Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Hey,

I am wondering what the point of ordering notes now are? I am interested in doing so, but I am not sure if there would be anything of interest in them.

What do you think?

I am in Sweden and my sponsor is in Canada, the file is in London. Should my sponsor order notes, or should I? Would the notes be from Mississauga AND London?
Can somebody post the link.
Thanks

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hey,

I am wondering what the point of ordering notes now are? I am interested in doing so, but I am not sure if there would be anything of interest in them.

What do you think?

I am in Sweden and my sponsor is in Canada, the file is in London. Should my sponsor order notes, or should I? Would the notes be from Mississauga AND London?
Can somebody post the link.
Thanks
Hello! A while back on this thread I saw a bunch of folks ordering notes about a month or so after they sent their application to Mississauga, so I was also wondering the same.

I've been told by a few of my friends who have gone through the process that (unless something has gone wrong and you've been notified by a visa office etc) that there really isn't much of a point to see them this early on in the process - except for perhaps more of an elaboration of what it says on ECAS. My friend recommended to just be patient and order the notes, if i want, when ECAS changes to "in process" - by that time you'll have been in the dark for a good 6 months or more - so at that point, you might want a little update :)

So, in summary, I'm a January applicant as well, and I'll just hold tight till Manila updates my ECAS :)

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Marticus said:
Hello! A while back on this thread I saw a bunch of folks ordering notes about a month or so after they sent their application to Mississauga, so I was also wondering the same.

I've been told by a few of my friends who have gone through the process that (unless something has gone wrong and you've been notified by a visa office etc) that there really isn't much of a point to see them this early on in the process - except for perhaps more of an elaboration of what it says on ECAS. My friend recommended to just be patient and order the notes, if i want, when ECAS changes to "in process" - by that time you'll have been in the dark for a good 6 months or more - so at that point, you might want a little update :)

So, in summary, I'm a January applicant as well, and I'll just hold tight till Manila updates my ECAS :)
Thanks for your reply. The only thing I am interested in seeing is whether I have a bring forward date on it or not. I was requested to pay the RPRF and send in the receipt on April 30th, within 60 days. So I was curious to see if 60 days from April 30th would be my bring forward date and they would start processing it then.

Does anybody know if the BFD is visible on notes?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes, it's visible on the notes. There are no hard rules when it comes to applying for GCMS notes. Personally, I'm requesting mine because it's been over 2 months since it was transferred and as I understand, my visa office does not issue the second AOR. So I want to see what if anything is in the file. Also, the notes can sometimes give you a heads up about a document they plan to request before you receive the request itself.

I'm not sure why CIC will request RPRF fee when they haven't begin processing but who knows with them.

Graihn said:
Thanks for your reply. The only thing I am interested in seeing is whether I have a bring forward date on it or not. I was requested to pay the RPRF and send in the receipt on April 30th, within 60 days. So I was curious to see if 60 days from April 30th would be my bring forward date and they would start processing it then.

Does anybody know if the BFD is visible on notes?

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Attention fellow Philippines sponsors/applicants. I was browsing the July 2013 Outland thread and came upon a posting that referenced this: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140 That was the first I've heard of this requirement. The poster in July said it can be done same day, but for me it just adds another element I didn't expect & would rather not have to endure (or at least for my wife & son). Anyway, has anyone heard of it / factored it into your provisional Philippines exit plans?

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
Attention fellow Philippines sponsors/applicants. I was browsing the July 2013 Outland thread and came upon a posting that referenced this: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140 That was the first I've heard of this requirement. The poster in July said it can be done same day, but for me it just adds another element I didn't expect & would rather not have to endure (or at least for my wife & son). Anyway, has anyone heard of it / factored it into your provisional Philippines exit plans?
Yes Gumper, You are right about this requirement. My wife did it already because she needed to renew her passport which was expiring in march before she applies for immigration. She wanted to bear her married name on her passport and the DFA requires to undergo that seminar if you're changing your name for a foreign one.

As stated on the website, they issued her the GCC (guidance and counseling certificate) but not the CFO sticker. She will have to go back there with her GCC and passport with Canadian visa and then they will apply the sticker in her passport.

