Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017, App returned on 26.01.2017 coz i missed BirthCerfiicate.. Filed again on Mar 16 2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
danawhitaker said:
I can't speak to the other stuff, but the application checklist is pretty clear that they want the marriage certificate. Not sure what you mean by original registration.

Looking at the new application kit with its dropboxes for country-specific stuff, if I put it in as you mentioned (Sweden as the country of residence, and then including Afghanistan as another country), it doesn't show a need for IMM 5562. Interesting. And potentially problematic if their little thing isn't telling people the right things to include and then the applications are getting returned based on that. Though regardless of that form, the marriage certificate still would have been a problem.
Yeah. i call CIC today and asked them that since my wife is Swedish citizen she doesn't need imm5562. she said it is not 100% guaranteed. it depends on the immigration officer.. so i have to submit imm5562 which doesn't make any sense

SAVAGE1216

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017, App returned on 26.01.2017 coz i missed BirthCerfiicate.. Filed again on Mar 16 2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
adt83 said:
Did you receive any form of communication (email/letter) before linking it?
No, the whole package was returned. no AOR or anything else.. there was a letter inside the package explaining the reason for returning it

SAVAGE1216

Dec 12, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sweden
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
S_Ashir said:
OMG thats sad...i really hope you get to gather all those info and send it back asap....i am a bit affraid now as i didnt sent my family birth certificates....Is it important??? or optional in ur case
Birth Certificates are mandatory, but i didn't realize that..

ihatetrump

Jan 30, 2017
luissuarez said:
Hi,

I've heard the outland applicants from US can be done in 4-6 months even though it is clearly stated in the CIC website that it takes around 12 months. My question is: is the 4-6 month period is only for Americans applying from US or anyone applying from US?
For American citizens and lawful permanent residents and maybe for people who are from countries with the visa waiver program. I'm an international student in USA and live in USA at the moment and my application was sent to the Mexico City VO.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
SAVAGE1216 said:
Yeah. i call CIC today and asked them that since my wife is Swedish citizen she doesn't need imm5562. she said it is not 100% guaranteed. it depends on the immigration officer.. so i have to submit imm5562 which doesn't make any sense
They shouldn't be able to return an application for something that doesn't show up properly in their own online system when compiling the application. I hope that doesn't start happening to a lot of people. One of the things they talked about was how it was supposed to be more streamlined and tell you exactly what you needed to send. If it's not doing that, it needs to be fixed. I do wonder perhaps if they wouldn't have returned it if the marriage certificate had been included, and would have just asked for that form to be filled out and uploaded. Hard to know for sure.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
"Subscribe to receive a text message when we get your family class sponsorship package
You can now receive a text message when we get your family class sponsorship package.

The text message only confirms that your family class sponsorship package arrived at our mailroom. It does not confirm that your application is complete or that we have started to process it. We will send you a letter or an email with an application number when processing starts."

[/quote]

I wish I knew this before I sent my application. Shucks.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
ihatetrump said:
For American citizens and lawful permanent residents and maybe for people who are from countries with the visa waiver program. I'm an international student in USA and live in USA at the moment and my application was sent to the Mexico City VO.
I am a student in the US too. Is it a good or a bad thing that your application was sent to Mexico City VO?

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
PrinceOfPersia said:
Hey Guys,

I was planning to submit my forms before end of this week or early next week. I organized everything and I am about to submit (send the package) pretty soon. But the problem is I paid the sponsorship fees today through online using online Interac method. I got the system error message but noticed the amount has been deducted from my account (Bank account). I checked with my bank and they said the amount went through successfully and everything is fine from their end. I logged into CIC account and on the receipts section I am just seeing the message "NO records found". I reached out to CIC to get some help on this but they're not really being helpful. They sent me an email with the link to view the receipt which I have already tried and no luck. Has anyone ever faced this problem? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Now I got the entire package to submit but I am still waiting to attach the payment receipt which I haven't received yet. Thanks!
I would just attach proof of the deduction from your bank account, and attach an explanation for how you didn't receive the receipt.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
This is becoming discouraging. I keep seeing people who sent their applications in later than us getting SA and nothing is happening on our end. I don't know why it's taking so long for us. I'm employed. I've owned my house forever. This is my first (and only) marriage. I included everything they asked for. It should be one of the simpler apps. I'm starting to get worried.

ihatetrump

Jan 30, 2017
luissuarez said:
I am a student in the US too. Is it a good or a bad thing that your application was sent to Mexico City VO?
Bad. Mexico VO have higher processing times. They process many of the Central America and Caribbean countries including Mexico itself, which is a pretty big country haha. This is why processing times are so high. Wish they had processed it trough Ottawa but well, at least I know it's being processed.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
This is becoming discouraging. I keep seeing people who sent their applications in later than us getting SA and nothing is happening on our end. I don't know why it's taking so long for us. I'm employed. I've owned my house forever. This is my first (and only) marriage. I included everything they asked for. It should be one of the simpler apps. I'm starting to get worried.
Is it showing Review of Eligibility as being in progress on MyCIC?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
danawhitaker said:
Is it showing Review of Eligibility as being in progress on MyCIC?
No. Nothing has changed there, either. I guess I just need to be patient.

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
When did you sent the app? I sent mine on january 9th and i havent received a single letter or anything. Almost everyone befor be and after me have been aproved already and im not even able to link my app :(

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
edelahozd said:
When did you sent the app? I sent mine on january 9th and i havent received a single letter or anything. Almost everyone befor be and after me have been aproved already and im not even able to link my app :(
They received our application on the 5th of January, but they didn't start processing my sponsorship application until the 16th. I'm probably making myself crazy for no reason. I'm good at that. :-X

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
edelahozd said:
Jan 10th nothing yet.