+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

rockycool

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Hi All,

I am a Jan 2017 applicant and haven't received the medical request yet even though people (belonging to the same VO) who had applied with me have also received earlier this week. Hence a bit worried and anxious now to know the status of my application.

Is there any way I could understand at what stage my application is in ?

Any help or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

dmppr

Apr 27, 2017
My background check has been in process for 1 month on MyCIC.
outland, old form, Jan, 2017 applicant
anyone can share some knowleage with BG?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
dmppr said:
What exactly it says in your Background Check?

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had the following question:

I am a New Zealand citizen currently living in Australia wanting to apply for Common Law Spousal Visa. My Canadian partner has just given birth to twin girls (April 2017). We have been in a common law relationship for more than 12 months. I'd be interested to hear which of the following options would work best for us:

- Inland application: I am looking at applying for a Temporary Visiting Visa for 6 months. Upon arrival I intend on submitting my Common Law Spousal application as well as an application for an Open Work Permit so I can work whilst I wait for the outcome of the Common Law Spousal Visa. I will have roughly $30,000 saved so I can demonstrate I will be able to support myself whilst in Canada.

- Outland application: I am currently living in Australia so I can apply as an "Outland" applicant however I know the processing time is roughly 12 months. I have heard that it is faster as an "Outland" applicant and could be approved in 6 months but I don't want to take the risk and it ends up taking 12 months as I will be away from my family for too long.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

dmppr

Apr 27, 2017
kiwias said:
Hi everyone,

I had the following question:

I am a New Zealand citizen currently living in Australia wanting to apply for Common Law Spousal Visa. My Canadian partner has just given birth to twin girls (April 2017). We have been in a common law relationship for more than 12 months. I'd be interested to hear which of the following options would work best for us:

- Inland application: I am looking at applying for a Temporary Visiting Visa for 6 months. Upon arrival I intend on submitting my Common Law Spousal application as well as an application for an Open Work Permit so I can work whilst I wait for the outcome of the Common Law Spousal Visa. I will have roughly $30,000 saved so I can demonstrate I will be able to support myself whilst in Canada.

- Outland application: I am currently living in Australia so I can apply as an "Outland" applicant however I know the processing time is roughly 12 months. I have heard that it is faster as an "Outland" applicant and could be approved in 6 months but I don't want to take the risk and it ends up taking 12 months as I will be away from my family for too long.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.
come to Canada as vistor. apply outland and put a Canadian address.
may be sent to Ottawa, fastest office. lots of ppl here get dm within 4 monthes

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
dmppr said:
come to Canada as vistor. apply outland and put a Canadian address.
may be sent to Ottawa, fastest office. lots of ppl here get dm within 4 monthes
VO is selected on the basis of Nationality(Country of birth) and not on the mailing address.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
rockycool said:
Hi All,

I am a Jan 2017 applicant and haven't received the medical request yet even though people (belonging to the same VO) who had applied with me have also received earlier this week. Hence a bit worried and anxious now to know the status of my application.

Is there any way I could understand at what stage my application is in ?

Any help or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
What is your timeline like? What does your ECAS and CIC account say? What VO is your application being processed at? When was your application received? I have a feeling CIC has just recently updated things, up until March it seemed they would send applications to the Visa Office before medicals, and now they're asking for them before. Maybe you were part of the first cohort that were sent off with medicals first received?

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
We just got CIC 2 separate account messages. One with a medical request for non-accompanying dependent (within 30 days) and the other with an interview request for Sept 30th. We were asked to bring FBI and RCMP clearances, passport, dependents birth certificate and 3 passport sized potos for the dependent. Kingston Visa Office typically gives visa on the spot if all goes well at the interview. A bit of a wait, but so happy to have an idea when hubby will be arriving if all goes well.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
adt83 said:
We just got CIC 2 separate account messages. One with a medical request for non-accompanying dependent (within 30 days) and the other with an interview request for Sept 30th. We were asked to bring FBI and RCMP clearances, passport, dependents birth certificate and 3 passport sized potos for the dependent. Kingston Visa Office typically gives visa on the spot if all goes well at the interview. A bit of a wait, but so happy to have an idea when hubby will be arriving if all goes well.
You were given an interview date for September? Wow, that's a lot of time to wait for the interview. I don't know if i'll be able to survive! hope everything goes well with you.

Apr 24, 2017
dmppr said:
I am in the same boat. My BGC has been in progress for over two months. I emailed CIC and was told this was still within normal processing times. I wish I could offer better advice than to be patient, but at least you know you aren't alone in your long wait.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
We're at seven weeks on our background check. Still waiting ...

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
candom said:
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum. I have been following it for awhile though because I have found some great information on here. I was wondering if someone could tell me what AOR2 actually is. Is it the email that CIC sends you informing you of the file being trasnferred, or is it an email that you would receieve from the VO itself. Thanks for the help!
AOR2 is an email from your VO.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
YOU GUYS, I hadn't been able to link my application for more than two months after I submitted it. I was just checking some other threads, and I saw that someone got linked after entering their spouse as single. I just did that and IT WORKED. Finally. But seriously what an absolutely silly mistake on part of the administration. I'm so relieved now though. ;D

I also have another question: I don't see anywhere to upload Schedule A on MYCIC. Is it possible that it's not there anymore or that they don't need it?

Also, my spouse and I are expecting. How should I inform CIC about this and will it affect our application? (Applicant is not the pregnant one)