You can do the seminar upfront if you like. Please note that you have to take appointment as there is limited slots for each session. The schedule is Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am to 12 noon. I noticed that you have to enroll online, this is new. I didn't attend the seminar myself but my wife says its like the counseling seminar you have to undergo when you're getting married in the Philippines.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
Yes Gumper, You are right about this requirement. My wife did it already because she needed to renew her passport which was expiring in march before she applies for immigration. She wanted to bear her married name on her passport and the DFA requires to undergo that seminar if you're changing your name for a foreign one. As stated on the website, they issued her the GCC (guidance and counseling certificate) but not the CFO sticker. She will have to go back there with her GCC and passport with Canadian visa and then they will apply the sticker in her passport. You can do the seminar upfront if you like. Please note that you have to take appointment as there is limited slots for each session. The schedule is Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am to 12 noon. I noticed that you have to enroll online, this is new. I didn't attend the seminar myself but my wife says its like the counseling seminar you have to undergo when you're getting married in the Philippines.
Thanks Edgehead. My wife still has her passport with her maiden name, which we also used in the visa application. I've emailed the CFO with these questions, don't know how long it will take for a response so if you know any of the answers feel free to feedback:

How is a slot booked for an appointment in Manila? Is this made via telephone, or by email, or either? How far in advance can one call/email to book a slot? My wife is not in Manila (she lives in Bicol), ideally we would like to do it a day or two maximum before their departure from Manila to Canada if possible. Also, is it possible to do the GCC beforehand in a city like Legaspi or Naga, and then just the CFO part in Manila?

Regarding 'our' son: Does he also have to attend the seminar / obtain both the GCC & CFO sticker? Please NOTE: We have submitted in our application to Canada Immigration a sworn affidavit regarding the custody status of the child. We have been informed that according to Article 176 of the Philippines family law code my wife is in full custody of the boy because he is "illegitimate" -- the biological father is NOT listed on the birth certificate, and was not involved in the boy's upbringing. The child will be 7 years old this August (born in 2007). Can you also verify that if he does require a certificate &/or sticker that you would determine the custody status in the same way as described above (and by the DSWD as well) and this would especially be sufficient for him obtain the CFO sticker?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
ama1978 said:
The Accra office does not usually send AOR. You will most likely only hear from them if they require more info/documents, request an interview or send PP request.
AMA a January applicant just got document request . So get ready if you are a January or February applicant . His application got to Accra in February . Accra seem to be workin cool so far

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
Thanks Edgehead. My wife still has her passport with her maiden name, which we also used in the visa application. I've emailed the CFO with these questions, don't know how long it will take for a response so if you know any of the answers feel free to feedback:

How is a slot booked for an appointment in Manila? Is this made via telephone, or by email, or either? How far in advance can one call/email to book a slot? My wife is not in Manila (she lives in Bicol), ideally we would like to do it a day or two maximum before their departure from Manila to Canada if possible. Also, is it possible to do the GCC beforehand in a city like Legaspi or Naga, and then just the CFO part in Manila?

Regarding 'our' son: Does he also have to attend the seminar / obtain both the GCC & CFO sticker? Please NOTE: We have submitted in our application to Canada Immigration a sworn affidavit regarding the custody status of the child. We have been informed that according to Article 176 of the Philippines family law code my wife is in full custody of the boy because he is "illegitimate" -- the biological father is NOT listed on the birth certificate, and was not involved in the boy's upbringing. The child will be 7 years old this August (born in 2007). Can you also verify that if he does require a certificate &/or sticker that you would determine the custody status in the same way as described above (and by the DSWD as well) and this would especially be sufficient for him obtain the CFO sticker?
You can book an appointment using the website you posted in your previous post. I saw on the home page that they now have an online appointment system. Manila is not accepting walk-in applicants anymore. From what I understand, you can only attend the seminar in Manila or Cebu.
You're planning to attend only when she will get her visa so here's what I would do if I was you. I would wait until the interview step of immigration process. If she has to do the interview, I would wait until she had done it and take appointment after. If the interview is waived, then I would take appointment after waiving.
If I remember correctly, my wife got her appointment within the same month so no need to worry about that, they have 2 seminars per week in Manila. You can expect her visa to be released in December according to the timelines of people before us, if it can help you plan.
I don't think your son needs to attend that seminar. He is still dependent child of your wife so I think he is included with her. Anyway, the topics (continuation of the relationship, human trafficking, domestic violence) of the seminar are concerning adults, not kids. I would tell them that she has dependent child so they can issue sticker for him also, if ever he needs. I'm assuming all of this, we don't have any kids yet me and my wife.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
You can book an appointment using the website you posted in your previous post. I saw on the home page that they now have an online appointment system. Manila is not accepting walk-in applicants anymore. From what I understand, you can only attend the seminar in Manila or Cebu. You're planning to attend only when she will get her visa so here's what I would do if I was you. I would wait until the interview step of immigration process. If she has to do the interview, I would wait until she had done it and take appointment after. If the interview is waived, then I would take appointment after waiving. If I remember correctly, my wife got her appointment within the same month so no need to worry about that, they have 2 seminars per week in Manila. You can expect her visa to be released in December according to the timelines of people before us, if it can help you plan. I don't think your son needs to attend that seminar. He is still dependent child of your wife so I think he is included with her. Anyway, the topics (continuation of the relationship, human trafficking, domestic violence) of the seminar are concerning adults, not kids. I would tell them that she has dependent child so they can issue sticker for him also, if ever he needs. I'm assuming all of this, we don't have any kids yet me and my wife.
Thanks again Edgehead. It's certainly a lot easier a task if one lives close to Manila -- which is why we would like to combine it if possible in the outbound trip movement from Bicol to Manila to Canada. Hopefully it can be done in one day in Manila. It will certainly require some deft forecasting/planning around the visa stages you mention. That's why I hope the CFO can provide some good indication on time to allow for advance booking. I didn't see an online booking area on the CFO web site, but I will scour it again...or maybe they'll accept emails too. Anyway, better to know this now than to learn about it much later and have to scramble at the last minute. Like you, I may go over there anyway to accompany them back to Canada....maybe we'll see you on the flight back! (Hope we get our visas a bit earlier than your forecast so we can avoid the holiday travel crowds & higher airfares!) a+ Gump

