+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2014 OUTLAND Applicants - Join here

tabsie12

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Edgehead78 said:
I got today the set of GCMS notes for the applicant.
I was very glad to see that my wife passed the medical without problem. The doctor said she might have traces of tuberculosis but looks like CIC doctors are not of the same opinion.
The very best part of the 29 pages document is the notes part. The officer left the following note the day of PPR:
"INITIAL REVIEW Married within last 2 years. No eligible deps. Valid marriage. ID sufficiently established. Nothing to flag at this time. Meds passed. No adverse FOSS record. NBI + other required policerts - clean."
Looks good and positive to me. :D I dont think they will request interview.
So if they request for ppr it means they already do the background checking and evaluation? So if it change to inprocess it means that it is a positive result already? Because i thought after the inprocess they will only start the checking that's why it took the passports that long on them. I'm relieved that on the day of passport reques they already do the evaluation.

GuelphON

Jul 8, 2014
Iloilo
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2014: In Process 13-8-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-8-2014; DM 17-8-2014: VISA Received 29-8-2014
LANDED..........
Oct.5
Edgehead78 said:
I got today the set of GCMS notes for the applicant.
I was very glad to see that my wife passed the medical without problem. The doctor said she might have traces of tuberculosis but looks like CIC doctors are not of the same opinion.
The very best part of the 29 pages document is the notes part. The officer left the following note the day of PPR:
"INITIAL REVIEW Married within last 2 years. No eligible deps. Valid marriage. ID sufficiently established. Nothing to flag at this time. Meds passed. No adverse FOSS record. NBI + other required policerts - clean."
Looks good and positive to me. :D I dont think they will request interview.
Wow good news! By the way, It is okey if we'll not request GCMS notes? Tnx

tworegtdi

Feb 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked ECAS and noticed a decision has been made on the permanent resident application (updated overnight August 14th) :D :D

We received XXXX application for permanent residence on January 27, 2014.

We started processing XXX application on May 15, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.

yosumi

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 January 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 21 February 2014/ AOR2: 02 April 2014
File Transfer...
11 March 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront: 5 December 2013/ eCAS Medicals Received: 21 June 2014
Interview........
Fairness Procedural Letter Received: 14 August 2014
Passport Req..
14 August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
eCAS In Process: 29 September 2014/ Decision Made: 6 October 2014
iwodamiorie said:
Hi all,

Hubby had his interview on August 12, however, they asked him to resubmit his police clearance. We later receive an email on same day(August 12) to mail his passport along with the clearance. God is Good! Please update the spreadsheet...
Thanks nancyjones.

I had to submit proof of residency along with my wife`s passport. Good luck to us.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
tabsie12 said:
So if they request for ppr it means they already do the background checking and evaluation? So if it change to inprocess it means that it is a positive result already? Because i thought after the inprocess they will only start the checking that's why it took the passports that long on them. I'm relieved that on the day of passport reques they already do the evaluation.
I would not say like that tabsie12. It says INITIAL REVIEW on the note. To my understanding, its more related to the applicants package and forms and not on the proof of relationship.

tworegtdi said:
Just checked ECAS and noticed a decision has been made on the permanent resident application (updated overnight August 14th) :D :D

We received XXXX application for permanent residence on January 27, 2014.

We started processing XXX application on May 15, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.
iwodamiorie said:
Hi all,

Hubby had his interview on August 12, however, they asked him to resubmit his police clearance. We later receive an email on same day(August 12) to mail his passport along with the clearance. God is Good! Please update the spreadsheet...
Congratulations to both of you in the steps forward of your applications, your respective entries has been updated.

On a personal note, I had the joy to see that my Ecas got updated to "In process" this morning. Ecas is not very up-to-date as it says they started processing on August 13.

jolyn

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09 -2014
LANDED..........
5-10-2014
hello guys :)

like some of you forum mates my ECAS change to IN PROCESS im so happy

IN PROCESS Aug. 13, 2014

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Congrats to all!!!
Lol this thread is gonna become so lonely soon =D
Manila has a fantastic track record, I wish the rest of the visa offices would function at the same speed one day, for future applicants.
For anyone else waiting, good luck! And for those finishing their journey, good luck with your bright, new futures! <3

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
jolyn said:
hello guys :)

like some of you forum mates my ECAS change to IN PROCESS im so happy

IN PROCESS Aug. 13, 2014
Congrats Jolyn!

b4roness said:
Congrats to all!!!
Lol this thread is gonna become so lonely soon =D
Manila has a fantastic track record, I wish the rest of the visa offices would function at the same speed one day, for future applicants.
For anyone else waiting, good luck! And for those finishing their journey, good luck with your bright, new futures! <3
Yes I don't know what is happening with Manila now. Looks like they have some additional resources to process things.

Edgehead78 said:
I would not say like that tabsie12. It says INITIAL REVIEW on the note. To my understanding, its more related to the applicants package and forms and not on the proof of relationship.

Congratulations to both of you in the steps forward of your applications, your respective entries has been updated.

On a personal note, I had the joy to see that my Ecas got updated to "In process" this morning. Ecas is not very up-to-date as it says they started processing on August 13.
Thanks Edgehead78. By the way, your recent update may mean they have started processing your Visa. Mine was updated to "in process" and it stated August 12 as the date they started processing ...which was the date they requested for my hubby's passport. You may be hearing the good news soon.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Our status is now "In Process" too. Said they started processing it on August 11th. This can't be the first time they're looking at it, is it (ie they've already determined if anything was missing, asked for additional docs)? Anyone know what they'd be doing now...final once over before sending approval I hope?!

Gumper said:
Our status is now "In Process" too. Said they started processing it on August 11th. This can't be the first time they're looking at it, is it (ie they've already determined if anything was missing, asked for additional docs)? Anyone know what they'd be doing now...final once over before sending approval I hope?!
I believe they are in the final stage with your file too. Ours showed "started precessing" afterwards and our interview date was the day they wrote as the start day. By the way, his passport was requested same day. Good luck to you.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
For sure its not the first time they look at the application. I guess the "in process" stage is the time where they establish if the marriage is genuine looking at the proof, and wait for some security checks. I guess this is the final stage before approval.

By the way, we had a discussion on Philippine airlines in another topic. Im glad to tell you that they kept the boeing 777 on the canadian routes until further notice. This means in-seat entertainment for the 16 hours flight. ;D

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
This is a good question Gumper. You are right, this can't be the first time they are looking at your application since you received PPR on July 11th. So I don't know why you received "in process" on August 11th. The Manila VO appears to be different than other VOs when it comes to the sequence of events in the application process. I originally thought getting PPR means they have already looked at your application at which point your ECAS should have changed to "in process". But so many of us have received PPR but either ECAS hasn't changed to "in process" yet or it changed after several weeks of the PPR.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
O_guy said:
This is a good question Gumper. You are right, this can't be the first time they are looking at your application since you received PPR on July 11th. So I don't know why you received "in process" on August 11th. The Manila VO appears to be different than other VOs when it comes to the sequence of events in the application process. I originally thought getting PPR means they have already looked at your application at which point your ECAS should have changed to "in process". But so many of us have received PPR but either ECAS hasn't changed to "in process" yet or it changed after several weeks of the PPR.
That's true, it's probably a case of ecas being a centralized db that is fed by the vo's and it may lag behind what's actually happening in the vo. I think others in other threads have indicated receiving their visa before ecas showed DM.

Thanks for the update too Edgehead re the Boeing 777 being left on the manila Canada route. Very good to know.