing-in-canada-as-a-permanent-resident-faq.html
3. A solid job offer if you want to carry on in your field or another

Number 3 definitely makes it easier to move to Canada with serenity.

Jan 17, 2017
icewizard said:
As far as i know and as far as i understood, there are no condition of income regarding PR, but they request that the sponsor is not living on welfare or doesn't have social assistance. If that's the case, that person cannot sponsor his/her partner to for permanent residency.

You must know that you can't get a job without a working status in Canada, so you have to get a PR before properly looking for work.

So my advice is that, present your PR, you can fill in the form (i remember there was a small field in the "old" form) or add an explanatory letter explaining that both of you are currently working, and that you plan to move to Canada and live/work there once you have a valid working status. And if he have family and you want to stay there, you can get letter from his family saying they'll host you till you get a job and housing.

Don't resign from your current jobs before securing the following:

1. Your Canada Immigration Visa, check the expiry date of the visa
2. Your Landed status, as you have to go to canada just to "confirm" the PR BEFORE the expiry date
3. A solid job offer if you want to carry on in your field or another

Number 3 definitely makes it easier to move to Canada with serenity.
Thank you so much for your quick reply and incredibly helpful advice!

We have yet to begin the process for my sponsorship so your words come as some much needed encouragement.

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
consideringstaying said:
Thank you so much for your quick reply and incredibly helpful advice!

We have yet to begin the process for my sponsorship so your words come as some much needed encouragement.
It's a long process (the application), but the new form is said to be done easier... So do it with the new form, read attentively what is required from you, and everything must be ok...

I'm still trying to link my application (received on 2017-01-11) but i guess they haven't yet entered my information in their system...

The only question i have is regarding the "Other Application Information" section...

It says:

Provide the following information entered on the application.

Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?
  • Province
  • City/Town/Village
  • Current marital status
  • Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application
I don't recall having a specific field like that in my application (either sponsor or sponsored person)... As i don't know which city of the lower mainland we're moving to exactly or Vancouver itself (unless we stay with my in-laws for the moment).

princessdiary

Jan 17, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Same here. Our application was sent there on January 10, 2017. Still waiting for the aor1 email but everyday i try searching for our app on gckey or ecas. No luck though

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
My outland spousal sponsorship application for my Thai husband was also couriered to Mississauga on January 10th!! FINALLY!!! I used the old application forms. I unfortunately can't link my husband's application (or compulsively check the myCIC or ECAS or GCKEY!) since only my immigration has access...

I'm currently living in Thailand with my husband, waiting for his PR so we can move to Canada together. Hoping & praying that it really is less than 12 months for all of us!! :)

Reactions: Shyrra Pinder

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Do we have a January spreadsheet? Can someone make one? Would be really interesting to see what's going on...

Our application was delivered on Jan 16 and I cannot wait for the AOR. I am really curious to know if 1st week Jan applicants have recieved their AOR email yet...

Thank you!

Shajnemb

Nov 10, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11 Jan 2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
no AORS
File Transfer...
01-FEB-2017
Med's Request
23-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017 PASSED
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
nov 15 2017
VISA ISSUED...
nov 16 2017
LANDED..........
nov 27
January applicant here
my application is received d seel last january 11
and waiting for AOR ahahha

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
from_mumbai said:
Do we have a January spreadsheet? Can someone make one? Would be really interesting to see what's going on...

Our application was delivered on Jan 16 and I cannot wait for the AOR. I am really curious to know if 1st week Jan applicants have recieved their AOR email yet...

Thank you!
Mine was received on the 3rd of January, according to ECAS they sent me AOR on January 14, but I never got an email. I only found out from ECAS.
I was able to link my application on January 11 through GCKey, and not only until very recently for ECAS.
This should help everyone out regarding to timeline

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
oneesaenv said:
Mine was received on the 3rd of January, according to ECAS they sent me AOR on January 14, but I never got an email. I only found out from ECAS.
I was able to link my application on January 11 through GCKey, and not only until very recently for ECAS.
This should help everyone out regarding to timeline
Thanks for the update!! No AOR email! That's weird!! Are you sure you spelled the email address right? It happened to me and thank God I found out while I was double checking the forms...

Also check the spam/junk email folder just incase it ended up there...