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Hi, I am new to the forum. Applying for common law sponsorship. Application filed January 16 and transferred February 19 to Vienna office! Ecas show medical received (ever since February 19, I did them up front)

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Minicooper said:
Hi, I am new to the forum. Applying for common law sponsorship. Application filed January 16 and transferred February 19 to Vienna office! Ecas show medical received (ever since February 19, I did them up front)
Welcome to our group Minicooper. You have been added to the spreadsheet. Feel free to update us with any new or past information you have. :)

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
Thanks again Edgehead. It's certainly a lot easier a task if one lives close to Manila -- which is why we would like to combine it if possible in the outbound trip movement from Bicol to Manila to Canada. Hopefully it can be done in one day in Manila. It will certainly require some deft forecasting/planning around the visa stages you mention. That's why I hope the CFO can provide some good indication on time to allow for advance booking. I didn't see an online booking area on the CFO web site, but I will scour it again...or maybe they'll accept emails too. Anyway, better to know this now than to learn about it much later and have to scramble at the last minute. Like you, I may go over there anyway to accompany them back to Canada....maybe we'll see you on the flight back! (Hope we get our visas a bit earlier than your forecast so we can avoid the holiday travel crowds & higher airfares!) a+ Gump
Yes its always easier when you are close to the Manila area. I understand what you mean. My wife is coming from Northern Samar and it was always complicated before she moved to Manila.
I spoke with my wife this morning and she has better memory than me. ;) She reminded me that she just went there early in the morning and she registered for the same day seminar. But like I said in the previous post, you can't do that anymore. You have to register online.
Here is the link: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/
There is a big banner there for registering and if you scroll down there is also information.
Everything will be done on the same day. You pay the 400 PHP, you attend the seminar from 9 to 12 and they deliver the certificate and sticker on the spot.

I don't know which airline you plan to fly but if you fly Philippine Airlines to come back, you will have to spend at least one night in Manila. PAL is flying to Canada on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. The seminar is Tuesdays and Fridays. The flight bound for Vancouver is at 3PM Phils time so even if you try to do it the same day before leaving on Friday, its gonna be tight schedule.

Thanks though for posting that information that might be useful to our fellow Filipino applicants. I forgot about that. :D

Ryu

May 14, 2014
Hi i am new in this site. Just want to ask my application approve april 2 2014, i ve done my medical april 23, what next thing to do? Do i need to inform the Cem or email about my application? Or just wait for PPR thanks.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Ryu said:
Hi i am new in this site. Just want to ask my application approve april 2 2014, i ve done my medical april 23, what next thing to do? Do i need to inform the Cem or email about my application? Or just wait for PPR thanks.
You don't need to do anything once your sponsor is approved. They will forward your application to the Visa Office responsible of your country. Just monitor your email address if you provided one because they will send their requests using your email.